What does your Christmas day entail?

I am happy to say that I'm spending Christmas Eve at work.

Christmas day entails boozing it up with all my hometown homies.

Christmas eve is spent home with the family. Food, presents, games, etc.

First time I'll be with my family for Christmas since 2009 so that'll be nice, but my Grandma was taken into a care home yesterday so it's not going to be the usual happy day this year.

Still Bucks Fizz breakfast and lots of turkey, bubbly and all the trimmings though I'm sure.

I get off work at 7am, I'll probably have a Christmas drink and sleep for a few hours. When I wake up, I'll go skiing for a couple of hours, work-out, eat an early dinner, and head into work for the 5pm start of my 14 hour shift.

I cook and eat some special things on this day when the evening come i watch the tv alone except for my cat :eek: enjoy a drink and that's it. What's left of the family is in bad term with each others and live too far away to gather.

I also browse the web, especially on this day.

I'm surprised how many of ye go out to eat :eek:

But I guess thanksgiving would be the excuse for the big meal for you guys?

Wake up, panic at the realization I forgot to get gifts for someone, run to the store to try and find gifts, run back, get in my suit, notice suit has weird stain on it from last year and I forgot to get it cleaned, try to clean the suit, end up leaving the jacket behind and wearing slacks and a dress shirt, go to family party with shitty gifts, eat until I'm damned near comatose, watch terrible tv, go home, crash.

Like every year.

I like to get up early-ish, around 7:30 or so. Then I get on my bike and ride to a big park that's not too far away. It's like a forest in the middle of the city. The streets are empty and the park is empty and I just love the feeling of having everything to myself. So I jog for about half an hour and then sit by the lake and just relax for a while in complete silence. Or if it's nice and sunny and dry I will play pitch and putt golf by myself for free. (Screw you, Burnaby Parks Board.)

After that I head to Denny's or IHOP and have a nice big breakfast while reading the paper. If the waitress is vaguely cute, I will probably flirt with her. If she flirts back she gets a wicked tip. Then I head to my Mom's house and watch the latest season of Sons of Anarchy with my brother while eating hot wings. During this period I will drink a bottle of Bailey's to myself (and some beer.)

Then we head to my sister's house where we meet up with the rest of the family and have the big dinner, presents, yada yada yada. I will also kick my nephew's ass at Mario Kart. Then, since he is 13 years old, he will kick my ass at Call of Duty. Then I go home and drink whatever bottle of rum my sister bought for me.

On Boxing Day I get together with friends. We watch junior hockey and whatever other sports are on. Then we play board games or poker until about five in the morning.

Last edited:
Do the present crap at my parents' with my daughter, possibly go eat some overpriced meal at a Chinese restaurant, then back to the parents', where no one will say 10 words to each other the rest of the day/night.

On Christmas?

Shit, I live in Taiwan and I still wouldn't go to an overpriced Chinese joint on Christmas, at least not back in the U.S.

Personally, I'm hitting up a cheap Chinese restaurant here on Dec. 25.

It's become a tradition, in the last few years, for me and my sister to go out (separately) with mates for a few drinks, then come home around 11pm and proceed to get absolutely steaming with my parents while they play Bee Gees CD's and Phil Collins, and my dad gets carried away singing.

So Christmas day, is usually - bed around 4am. Up around 10-11am. Sit around groaning after opening presents, mother makes food, eat food late afternoon, sit around groaning, early night!

We actually celebrate christmas on the eve of the 24th in germany.

im usually out and about until 5pm
at 6pm presents are handed out
afterwards is dinner (relatively simple;Fish,Frankfurter,Potato salad)
then its drinking time
after midnight i watch "Die Hard" and sleep at around 3am.

Then on christmas day (25th) its Duck&Red cabbage time

3.jpg

We actually celebrate christmas on the eve of the 24th in germany.

im usually out and about until 5pm
at 6pm presents are handed out
afterwards is dinner (relatively simple;Fish,Frankfurter,Potato salad)
then its drinking time
after midnight i watch "Die Hard" and sleep at around 3am.

Then on christmas day (25th) its Duck&Red cabbage time

3.jpg

You celebrate on the 24th? And that's not a Christmas dinner. Your whole stinkin country should be ashamed of itself.

Back