What do you guys think about this top 10 list of all time

I mean your list is great if you call it “Top 10 Random retired can crushers with shitload of loses”

Those are the ten greatest fighters. Keep the tears coming though, it's a treat to watch.

Fedor
Anderson
Jones
GSP
MM
Aldo
Nog
Hendo
BJ
Cruz

Regardless of the status of fighter pre-USADA, the fighters that have been caught are proven cheaters. You can argue that because there was no testing during the pre USADA era that all where on a level playing field.

Post USADA, cheaters cannot be in GOAT conversations or be on any All Time Great lists. If you lost a foot race to a guy that took a short cut did he beat you? Of course not, he cheated. Same for all fighters that have tested positive for PEDS.
You’re acting as if it invalidates everything. If fedor failed a PED test if he’s ever subject to random year-round testing would that invalidate his entire career?

We know there are lots of fighters who were using ped’s who never failed a test.

The only tears I get is from laughter. You are hilarious.

Keep the tears coming bud. Looks like the hissy fit is in full swing.

200.gif

You’re acting as if it invalidates everything. If fedor failed a PED test if he’s ever subject to random year-round testing would that invalidate his entire career?

We know there are lots of fighters who were using ped’s who never failed a test.

Your argument is not logical and is based on assumptions. We can only go on what we know for certain. We know that Jones and Silva used illegal PEDS - were caught cheating. Like Lance Armstrong and dozens of other convicted PED users, their records are nullified.

If Fedor stopped fighting when pride sold, where would he be? He was already going downhill and still went 13 and 5 since. Gsp lost in his prime...finished and lost the belt. U cant be all time best ever when u were finished in your prime era by a late replacement. Its debatable always as to goat...but gsp, anderson and Fedor should always be top 3 no matter what. Khabib can overtake them all if he retires after beating tony and a couple other guys. Instill say doing something in hw division is way harder than any other division by far and should be considered.

Most people have Fedor, A Silva, GSP, Jones, Aldo, Demetrious Johnson in their top 10 - often the top 6 - in some order.

Who's the best NOT in that bunch?

The answer according to ELO scores may surprise you....

http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-absolute/

Yep. Matt Hughes.

ELO is fun.

I don't believe Fight Matrix uses a strict ELO format.

That being said, it doesn't surprise me. GSP's star shined so brightly it almost blotted Hughes out entirely, but the guy was 41-4 at one point, with something like 8 or 9 title fight wins, wins over (albeit young) GSP and still very relevant BJ, etc...

Only thing I know is that Couture is rightfully in the list
Fedor should be higher
Sakuraba should be in there too

The list only has 9

GSP, Fedor, Silva, Aldo, Jones are cemented as the best 5 IMO. Then it gets tricky. They list Khabib, Cormier, Johnson, and Couture. You can very well put Hendo, Big Nog, Liddell, Shogun, Cruz, Stipe as alternatives for those guys.

Back