What is functional Strength ?

Pretty decent troll gig. Not the best we've seen but far from the worst.

Also, nothing beats farm strength. Duh

I'm 5'8" and walk around at 185lbs. I'm just a dumb powerlifter, which of course means I'm not a fighter, right? Consider me "untrained" then. I'm in the Duluth, MN area.

I just had my first coffee, two at once, of the day, nightshifter slept all day, now I´m not cranky and offer you my friendship.

Bless

btw you are from Nelly town ? That was my first HipHop cd Country Gramar.

Good mood, coffee endorphines from breaking my coffein withdrawl. I take like the equivalent of 4 cups everyday.

Functional strength would be the result of training your whole body to work as one. Versus focusing on individual body parts and ignoring others.

No literally that is compound vs isolation training. The word functional doesn´t mean that

lol let´s admit it guys, functional means yo I´m a strength lifter on sherdog and hate bodybuilding cause I´m a tough guy I post on fighting forums ho ho functional deadlift hoho I´m badass. XD

That was my intent all day long, not gonna front, got my ass virtually kicked in many years ago by anti-bodybuilding pro powerlifting guys on here, never got over it.

Admit it you guys are or are influenced by sherbro powerlifters, or lifters who do the big 3 cause it´s popular on sherdog and say bodybuilding is gay and think you are beasts with the fists.

I need to totally get over it. Like literally the only thing that haunted me online, never got over it, like 10 years later.

I just had my first coffee, two at once, of the day, nightshifter slept all day, now I´m not cranky and offer you my friendship.

Bless

btw you are from Nelly town ? That was my first HipHop cd Country Gramar.

Good mood, coffee endorphines from breaking my coffein withdrawl. I take like the equivalent of 4 cups everyday.
Nelly's from Texas isn't he? That's where I vacation when I get tired of the cold.

Yeah I figured we were essentially on the same page. I just watched a Stan Efferding rant on YT and he mentioned the same kind of thing that bugs me in strength and conditioning talk -- the rebranding of old tired terms and protocols to make them sound new and cutting edge.

"Functional strength" doesn't mean more or better than "strength." People who want to be better at an athletic pursuit just need to get strong. Not some fanciful flavor of strong.

Am I the only one who feels this forum is split between general fitness, mma fitness (or it´s compound sports like bjj) and a big fraction of powerlifters and people who train like them cause it´s socially accepted here yet they don´t even dream of being powerlifters.

I love powerlifting btw, I don´t do isolation besides I did leg isolation cause my lower back and knees didn´t feel right that day.

I love what is described as functional excercises, dumbells, pushing weight rack runing forward, roope shit like waves and pulling or ruining with it, these heavy balls you throw. And I like compound over isolation, bench press, squat, overhead row, though I do biceps with dumbels too, it´s a free weight.

And the guys acting like they are having hard workouts doing these cabel pulls for triceps ect and hearing them say they´ve been lifting for 6 years, like they´re proud, and be totally weak, I see that, but I´m about my own business.

No literally that is compound vs isolation training. The word functional doesn´t mean that

lol let´s admit it guys, functional means yo I´m a strength lifter on sherdog and hate bodybuilding cause I´m a tough guy I post on fighting forums ho ho functional deadlift hoho I´m badass. XD

That was my intent all day long, not gonna front, got my ass virtually kicked in many years ago by anti-bodybuilding pro powerlifting guys on here, never got over it.

Admit it you guys are or are influenced by sherbro powerlifters, or lifters who do the big 3 cause it´s popular on sherdog and say bodybuilding is gay and think you are beasts with the fists.

I need to totally get over it. Like literally the only thing that haunted me online, never got over it, like 10 years later.
Shoot, I do stuff with a swiss ball, a bosu ball, hit a tire and use light weight. So I basically don't even lift. But I still will post here. Don't let some of the angry sherbros get to you. Not all are bad. There are some good Sherbros here. Though this was maybe the most unfriendly forum I've ever seen in my life.

Nelly's from Texas isn't he? That's where I vacation when I get tired of the cold.

Yeah I figured we were essentially on the same page. I just watched a Stan Efferding rant on YT and he mentioned the same kind of thing that bugs me in strength and conditioning talk -- the rebranding of old tired terms and protocols to make them sound new and cutting edge.

"Functional strength" doesn't mean more or better than "strength." People who want to be better at an athletic pursuit just need to get strong. Not some fanciful flavor of strong.

