What do Brazilians yell during fights?

I don't understand why it's wrong for Americans to chant USA when an American is facing someone that isn't but it isn't messed up when Brazilians are chanting actually obscene things when a Brazilian is fighting an American.

Even fucking Chael Sonnen says he admires the Brazilian people for going absolutely nuts for their own people. Meanwhile the few Americans who do chant USA are ridiculed?

Because they will chant USA USA even when both are from the US but one has a foreign sounding name.

I don't understand why it's wrong for Americans to chant USA when an American is facing someone that isn't but it isn't messed up when Brazilians are chanting actually obscene things when a Brazilian is fighting an American.

Even fucking Chael Sonnen says he admires the Brazilian people for going absolutely nuts for their own people. Meanwhile the few Americans who do chant USA are ridiculed?

Because other crowds typically don't say Brasil, Brasil, Brasil, or China, China, China, or Canada, Canada, Canada when it comes to these MMA fights. And the fact that you won't hear too many USA chants for JBJ, Cain, BJ Penn, etc.

Because other crowds typically don't say Brasil, Brasil, Brasil, or China, China, China, or Canada, Canada, Canada when it comes to these MMA fights. And the fact that you won't hear too many USA chants for JBJ, Cain, BJ Penn, etc.

There were USA chants in the Shogun/Jones fight, rewatch and you'll hear it clear as day.

They should be chanting thank you USA for our cars,planes,internet,phone and any of there technology...but what they chant is "die foreinger"

apparently the crowd chants "you're gonna die" at foreign fighters during fights in brazil. true story.

This. I know they did it to Mendes during the Aldo weigh-ins. IIRC they did it during the Silva/Chael in Vegas, as well.

They should be chanting thank you USA for our cars,planes,internet,phone and any of there technology...

You are a very stupid human being

The car was invented by Nicolas Joseph Cugnot (id didnt had a engine), a french and Karl Benz (model who was followed), a german
The telefone was invented by Antonio Meucci, a italian
The airplane was invented by Santos Dumont, a brazilian (I know in USA hes not recognized as the creator of it)

So why anyone should chant USA for it?

neither is wrong or right, but these are 2 completely different settings.

americans are always a nation-proud bunch, and because of USA's cemented position atop of the world, when they express their pride, it comes off a certain way; now brazilians are constantly struggling to find something to be proud of. we're even getting our asses kicked in soccer. the one last environment where we're able to brag is MMA.

also the "uh, you're gonna die" have been around as long as there are crowds in Brazil. there is no nationalism meaning to it. if 10 teenagers are separated into 2 teams 5x5, the little kids outside will be shouting "uh, you're gonna die" which is almost cute in Brazil.

They should be chanting thank you USA for our cars,planes,internet,phone and any of there technology...but what they chant is "die foreinger"

You look too much into it. It's a common thing in Brazil to say, little kids yell it to each other all the time during their soccerbouts.

You are a very stupid human being

The car was invented by Nicolas Joseph Cugnot (id didnt had a engine), a french and Karl Benz (model who was followed), a german
The telefone was invented by Antonio Meucci, a italian
The airplane was invented by Santos Dumont, a brazilian (I know in USA hes not recognized as the creator of it)

So why anyone should chant USA for it?

I'm going with the wright brothers on the airplane, they flew the first practical airplane, dumonts couldn't fly over most trees. so dumont basically built and flew the first hover car.

Well let's face it, it would be weird chanting a full name of a country multiple times.

But anyway why wouldn't you for those fighters? I think people were chanting USA when Cain was getting Bigfoot's blood everywhere. A lot of ppl don't like JBJ American or not so they may not root for him and even then he faces guys like Rashad, Chael, Rampage, etc. a lot of Americans, (or against 2 Brazilians in Canada.)

And why not for BJ? He's Hawaiian last I checked that's American. If not why is Obama president lol. Again like JBJ he faces a lot of Americans but when he's getting smashed by someone like Rory in America the crowd is wincing more than chanting anything.

Back