What does Tim Sylvia and Tyson Fury have in common?

pretty sure prime big tim out grappled Jeff Monson
He really didnt. He just put him in his guard and Monson was too small to reach his head with punches. Which was hilarious tbh. Unless putting someone in your guard is outgrappling them these days lol

both a bit awkward for their size,but Fury obviously was much better at boxing and had alot more heart.

He really didnt. He just put him in his guard and Monson was too small to reach his head with punches. Which was hilarious tbh. Unless putting someone in your guard is outgrappling them these days lol

Big tim almost triangled him

Big tim almost triangled him
So an attempted failed submission is outgrappling him?

Really,it was just monson was too short to do any damage from being in Tim's guard. Its an MMA match,and Tim was probably a foot taller. Just very awkward.

The old heads on sherdog will remember the biggest Tim Sylvia fan on sherdog was Goober Taylor was last seen: Dec 13, 2009. I swear this guy never missed any thread involving Tim Sylvia back to topic they're both bald, fat, ugly however Tyson Fury is a much more talented fighter between the two.

The old heads on sherdog will remember the biggest Tim Sylvia fan on sherdog was Goober Taylor was last seen: Dec 13, 2009. I swear this guy never missed any thread involving Tim Sylvia .
The Fedor loss destroyed him.

Hate that mercer fight because boxing fans always use it as "evidence" that boxing > mma.

THANKS TIM

I mean it does prove that Heavyweights are just a different story overall. It only takes one punch. Derrick Lewis and Tai Tuivasa have shown me enough. Those guys had zero ground game and limited kicks. Gane learned how to fight like 8 years ago. You cant tell me a guy with a boxing background can't learn how to be a good MMA fighter at heavyweight.

I mean it does prove that Heavyweights are just a different story overall. It only takes one punch. Derrick Lewis and Tai Tuivasa have shown me enough. Those guys had zero ground game and limited kicks. Gane learned how to fight like 8 years ago. You cant tell me a guy with a boxing background can't learn how to be a good MMA fighter at heavyweight.
Cyril Gane's don't grow on trees though. That guy is an incredible athlete and his kicking game is really what sets up his punches. Hes one of the best kickers to ever fight in MMA. That translates well for MMA,cos the Tai and Lewis types cannot deal with it. Having boxing by itself will only take you so far.

Aspinal is a better example of a boxer who does well in MMA,but he didnt shy away from the ground game at all,and actually will use it more than Gane does.

Tyson and Timmy is not the same type of fighter.

Nonsense, they have more in common than you think.

Both beat muscular Russians to become heavyweight champion
InShot_20231102_023935849.jpg
InShot_20231102_023545539.jpg

Both have fluctuating discipline becoming fat sausages in between fights, and they're the height of your average sherdogger.
InShot_20231102_023123291.jpg

But most importantly, they get back up to win. Heart of a Champion.
arlovksi_sylvia2_medium.gif
IMB_8T77XY.gif

Both fights are embarrassing, anybody saying otherwise has an agenda.

Both fights are embarrassing, anybody saying otherwise has an agenda.
Fury's situation is worse. Anyone saying otherwise is coping with last weekend

Tim Sylvia wasn't the reigning #1 HW in MMA when he got KO'ed by Mercer. He wasn't even a top20 HW when he fought Mercer

He was grossly obese as well. Like 70lbs more than his time as champ. Fury weighed the same against Wilder as he did against Francis. It's way worse

Nonsense, they have more in common than you think.

Both beat muscular Russians to become heavyweight champion
View attachment 1009790
View attachment 1009791

Both have fluctuating discipline becoming fat sausages in between fights, and they're the height of your average sherdogger.
View attachment 1009792

But most importantly, they get back up to win. Heart of a Champion.
View attachment 1009793
IMB_8T77XY.gif

Big Tim was also the first undefeated fighter to hold the ufc strap under the modern rules with an athletic commission. Hof worthy.

Fury reminds me of that giant guy who got KO’d by Tim lol

I remember watching at the time that fight was garbage.

Monson was just neutralised by his short reach.

jeff-the-snowman-monson-holds-down-tim-sylvia-feature-on-ultimate-fighting-a-martial-arts.jpg

Reactions: HHJ
Back