What Can Possibly Headline UFC 230? Not Many Options.

Somebody bought up tony/Aldo, I wouldn't mind that as the main event. They should consider a non title special.

Vannata is overrated, never understood the hype around him.
4 POTN fights in a row & you don't get it?

I personally don't get much at all from sitting around looking at someone's W's & L's. It is the fights that interest me. I get so tired of these "sparring sessions" that people do. You know Groovy is there to bang... & he has a unique style as well that we enjoy. So win or lose... we always know he's going to bring it. He's also relatively very young to the game & is doing all the right things to improve so there's a bit of excitement in that he might go on a tear at any time.

So you may or may not agree with what I just said there... but you can now no longer say that you don't "understand the hype around him."

getting overzealous with the merging of threads there
They must feel that Sherdog has too many people here having fun & so they want to try & stop that. They might feel there are too many people posting on Sherdog & perhaps ruining their fun will thin the herd down.

4 POTN fights in a row & you don't get it?

I personally don't get much at all from sitting around looking at someone's W's & L's. It is the fights that interest me. I get so tired of these "sparring sessions" that people do. You know Groovy is there to bang... & he has a unique style as well that we enjoy. So win or lose... we always know he's going to bring it. He's also relatively very young to the game & is doing all the right things to improve so there's a bit of excitement in that he might go on a tear at any time.

So you may or may not agree with what I just said there... but you can now no longer say that you don't "understand the hype around him."
He looked like shit in his last fight. He seems to be getting worse

giphy.gif

Underrated post

He looked like shit in his last fight. He seems to be getting worse
You're mistaken. All that happened is that he got stalled out on the cage. That's on Klose if you didn't enjoy it. It's almost like Klose didn't want a guaranteed FOTN... lol.

Groovy's striking was on point like it always is. I actually have him winning the fight... however I digress that even though he outstruck Klose in round 2... he did get cut... & as showing damage is a judging criteria... I suppose I can see how they could give that round to Klose. I don't agree with it because everyone knows Groovy cuts easy... but it is what it is. I don't know what they're smoking giving round 3 to Klose. That was easily Groovy's round.

So all that said, even though he lost... it's not as dramatic as you're making it out to be. Maybe watch it again. I've seen it probably 5 or 6 timez now.

You're mistaken. All that happened is that he got stalled out on the cage. That's on Klose if you didn't enjoy it. It's almost like Klose didn't want a guaranteed FOTN... lol.

Groovy's striking was on point like it always is. I actually have him winning the fight... however I digress that even though he outstruck Klose in round 2... he did get cut... & as showing damage is a judging criteria... I suppose I can see how they could give that round to Klose. I don't agree with it because everyone knows Groovy cuts easy... but it is what it is. I don't know what they're smoking giving round 3 to Klose. That was easily Groovy's round.

So all that said, even though he lost... it's not as dramatic as you're making it out to be. Maybe watch it again. I've seen it probably 5 or 6 timez now.
I bet on him. I watched the fight closely. The fight wasn’t remotely close and he looked lost and defeated

I bet on him. I watched the fight closely. The fight wasn’t remotely close and he looked lost and defeated
I've watched the fight at least a half a dozen times. If your emotion about your bet had you blinded on your first viewing then you should watch it again. That's the only time you've watched it yeah?

I'll give Klose round 1, but only by a slight margin due to his stalling (ie... control)

Groovy clearly outstruck him in round 2. (maybe the cut swayed the judges)

I don't know how anyone could give Klose round 3. I think the judges must have scored the fence stalling way too high.

Let's all go... who's down? Who's paying for my ticket? I'm in ny so don't worry about the flight ticket...
Hell yeah, I'm totally down... just send my plane ticket to the LOG Lounge ticket department & be sure to have my floor seat tickets with drink package & full fight week access ready when I arrive. This will be a blast bro... looking forward to it!

Last edited:
i just don't know!

Cyborg will probably get to beat up a lioness. She just got engaged so who knows tho. I dont think gsp /silva will get done. Silva needs a tune up fight imo.

Daniel Cormier vs. whoever main event
Cyborg vs. Nunes co-main

Its either Jones gets cleared and he fights DC or Gus.

GSP returns and fights Diaz. It wont be GSP/Anderson since Anderson wont be cleared by the MSG card. Silva's suspension isnt up until Nov 10th, so its a week after 230.

Those are the two big ones, Jones is a long shot but GSP could happen but it sounds like he wants conor/Khabib and UFC isnt down with that.

So that leaves maybe DC vs Gus for LHW title. Wouldnt hold up LHW div, he's still HW champ and can fight Brock next year. Not biggest fight but its probably best option if Jones/GSP cant go.

Back