• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are your favorite movies about NINJAS? -- Do you know the history of the Ninja?

They were spy's and assassins, they didn't wear black ninja suits, that's because in kabuki theatre the stage hands wear black and would be used as an assassin, emphasising the assassin coming out of the shadows, out of the functional running of the enterprise.

Just a story convention and nod to Japanese theatre.

Apparently they didn't use the straight swords we see in all the movies either. They just carried normal katanas and wakazashis.

Only through Ninja Scroll, I get my history from that.

I thought it was cool how even hundreds of years ago ninjas had fully functioning prosthetic limbs with kickass attachments like a swiss army knife.

enter-the-ninja.22770-720x1024.jpg

this is the first one for me.
E8LxtKarjXLfR3VA9
came to put this here
makes me feel old lol
DaQmQM9WAAAzU8Z.jpg

MV5BYTE1OTk2OWEtMjQ0NC00NWE3LWFkZDAtNzlmN2NjZjc2Mzc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Ninja_III_The_Domination.jpg

MV5BMTcxNDYzMjU1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTYzOTM3Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
As a young lad growing up in a black neighborhood, Kung Fu and Ninja movies were a way of life. We had a store that sold weapons like Chinese Stars, Sai, Nunchuks, Grappling Hooks, Ninka Garb etc. My friends Dad was a Black Panther and a Vet that taught us Martial Arts and Ninja training. I am proficient in the art of stealth, escape and lethal striking. I was going to become an assassin but that collided with my moral compass.
As for Shows, not many will remember:
th
Had one near me in Philadelphia called Asian World of Martial Arts. I bought a Balisong butterfly knife there as well as some nunchakus.
https://www.awma.com/

The first and most important thing which must be discussed when talking about "Ninjas" is historian Dr. Stephen Richard Turnbull and his 2014 article "The Ninja: An Invented Tradition?", in which he revisited claims from his own 2003 book "Ninja AD 1460–1650", which is arguably the most widely quoted source on "real Ninjas".

My first encounter with anything Ninja related....

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually my first encounter was seeing ninja stars in the back of my karate dojo in a glass case on the wall. I had no clue what they were till i played shinobi though, lol.

After that, we were all making these....

il_794xN.2893664143_bvaj.jpg

All of that led me to this....

American_Ninja.jpg

Can you actually fuck someone up with real throwing stars? I've never even seen one in person

Can you actually fuck someone up with real throwing stars? I've never even seen one in person

Shurikens were meant to be distractionary weapons as Ninjas were all about stealth, speed & finesse. They were assassins by trade. They would most likely throw the stars, then try to get in close for the quick kill then vanish.

Now if you ever seen or held one, you would know that in the right hands, they can most certainly inflict lethal damage on a human.

0002808_mourning-star-ninja-shuriken_580.jpeg

ninja-shuriken-throwing-star-traditional-kohga-ninja.jpg

steel-ninja-star.jpg

Ya, I wouldnt want any of that zipping towards my head or anywhere else at high velocity.

Last edited:
I actually bought everything I could and even had a grappling hook lmao
throwing stars, climbing claws (which sucked) Sai's and finally the ninja and Samuri swords yrs later ...my daughter stole Samuri sword from me and has it on her wall heh

My first encounter with anything Ninja related....

maxresdefault.jpg
Only arcade game I ever finished on one life. A Korean family I was friends with had the game in their convenience store around the corner and we played that damned thing for free for hours on end. When we weren't browsing the smut mags that is. Good times.

Only arcade game I ever finished on one life. A Korean family I was friends with had the game in their convenience store around the corner and we played that damned thing for free for hours on end. When we weren't browsing the smut mags that is. Good times.

Lucky guy. I dont know how many quarters i pumped into that machine and never finished it.

I can't remember the movie but it stars michael dodocough or whatever it's spelled. Seeing ninjas triggered a childhood moment watching TBS that showed shitty movies from the 80s on repeat.

W
Lucky guy. I dont know how many quarters i pumped into that machine and never finished it.
They also had 1941 (WW2 fighter plane game) I sucked at. Good thing we played for free when the sons were running the store or it would have cost mom's laundry quarters a fortune. Can't imagine how many miles I put on bike tires going to arcades and stores to waste money. The we discovered girls and arcades profits plummeted! Well, not really, but it sounds good.

Anyways, clearly that Korean family used that game to find the last Ninja, like aliens did with star fighters. o_O

Back