What do you REALLY think of Colton Smith?

He has boring style and he kept babbling about Jesus and US military so not really interested.

I'm indifferent on the guy, but I really have no clue why he's getting so much heat. People call him a blanket? Get real, he was active almost the whole time. I see the arguments, but I just think they're weak. Whatever though, guys done more with his life in 25 years than any shertard ever will, given two lifetimes. I just want to see him fight a natural WW.

Sounds like you want to suck him?????

Colton has impressive grappling and cardio.

I don't care for him much though.

I don't mind him as a person or a fighter, but the diaper has to go.

Not a fan, first impressions. He faked the glove touch in his first fight.

I'm not a fan of the whole military angle.

His personality I find irritating.

His fighting style, although dominating, is boring.

This is kinda the feeling I get as well. A more annoying and less skilled Gray Maynard.

Not a fan of his at all, and my girlfriend was watching the fights with me last night and kept saying "holy crap that dude is ugly as hell" haha

I watch mma to be entertained, Colton Smith doesn't entertain.

His personality is wearing, even more annoying then Tim Kennedy.

Not a fan.

I was in the marines, and you learn to despise Captain America types because they're almost all snitches and kiss-asses.

I respect his work ethic because he's been successful at implementing his game plan thus far, despite that game plan being less than viewer-friendly, but I was definitely wanting Ricci to win.

Same here bro, I was a marine too. Guys like this are totally fake and will throw anyone under the bus to get ahead.

I watched the whole season of TUF and I didn't like this guy from the get go. I guess cause of the whole fake touch gloves incident in the first episode. All his fights were bland and the same. It was the same old smother your opponent and pillow punch your way to victory routine.

Not a fan. I don't generally dismiss guys as lay and pray. But he's a fighter that I'll watch his fights on fast forward until something happens.

I don't think he was trying to diss Harley. I think he was caught up in the moment and wasn't really aware of what was going on.
18302_503240763031710_1021212745_n.jpg

I am a yr vet who deployed numerous times during OIF and OEF. BUT the military "hook" is just absolutely annoying. Mentioning it and giving credit where it is due ONCE or twice is understandable. But this hero worship NON-STOP military promotion as crass commercialization almost functions in reverse, in terms of respect.

That said, the fact that he is active duty and managing to pull this off is VERY impressive. I respect him (a lot) and his leadership (somewhat) and I'm sure all the promotion was a large part of the deal allowing him to participate.

I also know that the free publicity the Army is getting for this is not based in reality. They don't hire soldiers to lose them to other professions. Most soldiers do not get the opportunity to pursue their dreams even if they are very good, which Colton basically admitted in the cage.

Still none of this minimizes SSg smiths performance and dedication.

Not a fan after he faked the glove tap in TUF

he explained that one. He said he was nervous and didn't mean to do it. He said he never did anything like that before. I believe him because you can only use that once or twice in your career because people would be expecting it, so if you are going to do it intentionally, wouldn't you use it in one of your biggest fights?

Did anyone know he was in the army?

I don't think he was trying to diss Harley. I think he was caught up in the moment and wasn't really aware of what was going on.
18302_503240763031710_1021212745_n.jpg

what an eyesore lol, i think he'd be quite within his rights to diss Harley lol

I am a yr vet who deployed numerous times during OIF and OEF. BUT the military "hook" is just absolutely annoying. Mentioning it and giving credit where it is due ONCE or twice is understandable. But this hero worship NON-STOP military promotion as crass commercialization almost functions in reverse, in terms of respect.

That said, the fact that he is active duty and managing to pull this off is VERY impressive. I respect him (a lot) and his leadership (somewhat) and I'm sure all the promotion was a large part of the deal allowing him to participate.

I also know that the free publicity the Army is getting for this is not based in reality. They don't hire soldiers to lose them to other professions. Most soldiers do not get the opportunity to pursue their dreams even if they are very good, which Colton basically admitted in the cage.

Still none of this minimizes SSg smiths performance and dedication.

Is he still active duty?
I thought he was out and was employed by the military to train hand to hand combat.

what an eyesore lol, i think he'd be quite within his rights to diss Harley lol

I don't think he should diss a sponsor, however he has a right not to be excited about it. He might not even ride motorcycles and even if he does, many motorcycle riders are very particular about the brand and style they ride.

Back