What is Ngnnou's legacy in MMA for you?

The dude who KOd all my favorite HWs as I rooted against him because I always root against athletic freaks with no combat sports backgrounds. He better give boxing the same treatment.

Scariest power puncher ever. Never really got the chance to have a great resume, but beat enough old legends to make you wonder.

The dude who KOd all my favorite HWs as I rooted against him because I always root against athletic freaks with no combat sports backgrounds.
We get it Normot, & Dana has your coupons ready.

Naoya#1 said:
If you wanna be objective: the UFC champion who doesn't eat shit.

He's the only none, Naoya.
No champion, except Francis, owns their own name.

Last edited:
No it was 8 million for him to fight Jones, but they weren't going to pay him 8 million PER fight if he lost to Jones, and he would've made that 8 million plus 7 months ago.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/fra...st-to-jon-jones-it-wasnt-8-million-per-fight/

I don't care what Ngannou does. I thought that was out of greed, and that is my opinion, you know? I also think he overplayed his hand in terms of $, but we will see.

I'm not here to judge but have not much pity either for millionaires going up against billionaires wanting more money, which was the case.

But wish him the best.
That 8 million number its an estimate imo, purse of 2-3 Million, so he becomes the "highest paid HW", above Lesnar who got 2million vs Hunt, and then the rest in PPV, im sure it never was 8 million guaranteed.

Had some amazing kos but left the sport and got embarrassed before he reached significant star power.

Side show attraction that left before he could establish any kind of legacy.

Basic fighter but with a lot of power.
Usually its not enough to get by, but this is the HW division we are talking about.

Aspinall would wreck him.

Just like GSP, he came, he conquered, he gave uncle Dana the middle finger and left on his own terms.

Winning his gamble and getting that big Fury money is the slap to the face that asshole Dana needed.

I admire Ngannou for that

I imagine if Francis stayed behind he would have fought Jon Jones, another rematch with Stipe, and a couple of other fights in the division. But would all of these things propel him to that legendary status? I'm going to have to say no.

Had Francis steamrolled Jones, fans would rightfully question Jons ability at HW. Another rematch with Stipe adds almost nothing to his legacy. Have we forgotten about Gane? It's up the UFC's playbook to make that rematch too

Jon Jones was basically it for Francis. After that fight they were no other hill to climb.
This is not true at all. If Francis stayed and beat Jones, like it or not, Jones is the most accomplished UFC fighter of all time and that would had been his real first loss. Then he would had faced Gane mid year instead of Gane Vs Spivak. If he had won that one, then he would have tied Stipe for his title defenses (literally the "only" thing people use to claim that guy is the GOAT because if compare who he actually beat, he is not above the rest) and now at the end of the year he would have the trilogy with Stipe and winning that would give him the record of title defenses with 4 making him the UFC HW GOAT based on the people that are claiming Stipe is with just 3 defenses.

Francis left his legacy as a possible HW GOAT when he left the UFC. Of course this is assuming that he would beat Jones (whcih he opened as underdog), then Gane (which he had to lay and pray the last 3 rounds after getting outclassed on the feet in the first 2 rounds) and finally Stipe (who he already lost to). Fury was the safest bet, he can get knocked out in 1 round and he still gets 10 million. Money over legacy

That 8 million number its an estimate imo, purse of 2-3 Million, so he becomes the "highest paid HW", above Lesnar who got 2million vs Hunt, and then the rest in PPV, im sure it never was 8 million guaranteed.

no even the coach is literally saying 8 million for jones fight.

The narrative is twisted.

200w.gif

He's in that group of HW legends who have cases to be the GOAT but won't be considered as such by a majority of people. But theres no HWs clearly above him.

The most positive part of his legacy is that he was never finished in a division where everyone gets finished. That feat really stands out. If he'd fought Jones that most likely would have changed so his move was probably right for his legacy. While most people know Jones would have probably beaten Hendo(example) the fact the fight never happened gives him an edge over the people who did fight him and got their cheeks clapped(DC and probably Stipe). Whether thats fair or not thats the truth.

In a division where legends reguarly fight into their 40s outpointing Gane on a bum knee is about as good an ending as any HW legend has gotten tbh.

Fedor is clearly above him.

Back