What is next for WBC World Heavyweight Champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder?

After Klitschko he has Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Joseph Parker, Hughie Fury, Andy Ruiz, Dominic Braezeale, Robert Helenius.

There are all kind of opportunities for him....He could announce that for his next six fights that he will only pick undefeated opponents, that he would fight on every continent, that he is joining the huge global movement to eliminate poverty and hunger and dedicating a portion of his purses to that cause.....From a marketing perspective he has a huge upside and become high profile. Then the competitors will naturally follow along.

I remember hearing rumors that Wilder would be fighting Povetkin. Is that still a possibility?

I remember hearing rumors that Wilder would be fighting Povetkin. Is that still a possibility?

I hope so but where would the fight take place? Povetkin has never fought in the U.S. and I really don't know if Wilder is willing to go to Russia to face a dangerous opponent like Povetkin.

I hope so but where would the fight take place? Povetkin has never fought in the U.S. and I really don't know if Wilder is willing to go to Russia to face a dangerous opponent like Povetkin.

I dont think that would really be a problem for pro fighters. Worse case scenario they could do England as a sort of middle ground.

Povetkin is mandatory for Wilder. But I think frankly the WBC would prefer Povetkin come to the US for this fight. Besides everyone stands to make a lot more money in Vegas than Moscow

Back