What do you think about Twin Peaks?

I stopped watching a few episodes into season 2.

I watched the first episode and instantly turned it off. I've been wrong before, but I simply wasn't into it. It looked horrible... Yet, I've heard great things. And your review was glowing.

Same thing happened with me. People talk about how great it is so I probably set my expectations a bit too high early on, it felt like work just to finish that first episode. I've been wanting to try again for a while now though.

Intriguing and thought provoking show for the 1st season, but the quality fell substantially after Laura's killer was revealed.

I must say Lara Flynn Boyle, Madchen Amick, Sheryl Fenn and Sheryl Lee were all beautiful.

maybe because she is my personal fav out of the above....but for me...Madchen Amick has aged the best....she's still 'mighty fine'

like most things that have a cult-following, it's good, but overhyped.

Its excellent until it caved to the pressure of the "Who Killed Laura Palmer" hype. They were flying by the seat of the pants and it was great tv but it kinda falls apart at the end, which is disappointing. Still super fun to watch but a bit of a let down.

i think season 1 was great..one of the first predecessors of great television series. Season 2 was good too but not that good..

Sure, the first season was good, but I don't think it justifies its cult status.
Like most things with cult status, it was ahead of its time. When you think that it first aired 25 years ago, there wasn't anything else quite like it. There are "better" series, but it's very likely it came along a lot later than TP.

My favourite tv show of all time and I'm well happy with today's confirmation that it's coming back in 2016 :)

Bob still scares the crap out of me.

was just reading about this today, I am so fucking stoked for a 3rd season

I love it, but man is that killer bob guy scary.

My favourite tv show of all time and I'm well happy with today's confirmation that it's coming back in 2016 :)

Bob still scares the crap out of me.

So how do you guys envision season 3?
Will it be set in same time frame(set in early 90s) or will we see a lapse in time equivalent to real time?

Not sure if i could bear a season 3 with a complete new cast (early 90s frame), they might as well make a remake of season 1-2 also then.

Shawn Spencer always made obscure references to it, so I've considered watching it, but never got around to it.

3rd season is the lamest thing I have ever heard.
I know the ending is unintentional but IMO the ending is perfect as is.

Lynch is a total fraud now to me. I guess his shitty paintings weren't making enough money and no one wants to fund another 3 hour random mess of movie. Only thing left is to ruin one of the only good things he ever did.

I just feel dirty reading this news.

So how do you guys envision season 3?
Will it be set in same time frame(set in early 90s) or will we see a lapse in time equivalent to real time?

Not sure if i could bear a season 3 with a complete new cast (early 90s frame), they might as well make a remake of season 1-2 also then.

I think they'll bring back most of the original cast in one way or another.

I don't get people already moaning about it tho. It's David Lynch and it's Twin Peaks so it's not going to be awful. We all know it won't be anywhere near as good as the original series but I don't think that's possible anyway.

I love it, but man is that killer bob guy scary.

Indeed.
Sometimes I still have to concentrate walking up my stairs at night to not think about Bob hiding at the top :icon_sad:

I think they'll bring back most of the original cast in one way or another.

I don't get people already moaning about it tho. It's David Lynch and it's Twin Peaks so it's not going to be awful. We all know it won't be anywhere near as good as the original series but I don't think that's possible anyway.

Yeah, i will be happy no matter what they do even if it's gonna be like godfather 3 compared to 1 and 2. I loved the twin peaks movie also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back