1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

What is next for WBC World Heavyweight Champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Frank23, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Frank23 Enter Sandman Belt Platinum Member

2. actjac Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh

After Klitschko he has Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Joseph Parker, Hughie Fury, Andy Ruiz, Dominic Braezeale, Robert Helenius.

There are all kind of opportunities for him....He could announce that for his next six fights that he will only pick undefeated opponents, that he would fight on every continent, that he is joining the huge global movement to eliminate poverty and hunger and dedicating a portion of his purses to that cause.....From a marketing perspective he has a huge upside and become high profile. Then the competitors will naturally follow along.

3. SuperLuigi Red Belt

I remember hearing rumors that Wilder would be fighting Povetkin. Is that still a possibility?

4. GhostBlade Brown Belt

I hope so but where would the fight take place? Povetkin has never fought in the U.S. and I really don't know if Wilder is willing to go to Russia to face a dangerous opponent like Povetkin.

5. SuperLuigi Red Belt

I dont think that would really be a problem for pro fighters. Worse case scenario they could do England as a sort of middle ground.

6. BWC Purple Belt

Povetkin is mandatory for Wilder. But I think frankly the WBC would prefer Povetkin come to the US for this fight. Besides everyone stands to make a lot more money in Vegas than Moscow