What is Ngnnou's legacy in MMA for you?

Arguably the most impressive thing Ive ever seen in combat sports for sure.

Who knew he had it in him? Mindblowing.

Mad kudos to Francis. Made me eat crow and havent felt that way ever.

Just amazing.

I was watching it thinking everything I thought about him was wrong to be honest.
I thought he would struggle vs anyone that could throw a straight punch and he proved me wrong.

Scariest MMA fighter ever.

Still remember to this day how everyone acted like we were in a funeral before the Stipe 1 fight.

And that Jairzinho 'fuck kickboxing' KO without crowd... man oh man.

Last edited:
I was watching it thinking everything I thought about him was wrong to be honest.
I thought he would struggle vs anyone that could throw a straight punch and he proved me wrong.

Im not sure what to make of that. Was that Fury underestimating Ngannou or does really hw boxing suck that much?

Ngannou never showed any ounce of boxing ability until tonight. He looked phenomenal but yeah.

Not sure what to make of that.

Im not sure what to make of that. Was that Fury underestimating Ngannou or does really hw boxing suck that much?

Ngannou never showed any ounce of boxing ability until tonight. He looked phenomenal but yeah.

Not sure what to make of that.

I just think he hurt Fury and rattled him early with him never truly recovering. Fury thought he would dance around on the outside and land a jab here and there and avoid looping shots. Fury tried to put it on him early and Francis was countering him and having great success from Southpaw.

Instead Fury was made to lead, got punsihed for every strike he landed and the only argument for him to have won is that he landed more total strikes. He landed 11 more strikes than Francis the entire fight, 5 of those are in a single round and that counting an intentional elbow.

I just think he hurt Fury and rattled him early with him never truly recovering. Fury thought he would dance around on the outside and land a jab here and there and avoid looping shots. Fury tried to put it on him early and Francis was countering him and having great success from Southpaw.

Instead Fury was made to lead, got punsihed for every strike he landed and the only argument for him to have won is that he landed more total strikes. He landed 11 more strikes than Francis the entire fight, 5 of those are in a single round and that counting an intentional elbow.

What was very odd to me was that Fury couldnt really hit Ngannou. It was very odd. I mean before being knocked down, Fury didnt look good.

There are very few fighters who get into MMA and make it to the UFC. Even harder to do so recently. To rise through the HW division, where literally one second, one misstep, one mis-calculation can end everything, and compound health problems rapidly, Francis did so. He rose to the top of the UFC HW division, smoked everyone in his path, got his redemption against Stipe, outworked, Cyril Gane, then, a once in a lifetime HW fighter. He then LEFT at the height of his career, would not bow down to Dana White, and fucking became even more successful on his own terms. Where Randy Couture tried and failed, Ngannou succeeded, and I mean that only in pure negotiation terms. Where Fedor also said no, but then never got the due respect he fucking deserved, Francis succeeded. His legacy will forever go down, as the calculated Cameroon, who was able to negotiate his own path, his own contract, and his own riches. He was one of few fighters, who told Dana, Fuck No you bastard, and fucking won. When the world doubted him, he stayed quiet. When the fans, media, questioned his moves, he stayed silent. And look how it played out now. Francis Ngannou is not only the WORLDS BEST COMBAT FIGHTER OF ALL TIME, he is without a doubt, the most smartest, most calculated fighter of all time. Where every other fighter failed and either bent the knee, or faded into obscurity, Francis came out on top and conqueured. His legacy, is the greatest, to ever damn do it, in the modern era. No other MMA champion has done that to the boxing equivalent. What a fucking awesome moment to witness. WAR KING NGANNOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE KING HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll eat it. I was dead wrong
Huh, I thought you said that after the fight. Ight.

Let's be honest tho, no one really expected Ngannou to do anything other than lose badly. Even I wrote a comment before on how his chances of winning was "basically zero"

Probably the same as Carwin's. Massive power and had a belt, but didn't do anything noteworthy with it, and left before defining any real legacy.

Huh, I thought you said that after the fight. Ight.

Let's be honest tho, no one really expected Ngannou to do anything other than lose badly. Even I wrote a comment before on how his chances of winning was "basically zero"
No I posted that prior to it

Legacy - YMMV - loved how his less-than-technical MMA start progressed to where he eventually won the belt. His fights has been a pleasure to watch, and great IMHO for the sport he proudly represented.

Getting to train under Mike Tyson proved to be extremely helpful. Mike learned the science of boxing from one of the greats, then worked tirelessly for years to hone his skills. Francis already had great power, helping his defense, and offense, from Mike made perfect sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back