What do Brazilians yell during fights?

neither is wrong or right, but these are 2 completely different settings.

americans are always a nation-proud bunch, and because of USA's cemented position atop of the world, when they express their pride, it comes off a certain way; now brazilians are constantly struggling to find something to be proud of. we're even getting our asses kicked in soccer. the one last environment where we're able to brag is MMA.

also the "uh, you're gonna die" have been around as long as there are crowds in Brazil. there is no nationalism meaning to it. if 10 teenagers are separated into 2 teams 5x5, the little kids outside will be shouting "uh, you're gonna die" which is almost cute in Brazil.

I'm not saying it's terrible that Brazilians say things like "you're gonna die" but to criticize Americans for chanting their nation's name and not criticizing anyone else is just stupid.

"Boa" means good. And the "vai morrer" chants are the ones they are saying "you're going to die", but this one only happens on the events here.

all i hear is some shit like OOOOCHA EEEEBREEEEE, which means something like your gonna die

I don't understand why it's wrong for Americans to chant USA when an American is facing someone that isn't but it isn't messed up when Brazilians are chanting actually obscene things when a Brazilian is fighting an American.

Even fucking Chael Sonnen says he admires the Brazilian people for going absolutely nuts for their own people. Meanwhile the few Americans who do chant USA are ridiculed?

Honestly I don`t mind the USA chants. My only problem with them is the lack of creativity.

Most of the time its a "silva, silva, silva...". Funny that lol

who cares, chants are always better than a cellphone call breaking the silence

be it USA USA, GSP GSP, OI OI , english football chants or "you will die chants"

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, that's a mantra that came from a film that was very popular in Brazil ("tropa de elite").

But you should know better than to think they really mean what they are saying.

if anything Brazilians are one of the most peaceful countries on the planet.

Wat?

This. I know they did it to Mendes during the Aldo weigh-ins. IIRC they did it during the Silva/Chael in Vegas, as well.

We do this everytime in every sport. It's not MMA or even sport related.

Uh! vai morrer!

pretty easy to understand if you know spanish. I have to go there a couple of months and learn the language.

Back