What do you think about Twin Peaks?

The Green Lantern

Beware My Power...
@Black
Reaction score
I have recently started watching Twin Peaks. As of right now, I am on the first episode of the second season. I have always heard how good it was, and it seems to have a pretty big cult following (rated 9.0/10 on IMDb).

Im enjoying it so far. The Agent Dale character is enjoyable to watch, and I think I am in love with Sherilyn Fenn's character. She was a real piece of ass back then. That said, the show definitely comes off as a hokey soap opera at times, but so far I have been able to look past that.

Did anybody else watch this show, and if so, what is your opinion on it?

coopercoffeemanthathitsthespot.jpg

PDVD_229.jpg

great show.

the middle of the second season suuuuucks. you are going to have to power through it. the ending is worth it. lynch/frost left the show to do other shit and dumb things happen. lynch comes back at the end and rips out the shit that sucks. after you finish the series watch Fire Walk With Me

where's annie?

Some of the greatest television ever made.

Sure, it comes off as a hokey soap opera at times, but that's probably intentional - Lynch and Frost managed to create a really unique, creepy and disturbing vibe and I was saddened that they didn't keep it up for at least one more season.

Couldn't get into the first few episodes. Did like Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive though. The game "Deadly Premonition" takes a lot of cues from Twin Peaks, and the show "Psych" has done a few homages with actual TP cast members.

Lynch and Frost managed to create a really unique, creepy and disturbing vibe

Definitely agree, and this is a major part of why I find the show so interesting.

The dream sequence with the midget with the wierd speech pattern had me saying, "WTF?!"

Definitely agree, and this is a major part of why I find the show so interesting.

The dream sequence with the midget with the wierd speech pattern had me saying, "WTF?!"

the midget talks is recorded backwards but reversed and played forwards

Some of the greatest television ever made.

Sure, it comes off as a hokey soap opera at times, but that's probably intentional - Lynch and Frost managed to create a really unique, creepy and disturbing vibe and I was saddened that they didn't keep it up for at least one more season.
I agree with everything in this post. I actually think the way it suddenly changes between the warm or soapy scenes into the strange and uncanny ones is really exceptional.

Hell, one of the most tacky scenes of the series turns into one on the most creepy of all time.

what's it about?

The Storyline according to IMDb:
The body of a young girl (Laura Palmer) is washed up on a beach near the small Washington state town of Twin Peaks. FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper is called in to investigate her strange demise only to uncover a web of mystery that ultimately leads him deep into the heart of the surrounding woodland and his very own soul.

best thing made for tv

if it wasn't for NIN i probably wouldn't have discovered David Lynch

loved the movie Fire Walk With me in college

My favourite Lynch work, it used to scare the shit out of me when it was televised around 1990ish.

I'm gonna have to check this out when I'm finished with The Wire. They're all on Netflix I believe.

She's dead, wrapped in plastic.

I remember that show, I should watch it again to.
The log lady was awesome.

And Sherilyn Fenn is a dime piece. And Lara Flynn Boyle isn't bad in it either.

Season 1 = Awesome, some of the best Lynch

Season 2 = Absolute crap. The creators stopped caring and just started messing about cause the production company/TV channel or whatever was screwing them over. It

[YT]1F8gLejzxLk[/YT]
Leland Palmer may be one of the creepiest/scariest/best characters in television history...

Don't forget to watch "Fire Walk With Me" afterwards. Bowie has an amazing cameo.

One of the greatest shows ever made. Really transcended what most programming could do on TV. It was obscenely clever - giving each character a rich back-story that you knew was there, but never got to fully glimpse.

There was always a story within a story to be told between each character, that the audience only got a glimpse of. Deadly Premonition is a game influenced by the series that is pretty awesome. Alan Wake also seems to pay some homage to Twin Peaks.

Back