Wake up around 9

Realize im not a child anymore

Realize there arent a shitload of presents under the tree

Cry myself back to sleep

Wake back up, play the newest call of duty

Eat dinner with family

Play more call of duty

Go back to sleep

Yes, I'd get 12" vinyl records from my Aunts/Uncle's instead of just a piddly little 7" record, so as to cover both my Birthday & xmas gift in one go.

Band Aid's - Feed the World for example ... the difference between 12" & 7" being that at the end of the 7" version you get an extra 10 mins of the "Feed the World, Feed the World, Feed the World" repeat to fade outro .........

I go over to my granparents around noon and exchange presents with my stepmom's side of the family. Then, we have a heavy lunch around 1 or so with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls,etc. (almost like Thanksgiving-lite).

After that gets over around 3 or 4 we go over to my parent's house with my Dad's side of the family. We have a dinner around 6 or so with drinks and a White Elephant gift exchange. Since his side of the family is so big, the gift exchange usually is pretty light hearted and filled with re-gifts and inside jokes.

After that, I go home and try to not fall into a food-induced coma

/Sarcasm... look it up.

Not sarcasm I'm afraid just find it really awkward. It's stupid but I've always been that way, I think I just hate being the centre of attention. I'd rather fade into the background.

Christmas eve not much, maybe gourmet (probably not a word in English but lazy)

Christmas day, hanging around at my parents place waiting till everyone arrives, then we'll probably go for a walk. Have dinner at a restaurant, do some presents.

That's about it

yess!! just got this via e-mail

2qi46qo.png

no kids so
gaming, eating, and sexytimes with the wifey

First time I'll be with my family for Christmas since 2009 so that'll be nice, but my Grandma was taken into a care home yesterday so it's not going to be the usual happy day this year.

Still Bucks Fizz breakfast and lots of turkey, bubbly and all the trimmings though I'm sure.

Visiting a care home on Xmas can be uncomfortable. A couple times I visited my Gran and elderly people congregate on you, talking about being alone.

My family routine for years never involved leaving the house unless me and my brother got bikes. Now, my mum goes to see her mum and my dad goes and puts flowers on his mum's grave. Then around 10.30/11, we open presents from family and friends and then the presents we gave each other.

My mum is cooking through all of this and everyone else becomes self involved or starts fiddling with gadgets. After dinner everyone is just running down the clock until bedtime.

Christmas in Australia = BBQ at the park or the beach. Glaring hot summer weather. Roast Turkey / Duck / Chicken dinner with family.

We take the kids to Grandma's house on Christmas Eve, then stay up late putting together presents. Christmas morning is all about the kids opening their presents. Then I'll take a nap until I go outside and fry a turkey. Then my mom, step-dad, sister and niece will come over and eat.

Gonna spend most of my Christmas Eve on the Autobahn.

My grandma broke her hip and will have to stay in a nursing home for quite a while. She's 93 years old and this will be her first Christmas in like 30+ years not being at home.
Also, there is this old Christmas angel my great grandmother bought for her as a child (probably like 100+ years old) that she always puts on top of the tree and she mentioned on the phone how much she'll miss having that around this year.

My father isn't gonna visit her on Christmas and I won't have her spend the day alone in bed so I'm gonna go visit her and make sure to pick up that angel.

yess!! just got this via e-mail

2qi46qo.png
Is that weird around your parts?
Taken for granted around here.
Well, except for January 2nd maybe.

This year the holidays hit the weekdays quite nicely though.
I hate it when they're on weekends and you get no extra days off.

Is that weird around your parts?
Taken for granted around here.
Well, except for January 2nd maybe.

This year the holidays hit the weekdays quite nicely though.
I hate it when they're on weekends and you get no extra days off.

the 26th & the 2nd are the added bonus together.

Back