What if Ronda Rousey reacted to her loss the way McGregor did to Diaz?

Nah i'm not a racist. I just wanted to hear if you were a McGregor fan since hes using racist slurs against every single one of his opponents, german/brazilian/mexican/whatever

Those are nationalities. I'm no McGregor fan, but try to make the distinction. Offensive? Sure. Racist? Doesn't meet the criteria.

Those are nationalities. I'm no McGregor fan, but try to make the distinction. Offensive? Sure. Racist? Doesn't meet the criteria.
Cracker is a derogatory term used to describe white people in poor rural area in the United states, mick is a detonatory term for Irish people.

I'll be honest, I was a fan of Ronda Rousey up until the way she acted on the weigh-in stage to Holly Holm. It was bizarre and she sounded like a complete fool.

What if Ronda Rousey accepted the loss and congratulated Holm either at the post-fight press conference or in the octagon after the fight? I for one would have respected that and that whole weigh-in fiasco would have been put to bed.

She didn't and proceeded to hide for months. I for one would like to see Ronda back, but if fighting in CO-MAIN or MAIN EVENT in NYC @ Madison Sq. Garden doesn't get her motivated to come back, then I don't think anything will.

p.s. She doesn't need my respect nor do I give a shit, but I'm just wondering how you guys would view her?

The US media are fucking relentless - I wouldn't blame her for laying low for a while.

I think the difference with Rousey and Conor is, Rousey I think believed she couldn't be beat, where Conor has that bit more experience around MMA circles and knew that the possibility of losing again was more than likely going to happen the longer he fought.

I thought the whole arriving at the airport with the pillow over her face was the usual American, over the top dramatization. But her jaw was probably mangled and she didn't want anyone taking pictures of her.

I think Dana and Rogan especially built her up for a big fall before she lost. Dana saying 'she's the best athlete I've ever worked with' translated to me as 'I snap my fingers and she does what I ask of her. The media she done before the Holm fight was ridiculous, and I agree that weigh in was a bit weird. When she was doing the interview after the weigh in she was slurring her words and almost sounded incoherent.

Her having buddies in Holywood and the millions of followers they have on social media is obviously beneficial when they Tweet, Snaptwat or whatever they use to let their followers know she's fighting which gives the UFC more exposure and probably a few extra PPV buy$ - I'm sure Dana is loving that.

I'd never stay up for a Rousey fight or many fighters for that matter. Squashing her opponents and then hitting the hay at 6am is just not going to happen. I enjoy watching her doing submission drills with her coach at the workouts rather than her actual fights.

Nah i'm not a racist. I just wanted to hear if you were a McGregor fan since hes using racist slurs against every single one of his opponents, german/brazilian/mexican/whatever

Haha. Go on, list them....

But then we wouldn't have face-pillow Ronda. She's my favorite.

I'll be honest, I was a fan of Ronda Rousey up until the way she acted on the weigh-in stage to Holly Holm. It was bizarre and she sounded like a complete fool.

What if Ronda Rousey accepted the loss and congratulated Holm either at the post-fight press conference or in the octagon after the fight? I for one would have respected that and that whole weigh-in fiasco would have been put to bed.

She didn't and proceeded to hide for months. I for one would like to see Ronda back, but if fighting in CO-MAIN or MAIN EVENT in NYC @ Madison Sq. Garden doesn't get her motivated to come back, then I don't think anything will.

p.s. She doesn't need my respect nor do I give a shit, but I'm just wondering how you guys would view her?
Totally agree. I'm not the biggest McGregor fan, but the way he handled the Diaz loss was impressive. It was kinda like a,"ah fuck it, I loss. Oh, well, I'll be back". Which as a man of Irish heritage, McGregor's attitude after the loss totally exemplifies the Irish to me. Shoot for the stars, you miss, fuck it, nobodies perfect.

Rousey hiding after her loss, just showed how much she cared about image, what a spoiled brat she was, and it just made me wonder why she fought in the first place.

Seeing how McGregor loss made me a fan of his.

Seeing how Rousey loss, made me not a fan of hers.

Lol at people saying Ronda handled the loss better.

Ronda was going to kill herself and only Travis Browne's babies saved her.

Ronda ate herself into a blimp.

Ronda has went from one of the most active fighters in the media to a fat hermit who is seen more at Starbucks than any type of media obligation.

Ronda tells reporters not to ask her about fighting or Holly during interviews.

Ronda is terrified to even say Holly's name and would never fight her again in a million years.

And finally, Ronda is fat and retired.

Meanwhile Conor is about to have an immediate rematch with the dude who just derailed his hype train. His trash talk to hype the fight is no where near as bad of a reaction as getting obese and quitting fighting.

Cracker is a derogatory term used to describe white people in poor rural area in the United states, mick is a detonatory term for Irish people.
I always thought it had to do with cracking a whip, oh well. The white people part is going after someone's race, Irish people can be any race, same with Americans, Mexicans, Brazilians, etc.

How did Ronda handle the loss worse than Conor? Has she made a single excuse or said a bad word about Holly since?

She went into Mugabe Media Lockdown. McGregor faced it. Interview. Press conference.

She went into Mugabe Media Lockdown. McGregor faced it. Interview. Press conference.
Well to be fair she had to go to the hospital for a broken jaw, don't really think she could go to the press conference or speak for that matter.

Well to be fair she had to go to the hospital for a broken jaw, don't really think she could go to the press conference or speak for that matter.

She shut the media off for quite awhile. And her talk of suicide shows how badly she handled the loss.

She shut the media off for quite awhile. And her talk of suicide shows how badly she handled the loss.
That's completely different than being humble or having sportsmanship. If you're saying it upset her more then I would agree. If you think she acted in a way that made her look worse than Conor I would disagree.

That's completely different than being humble or having sportsmanship. If you're saying it upset her more then I would agree. If you think she acted in a way that made her look worse than Conor I would disagree.

It's not so much bad sportsmanship but a poor mental state. She should have wanted to get back in their with Holly ASAP like Conor with Nate.

She didn't react like a champion should, treated it like the end of the world.

Just about any reaction would have been better than hiding behind a pillow.

It's not so much bad sportsmanship but a poor mental state. She should have wanted to get back in their with Holly ASAP like Conor with Nate.

She didn't react like a champion should, treated it like the end of the world.
It's pretty easy to judge someone you've never met and project onto them how you want them to act. She should have wanted to get back in there? Why? Says who? Human beings are different and react to things in a variety of ways. Reacting like a champion is some trite saying that doesn't mean much. She reacted like a human being.

It's pretty easy to judge someone you've never met and project onto them how you want them to act. She should have wanted to get back in there? Why? Says who? Human beings are different and react to things in a variety of ways. Reacting like a champion is some trite saying that doesn't mean much. She reacted like a human being.

Because that's what a true fighter does, she showed she isn't one, she was a front runner.

It's easy when you're winning, the true test of character is when you face adversity.

Because that's what a true fighter does, she showed she isn't one, she was a front runner.

It's easy when you're winning, the true test of character is when you face adversity.
I don't think either of us count as 'true fighters' compared to a long reigning UFC champ who cleaned out her division. I think I'll let her decide what makes her a champion, not sherdog.

I don't think either of us count as 'true fighters' compared to a long reigning UFC champ who cleaned out her division. I think I'll let her decide what makes her a champion, not sherdog.

It's not sherdog, it's a common perception.

Ronda has a lot of little girls looking up to her, it was her responsibility to show them hot to handle adversity. She failed.

She seems to have finally got her head around it though going by the Reebok perfect promo.

Back