What do you REALLY think of Colton Smith?

How he act/talk/fight
l_I-Dont-Like-It-Graphic.jpg

TUF Smashes WW winner Robert Whittaker is a significantly better fighter than Colton Smith. He would not be able to outmuscle Whittaker like he did Ricci and the striking isn't even close.

I would not pay 1 penny to watch Smith fight, he should pay us to watch that.

I think he's getting a ridiculous amount of hate, maybe because everyone was all over Ricci's nuts. Anyone capable of pissing off this many Sherdoggers is probably doing something right.

Also, he made me some fake monies, so there is that.

Lots of people underestimated his greco. His greco is actually really solid and he's tricky. The other good thing about him is that he doesn't just get in guard after takedowns. The kid has potential.

Volkmannesque. Which is a really bad thing in my book.

he has a crap ton of evolving to do to be successful in that division only time will tell for the moment he gets own with someone with tdd

Only saw one episode of TUF in which he shouted dramatically, "The American versus the Canadian!" That was lame.

The kid has potential.

This.
From what I have read about him, he didn't have the luxury like Ricci to train with such a diverse camp like Tristar, but he still beat Ricci in a dominating fashion. I think Colton now trains with Tim Kennedy. That will only help him develop as a fighter.

Yes, I think against someone with a solid take down defense Colton will have some problems as his striking isn't very good. But he has a lot of potential and I think only time will tell.

What people aren't mentioning is that Ricci showed very solid grappling on TUF and trains at a camp with elite grapplers and still was utterly dominated in every facet of grappling.

I think Colton has a ton of potential.

Back