International What happened to this Democrat party?

LOL! The correct answer is: Republicans in the Senate.
Both sides have factions working against it. I hope certain portions of the new left can fuse with the spirit of the old left, break away from corporatocracy, and get back to being what they should be.

Both sides have factions working against it.

The debate on the Democratic side is about the best strategy for expanding access to affordable care *given Republican opposition to the goal* (and the additional obstacle that building a Senate majority means winning red states).

The debate on the Democratic side is about the best strategy for expanding access to affordable care *given Republican opposition to the goal* (and the additional obstacle that building a Senate majority means winning red states).
Getting rid of Romneycare was a good step. That took R policy. In soon time, hopefully after Dems get their heads on straight, it could be time to Dem again to get UHC. It won't be much more expensive for America than what we have now. The R talking heads, and some who are generally on the other side, are lying about that. It's kind of inevitable and we should stop playing kick-the-can until a collapse.

Getting rid of Romneycare was a good step. That took R policy.

???

In soon time, hopefully after Dems get their heads on straight, it could be time to Dem again to get UHC. It won't be much more expensive for America than what we have now.

Again, and note that I'm personally ambiguous about single-payer, 100% of the reason we don't have single payer is that Republicans hold office. If there were 61 Democratic senators with safe seats, a Democratic House majority, and a Democratic president, it would happen tomorrow.

???

Again, and note that I'm personally ambiguous about single-payer, 100% of the reason we don't have single payer is that Republicans hold office. If there were 61 Democratic senators with safe seats, a Democratic House majority, and a Democratic president, it would happen tomorrow.
Obamacare was Romneycare. It took the Republican stance on the plan as it affected the whole country to repeal that fail idea. I understand that Romney is a Republican.

Maybe you are right on the second part. Stop allowing the media to fruit up your party and make it socially corrosive and dangerous. You know what? They had to do that, because Dems had won. Taking the side of criminals and creating racial divides seems like the money's way of making R's viable again. It worked. Take your party back and don't be afraid to talk back to the media narrative that guides the modern left.

Obamacare was Romneycare. It took the Republican stance on the plan as it affected the whole country to repeal that fail idea.

The ACA was a huge improvement in the system and has not been repealed. WTF?

The ACA was a huge improvement in the system and has not been repealed. WTF?
The mandate portion has and that destroys the essence of it. Forcing middle class people to purchase health care which was quickly rising in price was not cool. I get it, you currently have government insurance. That's nice. I have a couple times as well.

The mandate portion has and that destroys the essence of it.

The most significant aspect (as it turns out) was the Medicaid expansion. The creation of the exchanges (along with subsidies) was also a big part of the coverage expansion. Regs allowing kids to stay on their parents plans until they are 25 was another big change. To say that the mandate was "the essence" of reforms indicates that you don't understand or know about the reform package.

Forcing middle class people to purchase health care which was quickly rising in price was not cool. I get it, you currently have government insurance. That's nice. I have a couple times as well.

The first sentence is bizarre. That wasn't something that happened. Also, I do not have gov't insurance. I don't know if that was supposed to be some kind of dig or you're just confusing me with someone else, but it's false either way.

The most significant aspect (as it turns out) was the Medicaid expansion. The creation of the exchanges (along with subsidies) was also a big part of the coverage expansion. Regs allowing kids to stay on their parents plans until they are 25 was another big change. To say that the mandate was "the essence" of reforms indicates that you don't understand or know about the reform package.

The first sentence is bizarre. That wasn't something that happened. Also, I do not have gov't insurance. I don't know if that was supposed to be some kind of dig or you're just confusing me with someone else, but it's false either way.
The other reforms were not terrible. The mandate (in the face of quickly rising prices to cover the profit losses from medicaid expansion) was bad enough to make up for them.

The other reforms were not terrible. The mandate (in the face of quickly rising prices to cover the profit losses from medicaid expansion) was bad enough to make up for them.

The mandate helped keep prices down. It should be restored, but precisely because it was not central to the reforms, it's not a huge deal. It was just something that sleazy propagandists targeted to try to drum up phony outrage (which is an illustration of some of the obstacles facing further coverage expansion).

The mandate helped keep prices down. It should be restored, but precisely because it was not central to the reforms, it's not a huge deal. It was just something that sleazy propagandists targeted to try to drum up phony outrage (which is an illustration of some of the obstacles facing further coverage expansion).
It lowered prices for the first couple months just like car insurance mandates. States with no-fault mandatory insurance now have astronomical prices. I was required to buy it and couldn't afford it. My kids went without insurance, and then we lost like $1500 (or more) as a penalty on our taxes. That really happened. I was forced by government gun-point to pay in the thousands because my kids sadly did not have insurance. I literally quit a part time job so my kids would qualify for medicaid at the time.

EDIT: And God no the mandate should not return. It didn't work. You didn't have to buy insurance and you do not know. For both businesses and non-government employee middle class the mandate was insane.

EDIT: And God no the mandate should not return. It didn't work. You didn't have to buy insurance and you do not know. For both businesses and non-government employee middle class the mandate was insane.

??? For most of us who are in the private sector and had insurance, the mandate had no noticeable impact on anything (the non-noticeable impact was that it contributed to the slowdown in cost growth).

??? For most of us who are in the private sector and had insurance, the mandate had no noticeable impact on anything (the non-noticeable impact was that it contributed to the slowdown in cost growth).
Well we were forced to purchase insurance we could not afford. We paid the penalty at the end of the year. It was bad. I don't believe you do not have government insurance. I can tell you do.

Well we were forced to purchase insurance we could not afford. We paid the penalty at the end of the year. It was bad. I don't believe you do not have government insurance. I can tell you do.

Um, why? What form?

Um, why? What form?
You talk like you have medicaid. I have also had it, and there isn't anything wrong with that. Had you gone through actually having to buy it for yourself and 4 children you would sound like the rest of the people I know who got absolutely crushed as prices rose and rose.

You talk like you have medicaid. I have also had it, and there isn't anything wrong with that. Had you gone through actually having to buy it for yourself and 4 children you would sound like the rest of the people I know who got absolutely crushed as prices rose and rose.

:) I don't know how someone who has Medicaid talks, but, no, I'm not on Medicaid.

:) I don't know how someone who has Medicaid talks, but, no, I'm not on Medicaid.
Ok buddy. Have a good day. I personally got hurt by the mandate so I'm not going to support it. UHC needs to be the future. Everybody knows Obamacare ended up failing because prices went up like always happens when insurance is mandated by government gun.

Lol I've been following yall convo and I gotta admit this legit made me laugh out loud in real life. Are saying he's broke and relies on Gimme-Free insurance? lol. He doesn't strike me as the type.

Him acknowledging that a teenager who was killed by a racist right-wing moron was a human with family is what really crossed the line.

I think it was more on the lines that Obama called Trayvon his son despite Trayvon being a low life POS.

BTW, hope you're enjoying your yellow cards.

Lol I've been following yall convo and I gotta admit this legit made me laugh out loud in real life. Are saying he's broke and relies on Gimme-Free insurance? lol. He doesn't strike me as the type.

There is no "type" for those who need help with insurance for various reasons. Intelligence is becoming less connected to financial success every day, unfortunately.

Back