Nelly is from Saint Loui, his cover art of the Debut LP has that famous "thing" in the background and he has songs bout St Loui. His crew is St. Lunatics.

We are on the same page, generally, actually what is called functional training is what I love doing.

No I don´t agree that people just want to be strong, some want to be ripped - you need to get strong for that. Some want to just get tonned and a lose weight - strength helps but can be achieved with cardio, or playing a sport and diet changes.

I do wanna get strong

Nelly is from Saint Loui, his cover art of the Debut LP has that famous "thing" in the background and he has songs bout St Loui. His crew is St. Lunatics.

We are on the same page, generally, actually what is called functional training is what I love doing.

No I don´t agree that people just want to be strong, some want to be ripped - you need to get strong for that. Some want to just get tonned and a lose weight - strength helps but can be achieved with cardio, or playing a sport and diet changes.

I do wanna get strong

Ripped is another thing entirely. That's just diet. Iggy Pop doesn't deadlift.

Shoot, I do stuff with a swiss ball, a bosu ball, hit a tire and use light weight. So I basically don't even lift. But I still will post here. Don't let some of the angry sherbros get to you. Not all are bad. There are some good Sherbros here. Though this was maybe the most unfriendly forum I've ever seen in my life.

I´ve been on sherdog everyday since I was 18, now I´m 29.5. Finally I´m not retarded enough to get banned or get mad and spass or post too much then get burned out and delete myself.

Thus far everyone was nice. Obviously the Heavies are attention whoring teenagers talking their idols.

But the powerlifters kinda got to me, maybe it´s my fault. Not all just some. It´s like is this a mma forum or a powerlifting forums, why are you powerlifters so dominant in here.

Ripped is another thing entirely. That's just diet. Iggy Pop doesn't deadlift.

he got no muscle, looks like a boy. Ripped as in low fat and considerable muscle mass.

Iggy is just low fat.

Btw what is your ethnicity ?

yes I asked that lulz

I´ve been on sherdog everyday since I was 18, now I´m 29.5. Finally I´m not retarded enough to get banned or get mad and spass or post too much then get burned out and delete myself.

Thus far everyone was nice. Obviously the Heavies are attention whoring teenagers talking their idols.

But the powerlifters kinda got to me, maybe it´s my fault. Not all just some. It´s like is this a mma forum or a powerlifting forums, why are you powerlifters so dominant in here.
I think there are a lot of wrestlers in mma. So powerlifting is popular with American wrestlers.

It's not as popular with boxers.

But it did sort of turn into a cult of powerlifting in here. And it would get pretty venomous here if you didn't follow that line.

he got no muscle, looks like a boy. Ripped as in low fat and considerable muscle mass.

Iggy is just low fat.

Btw what is your ethnicity ?

yes I asked that lulz

White -- Scandinavian.

This forum used to be called S&P -- Strength and Power. It's cool to be strong. And fairly easy, really. I may never dunk a basketball or swim fast or hit a 100mph fastball but I can make myself way, way stronger than I was. Anyone can. It's accessible. Easier than being "ripped." I like food.

I think there are a lot of wrestlers in mma. So powerlifting is popular with American wrestlers.

But it did sort of turn into a cult of powerlifting in here. And it would get pretty venomous here if you didn't follow that line.

exactly exactly exacty

I never felt that was righteous, it´s a mma forum not a powerlifting forum

Also wrestlers are different, here posters literally do powerlifting, the whole eat more do starting strength philosophy.

We can't all be the type that think that pushups are strenuous.

And a lot of posters just follow it not knowing they do straight up powerlifitng and call it "I wanna get strong"

We can't all be the type that think that pushups are strenuous.

pushups ARE strenous, huh, I weigh 106 kg. I do a nice set of 10 when I´m tired or 20 fresh, but all the way down straight back. Good excercise, bodyweight excercises are good for you and for martial arts.

White -- Scandinavian.

This forum used to be called S&P -- Strength and Power. It's cool to be strong. And fairly easy, really. I may never dunk a basketball or swim fast or hit a 100mph fastball but I can make myself way, way stronger than I was. Anyone can. It's accessible. Easier than being "ripped." I like food.

you can eat lots food and still be ripped

and you can have your own goals

pushups ARE strenous, huh, I weigh 106 kg. I do a nice set of 10 when I´m tired or 20 fresh, but all the way down straight back. Good excercise, bodyweight excercises are good for you and for martial arts.

Dude, do what you can, I'm all for it. Better than sitting on the couch.

Back