What Can Possibly Headline UFC 230? Not Many Options.

photo.jpg
"Hello Punk...what are you doing on Nov 3rd?"
photo.jpg
"Who do you got?"
ACSszfEANm7yPRPBTuXcx7kXRXzvPu94UPsoFPHVkA=s48-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no
"I'm here bitch"
I'm down

This has become such an incorrect trope. 217 was handled just fine and was one of the best cards ever delivered.

Multiple fights have been ruined because of that commission. This is fact. Lol pointing out the one time nothing happened doesn't change that.

Multiple fights have been ruined because of that commission. This is fact. Lol pointing out the one time nothing happened doesn't change that.
What title fights have been ruined from the NY commission?

I'd be very happy if it was the Return of Jon Jones against someone good.

Jesus fucking christ. It must have been posted on these forums about 100 times in teh last week

ANDERSON SILVA IS SUSPENDED AND HIS SUSPENSION DOESNT END TILL AFTER MSG
You seem unreasonable upset about a simple mistake friend

You seem unreasonable upset about a simple mistake friend

Seriously.. you must have been living in a cave for the last month. About 50 times a day someone has rumoured gsp/silva and about 50 times a day various people have posted that Silva is suspended..

If Jones can get off with a year suspension by USADA, Jones vs Cain would be wonderful. With Nate/Poirier as co-main?!

Javier said Cain is 100% ready to fight on the mma hour.

I’d be ok with a BW or FW tittle fight.

Gus vs DC is a long shot. DC don’t want that fight.

GSP is retired basically

They could put a women’s fight to headline but that would be wack and disinteresting.

If DC's not gonna defend LHW then make it vacant and do that. Scrap Volkan's fight and have Gus limp around him. Or give the 40+ fights young gun Lionheart the shot.

Will Chael have dispatched Fedor by then?

Just spitballin

Seriously.. you must have been living in a cave for the last month. About 50 times a day someone has rumoured gsp/silva and about 50 times a day various people have posted that Silva is suspended..
The only rumor I've seen for that fight is the Canada PPV, never UFC 230. With the amount of fights and matchups been proposed and made official weekly, that is only going to be the norm though.

UFC 230: ???

What can possibly headline UFC 230? Let's run-down the options.

Flyweight Title- Just fought at 227. Bantamweight Title- Just fought at 227. TJ Finished it quickly though. I'd call him a possibility. Featherweight Title- Holloway's condition is still up in the air. A possibility I guess. Lightweight Title- Fight scheduled for UFC 229. Welterweight Title- Fight scheduled for UFC 228. Middleweight title- Robert Whittaker is out with injuries til 2019. LHW and HW title- Cormier has both, won't fight at HW til Brock fight in 2019, LHW title, no real contenders. Already said he isn't fighting Gustafsson. Only guy really is Anthony Smith who is fighting Volkan in Canada, that won't happen considering the Moncton event is only a week before UFC 230.

From the women's divisions, Rose hasn't fought in awhile. I guess she's a possibility but a fight against Karolina and Andrade is currently scheduled for UFC 228 to name a #1 contender to that title. I don't see who else she could fight for the title. Maybe Gadelha? Nicco is currently scheduled to defend her title at UFC 228, she won't fight at UFC 230. Maybe this is a landing spot for Cyborg/Nunes? Although Nunes wants to fight in December.

Soo.. After considering all options, these seem to be the only realistic headliners for UFC 230:

TJ Dillashaw vs. Moraes / Assuncao / Cruz
Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega
Cris Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes
Rose Namajunas vs. Karolina/Andrade Winner or Gadelha

A couple of low chance options that would be awesome:

GSP vs. Anderson Silva
The return of Jon Jones vs. who? Cormier III? Doesn't seem likely. Gus II? Rumble Johnson?

What do you guys think headlines UFC 230?

UFC 165 was Jones vs Gus. 165 + 165 = 230 = UFC 230 will be Jones vs Gus 2.

giphy.gif

Edit. Sorry about that, Im too high to calculate, lol.

Fuck a title fight.

Just make Nate vs Poirier the Main Event and extend it to 5 rds like we all want it anyway

UFC 165 was Jones vs Gus. 165 + 165 = 230 = UFC 230 will be Jones vs Gus 2.

giphy.gif

Edit. Sorry about that, Im too high to calculate, lol.

UFC330 is probably about right for Jones comeback...

The only rumor I've seen for that fight is the Canada PPV, never UFC 230. With the amount of fights and matchups been proposed and made official weekly, that is only going to be the norm though.
middleeasy and mmaimports both reported today that UFc are targetting GSP Silva for 230...

but they are both run by retards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back