What Can Possibly Headline UFC 230? Not Many Options.

If DC won't take the Jones fight, they would just trip him of LHW and runback one of the best fights in UFC history with Jones/Gus 2.
No way they strip him ahead of a potential bout with Brock. They want to promote him as the 2 division champion.

To be honest i don't think that they will let women headline MSG, with all due respect. It will probably be DC defending his LHW title. I know that he has already said that he's not fighting Gus again but there really is no other contender right now, and that's a fight that people still wanna see, given how entertaining and close was the first. Gun to my head, i'd say they're going with Dc vs Gus 2.

Pretty sure they're waiting on Jones's USADA outcome, if he's free to fight I expect Jones X Gus II will headline 230

It’s supposed to be GSP vs Anderson Silva.

We just need Grease St Pierre to end the decade long ducking.
Anderson can't fight on that card
230 is Nov. 3rd
Anderson is cleared to fight as of Nov. 10th

No way they strip him ahead of a potential bout with Brock. They want to promote him as the 2 division champion.
Brock/DC sells regardless if DC has 2 belts or not. Conor is still promoted as a double champ even though he was stripped.

They would 10000000% strip him for a Jones return headlining MSG, it's not even close IMO.

Also jut to add, there is no way Rose could/ would headline MSG. She was the THIRD title on 217. Good luck selling out the Garden with that as a headliner. I also heard she is out until early 2019.

I dont even care about the ME.

The rest is so good we dont even need one:
- Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch
- Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa
- Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
- Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya

Come on... that is sick... Anyone at the top will do
Agree.
this card is good without the need for a title to be on ME.
Maybe get a fun fight i..e. Silva vs... anyone, really, or get Dom a top contender so he can be next for TJ

Now that i think about it, Whittaker is out until next year....Interim MW bout? Given all the MW that are fighting on the card.

GSP moves up to LHW, gives Cormier a wrestling lesson and claims his third title.

Brock/DC sells regardless if DC has 2 belts or not. Conor is still promoted as a double champ even though he was stripped.

They would 10000000% strip him for a Jones return headlining MSG, it's not even close IMO.
Agree

Having a legit title fight at the top of the MSG card is probably more important to the UFC than what they can promote Brawk's opponent as.
All the casuals hear is "Brawk", the rest is just noise.

Agree

Having a legit title fight at the top of the MSG card is probably more important to the UFC than what they can promote Brawk's opponent as.
All the casuals hear is "Brawk", the rest is just noise.
Put it this way, if the return of NATE DIAZ isn't headlining MSG, it's foolish to think someone like Rose or an interim belt is. MSG is a different breed and demands excellence to sell, which is something you need when renting out the most expensive arena in the country.

You're probably right, that leaves the LHW title as the only option since i don't think they'll headline MSG with a WMMA bout.
Yep, that's why I said some combination of DC/Jones/Gus.

I suspect DC vs Gus, but that could potentially derail the Lesnar fight if DC gets injured.

GSP is the obvious guy to headline, but with the Silva fight not happening I have zero idea who they could have him fight.

It’s bad timing. UFC will really struggle to do an appealing main event for MSG this year.

GSP vs. Anderson Silva
It’s supposed to be GSP vs Anderson Silva.

We just need Grease St Pierre to end the decade long ducking.

Jesus fucking christ. It must have been posted on these forums about 100 times in teh last week

ANDERSON SILVA IS SUSPENDED AND HIS SUSPENSION DOESNT END TILL AFTER MSG

as Far as Jones goes.. If USADA only give Jon Jones a 1 year suspension there is every chance that WADA would appeal it and take it to CAS.

They did recently with a fighter in South Africa who was cleared by the national anti doping agency.. they took it to CAS, he was banned for four years..

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/boxing/...ilty-of-doping-banned-for-four-years-16135978

Quite funny really.. he provided three tubs of supplements that he claimed caused his positive test... The opened containers contained steroids, so the national anti doping agency cleared him... the sealed, unopened container however, was completely clean and free of any contamination... So WADA appealed it.. CAS agreed that basically he had contaminated the supplements himself and he got slapped for four years.

What do you guys think headlines UFC 230?

photo.jpg
"Hello Punk...what are you doing on Nov 3rd?"
photo.jpg
"Who do you got?"
ACSszfEANm7yPRPBTuXcx7kXRXzvPu94UPsoFPHVkA=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no
"I'm here bitch"

I dont even care about the ME.

The rest is so good we dont even need one:
- Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch
- Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa
- Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
- Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya

Come on... that is sick... Anyone at the top will do

I thought rockhold v weidman was on this card. Oh well.

Back