What is Ngnnou's legacy in MMA for you?

He was able to close his eyes and swing with power. He lost to Stipe and Lewis via two completely different ways, but showed improvement in the Stipe 2 fight. He was finally on his way to developing an all round skillset, when he left the UFC after the Gane fight.

He ultimately wanted money and he left the UFC chasing it. He won't be included in any top 10 HW lists and is below most other champions.

No Ngannou is more than that. He's a great striker in MMA HW division. Not technical though.

Yes I don't think he will be either. It's going to look even worse after tomorrow. He can't box.

Finally.
Someone with common sense on the issue.

giphy.gif

He risked everything 10 years ago to become a boxer.
Everything was documented way before that fight was signed, and before he even fought for the UFC title.
People who knew him as a homeless immigrant back then have backed that publicly, several years ago. Same for his relatives in Cameroon.

Mile Tyson agreed to corner hom to fight Fury in 2019.

I think he got greedy and did it for the money. We can agree to disagree I guess, we'd never know.

He's basically a less technical version of Rumble Johnson, but benefited being in a weak division mostly taking advantage of washed big names with shot chins.

I think he got greedy and did it for the money. We can agree to disagree I guess, we'd never know.
We can disagree, but all he has always said about dreaming to become a boxer before is on the record.

We can disagree, but all he has always said about dreaming to become a boxer before is on the record.

true. But just because I dreamed of astronaut when i was a kid, if I went on a spaceship for 10 million over 8 million doing otherwise, it doesn't mean it wasn't for that 2 million though.

Money means a lot more to people often. I don't think this was an exception, but like said before, we'd never know.

true. But just because I dreamed of astronaut when i was a kid, if I went on a spaceship for 10 million over 8 million doing otherwise, it doesn't mean it wasn't for that 2 million though.

Money means a lot more to people often. I don't think this was an exception, but like said before, we'd never know.
If you risked your life crossing a desert on foot and a sea on an inflatable boat, being homeless in a foreign country to become an astronaut, I would absolutely believe you did it not primarily for the money.

There was zero guarantee for Ngannou to make that kind of money when he left the UFC.

An extremely dangerous, though flawed fighter who surrounded himself with the wrong people.

If you risked your life crossing a desert on foot and a sea on an inflatable boat, being homeless in a foreign country to become an astronaut, I would absolutely believe you did it not primarily for the money.

There was zero guarantee for Ngannou to make that kind of money when he left the UFC.

Yes except it's not about being an astronaut for him, it's boxing.

And It's not about guarantees, it's about what they thought they could get.

It's just that, we can agree to disagree! Cheers Sherbro!

I get Ngannou is sort of an "icon" for standing up to the UFC, so it's unpopular to say anything negative. But I was a huge fan since his first couple fights, always excited to see him again. No one has ever brought that much power to the UFC before. He slayed everyone, besides getting his first lesson in TDD against Stipe, but he avenged it. As a fan it was cool to see him get redemption, but it's sort of bitter too because I believed how active he was going to be.

He took time off for injury, then won a weird close decision against Gane. Ngannou can beat anyone on the planet, even Fury this weekend, but I just hated his inactivity. I'm bitter we traded title defenses against Jones, Pavlovich, Aspinall, etc... for Tyson Fury clown match, plus defending against who's in PFL. His career is basically over right as he reached the top.

Dominate wins over 5 current or former UFC champs:
Stipe
Cain V.
Gane
JDS
Arlovski

I'm bitter we traded title defenses against Jones, Pavlovich, Aspinall, etc... for Tyson Fury clown match, plus defending against who's in PFL. His career is basically over right as he reached the top.

Relax Dana, you made your bed. He punished 12 of your best,
made his true statement of dominance.

Francis paid his dues, climbed to the top of the ladder, after laying waste and owning the division, then stepped off to do his own thing.

If only the past champions had been able to break those UFC chains...

Great fighter, no matter how you cut it. Perceived to be one-dimensional but improved his game to the point that his weakness (grappling) was effectively addressed towards the end of his stint.
Stood for himself and eventually showed a fighter can stick it to the man if he plays his cards right.
Not everyone can do it, but mi tocayo Frank sure did.

a Guy who never was a martial arts who always wanted to go to boxing and be the guy but wasnt good enough start there so he used MMA to get a launching pad to his dream shrugs.. i still think he wasted opportunity to get big and make more and think he left to soon

Back