What do you think about Twin Peaks?

Great show.
Too bad the network killed it by forcing them to reveal Laura's killer.

The new season is taking place in present day, 25 years later. I don't know how or what they are going to do with it. I'm super excited though, since I just watched te series for the first time about 6 months ago. LOVE the whole 90s thing is has going on.

I have yet to watch the movie though

One of my favorite bands did a song heavily influenced by the show, and even samples some dialogue and uses part of its theme.

Someone made a video of clips from the show set to it:

Super fitting combo

Like most things with cult status, it was ahead of its time. When you think that it first aired 25 years ago, there wasn't anything else quite like it. There are "better" series, but it's very likely it came along a lot later than TP.

What you're describing:

Seinfeld is Unfunny

season 1 awesome
season 2 sucks in the middle
Fire Walk With Me is one of the best movies ever made
season 3 is a fucking piece of shit insult

Beware Of Bob

season 1 awesome

Beware Of Bob

Wow, couldn't disagree more about season 3.

Watched season 3 four or five times before I ever went back and watched the original season. There is so much depth, you have to watch it a few times to unpeel the layers and connect the dots.

Watched season 3 four or five times before I ever went back and watched the original season. There is so much depth, you have to watch it a few times to unpeel the layers and connect the dots.

s3 is flat out dogshit. I am one of 5 people who saw FWWM in the theaters. I used to read Wrapped in Plastic, I read books on TP, I read what would have happened in a s3 (book was from the 90s). I loved that show. I was more hyped than anything for S3. I am a huge fan of Lost Highway, Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive. I am a huge Lynch fan.

But fuck s3 is the dumbest shit tv show I have ever seen. It was made to troll me.

s3 is flat out dogshit. I am one of 5 people who saw FWWM in the theaters. I used to read Wrapped in Plastic, I read books on TP, I read what would have happened in a s3 (book was from the 90s). I loved that show. I was more hyped than anything for S3. I am a huge fan of Lost Highway, Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive. I am a huge Lynch fan.

But fuck s3 is the dumbest shit tv show I have ever seen. It was made to troll me.
It’s the single greatest season of television ever made. I’m not even fucking around. Season 3 is a fucking masterpiece.

But I actually hate TV shows in general and don’t watch any, so taken my opinion for whatever you think it’s worth. I have a couple small criticisms of S3, but by and large it was fucking magic.

Love it.
One of my all time fave archetypal tales that I grew up with.

This guy decoded everything in the most amazing way. Is the most compelling analysis I've ever seen of any esoteric modern film.

30553-FD3-C192-450-F-99-CA-298016479-CCB.jpg

season 1 awesome

Beware Of Bob
I gave up well before it ended. Flippin ridiculous garbage.
When it first aired in the UK I used to look forward to it every week even though it scared the fuck out of me.

It’s the single greatest season of television ever made. I’m not even fucking around. Season 3 is a fucking masterpiece.

But I actually hate TV shows in general and don’t watch any, so taken my opinion for whatever you think it’s worth. I have a couple small criticisms of S3, but by and large it was fucking magic.

Well, if you like any season more than s1 then yeah we are not going to agree on it. S1 is the best season of 90s television.

Well, if you like any season more than s1 then yeah we are not going to agree on it. S1 is the best season of 90s television.
I agree about S1 for sure. I actually agree with what you said about S1 and S2—just not S3. Although tbf, there were moments in S3 where Lynch trolled the viewer, I don’t think the whole season was some kind of troll. It did have a different aesthetic though, almost an homage to all of Lynch’s work. The Black Lodge sequences had definite Eraserhead vibes, there were also some definite Mulholland Dive vibes. If it’s viewed as a film instead of a TV series, I think S3 is actually launch’s finest work. Sucks that you’re a TP fan but didn’t enjoy it.

A show that has interesting premise that goes waaaaay to far to be weird to the point its unwatchable at least for me.

It's one of the best Shows ever made. Season 3 is phänomenal and rounds the story of s1 and 2 nicely and epically up.

Back