What do you think about Twin Peaks?

She's dead, wrapped in plastic.

:icon_lol: The "wrapped in plastic" line done in that voice and the "sometimes my arms bend back" are part of me and my wife's regular lingo. Not totally constant but there are times that those lines just fit and one of us blurts it out to the other.

Loved the show. Loved Blue Velvet as well. Those I think are Lynch's best work.

If you like Twin Peaks then Carnivale might be up your alley too. That's another series that was fantastic while it lasted.

Amazing show.

Audrey Horne was too damn fine

:icon_lol: The "wrapped in plastic" line done in that voice and the "sometimes my arms bend back" are part of me and my wife's regular lingo. Not totally constant but there are times that those lines just fit and one of us blurts it out to the other.

Loved the show. Loved Blue Velvet as well. Those I think are Lynch's best work.

If you like Twin Peaks then Carnivale might be up your alley too. That's another series that was fantastic while it lasted.

Carnivale is awesome but also horrible because of when it gets cancelled.

Season 1 = Awesome, some of the best Lynch

Season 2 = Absolute crap. The creators stopped caring and just started messing about cause the production company/TV channel or whatever was screwing them over. It

Carnivale is awesome but also horrible because of when it gets cancelled.

Agreed.

Great atmosphere and story. Cool characters and good performances... All ruined by a fucking network canceling a show mid-cliff hanger. Such a shame.

I'd put it in my top 3 favorite tv shows ever list.

First season was great, season two is a hit and miss. It started out real strong, until Laura's killer is revealed, Lynch left the show for the most part, and the dreaded Windom Earle story line starts.

Lynch said he wanted to never let us know who killed Laura (maybe saving it for the movie), but the network forced him to reveal the killer early in the second season. Her death was the core of the show, but he wanted to expand on the rest of the characters, while leaving Laura's death and the mystery as the piece that's sorta holding everything together.

Thank the lawd he came back to do the finial episode and salvage what was left of the series. My favorite series finale ever!!!

when you get done with the series, make sure you watch Fire Walk With Me, TS.

Last edited:
I thought the show was boring but to each their own. Only got to the first season but that was enough for me. It did have a nice creepy vibe to it though.

Season 1 = Awesome, some of the best Lynch

Season 2 = Absolute crap. The creators stopped caring and just started messing about cause the production company/TV channel or whatever was screwing them over. It

The episode where Laura's killer is revealed and the final episode were, in my opinion, the best things that were ever shown on broadcast television. I consider the first season to be perfect teevee. That said, there's a five or so episode stretch in the second season that is absolutely awful and will definitely make you want to quit. Anything James-related that happens in the second season of the show is worthless and shit and embarrassing.

:eek::redface::icon_neut:icon_lol:

Love the show. One of my favorites series ever. Haven't seen it since it first aired, so I don't know how well it holds up to this day.

And yeah, after they solve Laura Palmer's murder, the show goes downhill very fast.

Finishing the second season now, first one was fantastic.

I preferred the movie, couldn't get through all of S2 even though it's one of the few shows I bought on DVD.

Love this series with all its weirdness. I dont know if its because of the setting but this became my "sit back and be comfy as fuck" show

Love the show. One of my favorites series ever. Haven't seen it since it first aired, so I don't know how well it holds up to this day.

And yeah, after they solve Laura Palmer's murder, the show goes downhill very fast.

DL, here's the question... Because I've been reading your reviews long enough to trust your judgement. Should I get started on this show?

I watched the first episode and instantly turned it off. I've been wrong before, but I simply wasn't into it. It looked horrible... Yet, I've heard great things. And your review was glowing.

Torn. What say you, good sir?

Intriguing and thought provoking show for the 1st season, but the quality fell substantially after Laura's killer was revealed.

I must say Lara Flynn Boyle, Madchen Amick, Sheryl Fenn and Sheryl Lee were all beautiful.

Show got ruined by the network it was on unfortunately

If David Lynch had full control, the show would of been 10/10

Still a great show, and I too am in love with Audrey Horne.

Last edited:
DL, here's the question... Because I've been reading your reviews long enough to trust your judgement. Should I get started on this show?

I watched the first episode and instantly turned it off. I've been wrong before, but I simply wasn't into it. It looked horrible... Yet, I've heard great things. And your review was glowing.

Torn. What say you, good sir?

It's been a long time since I saw the series, which was around 1990-1991, so I really can't say how it holds up today. But based on my memory, I say try a few more episodes to get a feel for the tone of the show and get acquainted with the eccentric characters. It's not your typical straightforward whodunit.

It's been a long time since I saw the series, which was around 1990-1991, so I really can't say how it holds up today. But based on my memory, I say try a few more episodes to get a feel for the tone of the show and get acquainted with the eccentric characters. It's not your typical straightforward whodunit.

Thanks... Done deal, man. I'll commit to at least a few episodes.

Back