International What happened to this Democrat party?

My thoughts are that Mitt is thinking, "I can't believe we've gotten to a place in America where this :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: can sit across from me, in public, no less, and speak with such disrespect."
hot damn

Mitt never struck me as a racist, though.

fkn lol .. democrats wouldn't give a shit about 'russian interference in the election' had hillary won .. it'd be water under the bridge .. maybe they'd talk about it and put on some sanctions but that's it .. it wouldn't have turned into this .. they 'care' about it because trump won, that's all

what happened to the democrats .. they got spoiled having the white house for 8 yrs and freaked out when they lost it I guess

We've also got the Lesbian dentist cartel making sure right wingers stink up the room with rotten teeth because I ain't havin' some les go in my mouth!

I'm not familiar with the research you're alluding to. But perceived centrism is one of the few things that we know to be an advantage in elections. Also note that 2016 was a favorable year for Republicans and that Trump underperformed down-ballot Republicans (and lost the popular vote, even with the Comey boost).

If you can't use your brain to imagine a handful of situations in which being a centrist candidate would give you a disadvantage against a more radical candidate, I don't know what to tell you. Let me give you a hint: imagine 100% of the population became radical leftist overnight. It is trivial to note that a radical leftist candidate would beat a centrist candidate in an election. Now you can see that the plausibility of a radical candidate beating a centrist is partially a function of how radical the underlying population is. Hence, there is no law that mandates a centrist candidate is superior. This is contingent on the bulk of the population holding what are known as centrist views, but this need not always be the case. If you believe in a Median Voter Theorem kind of world, if the median voter becomes more radical, it pays to run as a radical candidate.

Voters preferred Clinton to Bernie by a pretty large margin.

The RCP popular vote total was 15,805,136 Clinton to 12,029,699 Sanders. She had 2205 delegates (not including super-delegates) to Sanders' 1846. Not a small margin, but not exactly a mandate for Hillary. You could look at what I'm suggesting in 1 of 2 ways. Either 1) Hillary failed to move to the left to capture voters who needed someone to speak to economic concerns or 2) party elites favored Hillary over Bernie, possibly costing the Democrats the general election against Trump.

But let's remember why we're talking about this. The question posted by the OP is essentially, why did the Democrats become the party of Russiagate and anti-Russian sentiment? My answer is that 1) emphasis on Russiagate is a political ploy to hamstring Trump and 2) at the time of the Russiagate narrative, the election meddling / Russian interference was one of the reasons given for Hillary losing - I'm saying Russiagate is a much more politically convenient narrative for losing, rather than admit that Hillary just missed her opportunity to speak to the economic concerns of the nation by being a centrist instead of moving to the left.

It seems strange for you to assert that Democrats would be harping on and on about Russiagate if Trump had lost, if that's what you're saying. You really want us to believe that the Democrats would spend so much time in session and in the news talking about Russia and Trump if Hillary were in office? That's kind of a weird position to hold. Note, I'm not saying there wouldn't have been an investigation as you seemed to misread, I'm saying the Democrats would not have made this into such a big deal had they won - primarily because there is little benefit from beating a dead horse.

Notice how, after the Mueller report was a nothingburger, they moved on to the next scandal. Disrupting the Trump presidency is a high priority for them.

Last edited:
Holy shit I think we're onto something here.

What would be the main obstacle for democrats putting UHC in place?
CNN and the people who control the narrative. Average folks that lucked into too much money who meet at clubs to decide what makes them a little more while screwing everybody else. The establishment politicians and talking heads that do their bidding on both sides. The pro-democrat media (along with faux) that states the need for a more corporatist candidate to "have a chance" when that isn't true and is just propaganda. It's the social stuff that the media has pushed that makes people not like Bernie more than anything, for example.

lol at the Russiagate holdouts. You still have no clue why America voted in Donald Trump and, chances are, you'll never understand. The current Democratic party is not the same one I believed I belonged to years ago. It's gone off the deep end has embraced SJW culture and identity politics to an extreme degree, and it's ruining some of the best parts of American culture.

When Congress last addressed this issue comprehensively in 1986, there were approximately four million illegal immigrants living here. [In December 2005], it is estimated there are more than 11 million. We are a generous and welcoming people, but those who enter our country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law. And because we live in an age where terrorists are challenging our borders, we simply cannot allow people to pour into the U.S. undetected, undocumented and unchecked. Americans are right to demand better border security and better enforcement of the immigration laws.

To begin with, the agencies charged with border security require new technology, new facilities and more people to stop, process and deport illegal immigrants. But while security might start at our borders, it doesn’t end there. Millions of illegal immigrants live and work here without our knowing their identity or background. That’s why we need a guest-worker program to replace the flood of illegals with a regulated stream of legals who enter the U.S. after checks and with access to labor rights. This would enhance our security, raise wages and improve working conditions for all Americans.

American employers also need to take responsibility. Too often illegal immigrants are lured here with the promise of a job, only to receive unconscionably low wages. In the interest of cheap labor, unscrupulous employers look the other way when employees provide fraudulent U.S. citizenship documents. These acts hurt both American workers and immigrants whose sole aim is to work hard and get ahead. That’s why we need a simple, foolproof and mandatory mechanism for all employers to check the legal status of new hires.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB113461703274523154

TDS happened. Many people are affected by the disease. A couple of posters here have a serious case.

