What is next for WBC World Heavyweight Champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder?

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
WBC World Heavyweight Champion Deontay Wilder 33-0 (32 KO's), 29, a chiseled 6-foot-7 fighter from Tuscaloosa, Ala., rates among the best young heavyweights in the world. He is coming off a unanimous decision victory over former heavyweight titlist Bermane Stiverne.

Wilder: "I don't want anyone to doubt me anymore."

Deontay Wilder: "I'm so happy to bring this belt back to America officially. I've got some of the best fans in the world."

Wilder: "I think I answered a lot of questions tonight. I already knew I could go 12 hard rounds and take a punch. I'm just excited."

deontay-wilder.jpg

54bb4f8061819.image.jpg

Wilder is the proud owner of a world heavyweight title courtesy of a superb performance in a one-sided decision victory against Bermane Stiverne on Saturday night before 8,454 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Wilder was in total control for most of the fight, winning 120-107, 119-108 and 118-109 as he went past four rounds for the first time in his career in a fight almost everybody was sure would end in a knockout.

It might not have ended in a knockout, but Wilder, a 2008 U.S. Olympic bronze medalist and the last American male boxer to medal in the Olympics, won decisively. In doing so he brought a heavyweight world title back to the United States for the first time since Shannon Briggs in 2006 -- and on Muhammad Ali's 73rd birthday, no less.

Read more:http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...come-first-american-heavyweight-champion-2006

[YT]jgucVcmP1JI[/YT]

What is next for him?

Last edited:
Wilder vs Fury

Wilder vs Tony Thompson

Wilder vs Arreola

Also he should try to jump on the Mythical Pac and Money fight card to give the world maximum exposure to the first American HW champ in years

Jennings probably will decide to fight Wilder instead of Wlad.

Also he should try to jump on the Mythical Pac and Money fight card to give the world maximum exposure to the first American HW champ in years

I like this idea.

i said nbc on nbc card no way u put this kid near wlad build him up to be a star

but i wanna see wilder vs fury in manchester stadium

or in vegas bring the crazy irish crowd

make sure to sign tht automatic rematch clause i was impressed with some stuff wilder did but idk how but my confidence actually dropped on him

How about Andy Ruiz Jr. ?

Bob Arum and Al Haymon don't mix in this situation. Ruiz is a Top Rank fighter, if I'm not mistaken. Jennings or Fury seems more likely.

I don't blame Bryant for cashing in. He'll still be a top HW when Wlad retires.

If Fury's uncle can stay healthy I'd love to see what he can offer Wilder. I'd order that on PPV actually

Imagine if Jennings beats Wlad- a fight versus Deontay could be huge. I'd imagine Wlad has it written into his contract that he gets immediate rematch, and then if that fails- Vitali probably has the option to comes out of retirement again.

Imagine if Jennings beats Wlad- a fight versus Deontay could be huge. I'd imagine Wlad has it written into his contract that he gets immediate rematch, and then if that fails- Vitali probably has the option to comes out of retirement again.

That would be a bigger upset that when Brewster and Sanders KOed Wlad since those 2 had a good number of KOs on their record. If Jennings beats him it will be a straight boxing clinic by him

Back