What if Ronda Rousey reacted to her loss the way McGregor did to Diaz?

Those are nationalities. I'm no McGregor fan, but try to make the distinction. Offensive? Sure. Racist? Doesn't meet the criteria.
I dislike this argument immensely.

Making vast paintbrush assumptions about people by way of: race,nationality, gender, occupation, religion, etc. Is all exactly the same reductionist thinking, and has the same symptoms and the same results.

Not to mention that once we get outside of North America, many of those countries are info populated by a common, dominant genetic strand, or race.

I dislike this argument immensely.

Making vast paintbrush assumptions about people by way of: race,nationality, gender, occupation, religion, etc. Is all exactly the same reductionist thinking, and has the same symptoms and the same results.

Not to mention that once we get outside of North America, many of those countries are info populated by a common, dominant genetic strand, or race.
You don't have to like it, but it's true. If you want to label it reductionist thinking, that's fine. You just don't get to redefine what racism is because some Irish dude got your panties in a bunch.

How did Ronda handle the loss worse than Conor? Has she made a single excuse or said a bad word about Holly since?
Well she pressed Paige VanZant for her congratulating Holly Holm on her victory. Shes too embarrassed to speak on Holly Holm, because she has nothing good to say, which is mature but still ideal of a fight champion.

I think you have mistaken me for another poster. My panties are always well starched and pressed.

You are arguing semantics in order to defeat his argument. It's not working.

conor handled the loss very well, and has gone after a rematch even to the detriment of his own career.

rhonda needed to get over herself and take the loss and move on and try to win again.

Conor, even immediate post fight has a pretty honest view of what happened

And then he switched his story and is now saying Nate was lucky. Thats even worse than hiding like Ronda.

I did a little touching up on your post and fixed it for ya. Hope ya don't mind.......... Or maybe I just don't give a shit.

Lol.......

It doesn't matter if he gets revenge or not as long as he's out seeking it.

Not thinking about ending it all.

what kind of contrition would you have wanted? give an example that makes sense following a loss.
She could have congratulated Holly, wished her well and said she'd be back. Pretty easy and obvious really. But she hid under a pillow, ballooned and disappeared. That pretty much made her look even more despicable after her previous behaviour.

She could have congratulated Holly, wished her well and said she'd be back. Pretty easy and obvious really. But she hid under a pillow, ballooned and disappeared. That pretty much made her look even more despicable after her previous behaviour.

did aldo congratulate conor and wish him well? did weidman congratulate luke and wish him well? did luke do that to bisping? she disappeared but gave interviews, disappeared but was on snl, ellen, espn. in january she told espn fighting holly was all she wanted to do. in december she said "I need to come back. I need to beat this chick." but whatever. you'll tailor your standards based on how you feel about her.

Whaaa? They pretty much handled it the same...

1. Talked lots of shit
2. Got beat
3. Went into hiding
4. Talked more shit

Mcgregor always knew he can lose. Ronda never had any idea it was possible. That really fucked her up. It's no wonder she's a mental case with a mother like that. People are too hard on her. I know she is annoying but meh.

You mean if she came out and spewed bullshit all over the place? "I was killing Holly, dribbling her head like a basketball. The first round was the easiest round of my life. She had nothing for me. I was killing her. She was dead. One more punch and she dies." ....? I imagine she'd be ate alive.

I'll be honest, I was a fan of Ronda Rousey up until the way she acted on the weigh-in stage to Holly Holm. It was bizarre and she sounded like a complete fool.

What if Ronda Rousey accepted the loss and congratulated Holm either at the post-fight press conference or in the octagon after the fight? I for one would have respected that and that whole weigh-in fiasco would have been put to bed.

She didn't and proceeded to hide for months. I for one would like to see Ronda back, but if fighting in CO-MAIN or MAIN EVENT in NYC @ Madison Sq. Garden doesn't get her motivated to come back, then I don't think anything will.

p.s. She doesn't need my respect nor do I give a shit, but I'm just wondering how you guys would view her?
I was a fan of hers until she showed her true colors and ran and hid like a little bitch after she lost..... and to this very day I can't believe she's still out hiding. I hope she gets decimated when she comes back but she probably won't because she's scared to lose again aka I have lost all respect for her.

And now that she has coupled her money with Travis along with the money from movies and magazines she's probably not coming back.
She was nowhere near the person I thought she was.
She has turned into a do-nothing bitch complete hypocrite.

It's not so much bad sportsmanship but a poor mental state. She should have wanted to get back in their with Holly ASAP like Conor with Nate.

She didn't react like a champion should, treated it like the end of the world.
fedor took 8 months off after werdum. talked retirement. aa and cro cop had suicidal thoughts. people don't handle things the same. and people have different mental makeups to begin with. yes, some handle things better.

I was a fan of hers until she showed her true colors and ran and hid like a little bitch after she lost..... and to this very day I can't believe she's still out hiding. I hope she gets decimated when she comes back but she probably won't because she's scared to lose again aka I have lost all respect for her.

And now that she has coupled her money with Travis along with the money from movies and magazines she's probably not coming back.
She was nowhere near the person I thought she was.
She has turned into a do-nothing bitch complete hypocrite.
what does out hiding mean? she did interviews in dec and jan. she was on snl and ellen and is in the media doing commercials.

fedor took 8 months off after werdum. talked retirement. aa and cro cop had suicidal thoughts. people don't handle things the same. and people have different mental makeups to begin with. yes, some handle things better.

Didn't Fedor come out and say "The one who never falls never truly stands up"?

Conor went up to challenge himself. He is still the top FW.

Ronda ducks Cyborg and lost to a 1-dimensional fighter in her division.

What's with this myth that Conor was "humble in defeat"? He brought up more excuses than Weidman, Hendricks and Nogueira put together.

Imagine Ronda bringing up the excuses that McGregor did after her fight with Holm

"The first six minutes of the fight were easy; let's be honest I slapped the head off her. Once the gas tank went, that was it. I drowned. She landed that one kick that rang the bell and went, [gasp,] I'm back. She was close to being done. One or two more shots and she would have been wrapped up."

"I fought the bigger girl. The girl got lucky. She won the lotto. In the stand up she was controlled."

Didn't Fedor come out and say "The one who never falls never truly stands up"?

and ronda said "I need to come back. I need to beat this chick. Who knows if I'm going to pop my teeth out or break my jaw or rip my lip open. I have to fucking do it." and other shit. fedor didn't get right back in the cage like people are saying "real" champs do. and of course he's not the only example.

what does out hiding mean? she did interviews in dec and jan. she was on snl and ellen and is in the media doing commercials.
I understand that she has done a few appearances that I can count on one hand, I'm talking about disappeared from the MMA scene. She didn't even go to the post conference. At least Conor and Miesha had the balls to show up.

Back