I think the whole American political system is fucked compared to having a parliamentary system like Australia, Britain, NZ. The Democrats are a joke of a party.
They are one of the two major parties in the country yet all they do is divide the country, they literally don't seem to care about Americans either. However they do really care about poor brown people who aren't even in the country as yet,[but they will be] possible future Democrat voters, they are a disgrace.
So many of them are literally obsessed with Trump, they really do have mental health issues, a mass derangement syndrome. They won't truly accept they lost the unlosable election, so they won't give loser's consent.[just like the politicians in UK with Brexit.]

The Adam Shiff show that is happening at the moment is nothing but more than childish theatre.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
It was Hillary's turn & the Donald wrecked everything. It was going to be bad with the globalists pushing their agenda down everyone's throat but this magnified the bitterness & hatred.
*the term woman is used loosely here as I don't know what Clinton identifies as or if it's even part of the human species.

But those are multi-national corporations.

Unfortunately, the supreme court has ruled on a few occasions that certain constitutional rights extend to corporations. Those corporations may be multi-national, but they're headquartered and operated by Americans.

I think the whole American political system is fucked compared to having a parliamentary system like Australia, Britain, NZ. The Democrats are a joke of a party.
They are one of the two major parties in the country yet all they do is divide the country, they literally don't seem to care about Americans either. However they do really care about poor brown people who aren't even in the country as yet,[but they will be] possible future Democrat voters, they are a disgrace.
So many of them are literally obsessed with Trump, they really do have mental health issues, a mass derangement syndrome. They won't truly accept they lost the unlosable election, so they won't give loser's consent.[just like the politicians in UK with Brexit.]

The Adam Shiff show that is happening at the moment is nothing but more than childish theatre.

Yeah, no...the Republican party would never engage in divisive politics.

You're Australian, we don't give a fuck about your optics of our domestic politics.

lol at the Russiagate holdouts. You still have no clue why America voted in Donald Trump and, chances are, you'll never understand. The current Democratic party is not the same one I believed I belonged to years ago. It's gone off the deep end has embraced SJW culture and identity politics to an extreme degree, and it's ruining some of the best parts of American culture.

"We" voted for Trump because the working blue-class thought he would reverse their fading economic prospects in an economy that is increasingly moving towards a skill-based service economy. "You" foolishly believed a fundamentally corrupt human being would somehow clean up corruption when all he's doing is introducing his own brand of corruption.

I also forgot about your hatred for brown people. He played up to that, as well.

Last edited:
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
It was Hillary's turn & the Donald wrecked everything. It was going to be bad with the globalists pushing their agenda down everyone's throat but this magnified the bitterness & hatred.
*the term woman is used loosely here as I don't know what Clinton identifies as or if it's even part of the human species.
Nephilian Demi-Reptiloid.

They simply couldn’t accept the results of 2016 election as they were 1000% certain they’re were gonna win

so instead of admitting that they messed up n: try to push a horrible candidate, got too “woke”, n neglected half of the country

they double down in their nonsense n looked for any excuse why they couldn’t beat a b list celebrity

If you can't use your brain to imagine a handful of situations in which being a centrist candidate would give you a disadvantage against a more radical candidate, I don't know what to tell you. Let me give you a hint: imagine 100% of the population became radical leftist overnight. It is trivial to note that a radical leftist candidate would beat a centrist candidate in an election.

:) "Centrism" is defined relative to the electorate.

The RCP popular vote total was 15,805,136 Clinton to 12,029,699 Sanders. She had 2205 delegates (not including super-delegates) to Sanders' 1846. Not a small margin, but not exactly a mandate for Hillary. You could look at what I'm suggesting in 1 of 2 ways. Either 1) Hillary failed to move to the left to capture voters who needed someone to speak to economic concerns or 2) party elites favored Hillary over Bernie, possibly costing the Democrats the general election against Trump.

I look at what you're saying as simply wrong, and disproven by the numbers you cited. You're essentially arguing that the preferences of a strong majority of voters should have been ignored--it's an argument that elites *should have* hijacked the process; not an argument that they did.

But let's remember why we're talking about this. The question posted by the OP is essentially, why did the Democrats become the party of Russiagate and anti-Russian sentiment?

First, "anti-Russian sentiment" was something there was a strong bipartisan consensus about before 2016. There was a small uptick among Democrats following Russian attacks on our democracy and a large shift toward a more pro-Putin sentiment among Republicans.

It seems strange for you to assert that Democrats would be harping on and on about Russiagate if Trump had lost, if that's what you're saying.

It's not.

But clearly the hacking, election meddling, and contacts with the Trump campaign during that period would be investigated and covered regardless of the outcome of the election. Say there's no Comey letter and resulting 4-point boost for Trump. Clinton wins the popular vote by 6 points and the EC in a landslide. Trump and many associates are probably in prison by now, and America is collectively breathing a sigh of relief.

Notice how, after the Mueller report was a nothingburger, they moved on to the next scandal. Disrupting the Trump presidency is a high priority for them.

The Mueller report confirmed the reporting in the period leading up to it. I don't see how anyone who cares about the good of the country or the rule of law can call it a nothingburger. Likewise, ending the Trump presidency should be a high priority for all people who believe in the American experiment and of democracy and rule of law.

Last edited:
hot damn

Mitt never struck me as a racist, though.

Did you know Mitt's LDS faith banned persons of black African descent from the priesthood until 1978? And also restricted them from participation in certain temple ordinances? As blacks were viewed as spiritually or morally "sullied" in some way.

This is the attitude towards blacks that Mitt was steeped in for the entirety of his formative years.

Back