• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are your favorite movies about NINJAS? -- Do you know the history of the Ninja?

AristotleAmadopolis

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The concept of the ninja and the history of the ninja is very fascinating.
Here is an interesting article highlighting some of the information including history and philosophy.
https://www.thoughtco.com/history-of-the-ninja-195811
https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/travel/2018/03/japan-ninja-new-wave

The history of the ninja is said to go back to 600-900 AD (or CE of the secularists.)

Often time it was the farmers that would handle these roles but it is interesting that woman also served in these combat roles in a time of traditional conservative patriarchal values.

What I find interesting is that the historical account of ninjas is different from the concept of the ninja that we have developed in our minds through media entertainment. We envision the ninja always wearing the dark garb outfit, but this is not necessarily the case as sometimes in order to blend in effectively they would wear their every day clothes.
https://theuijunkie.com/did-ninja-wear-black/

So in this intelligent conversation about ninjas, I would like to ask a few questions that would hopefully spark intelligent discussion while at the same time lighted hearted humor and banter.

• What are your favorite movies that center on the concept of Ninjas? What about some games and/or books? IS THERE ANY SUPERHERO movie that focuses on the concept of the ninja?
  • I am a big of the movie "The Hunted" staring the Highlander. There is an awesome scene on a Japanese bullet train where the ninjas attack.
  • https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113360/

• What do you consider to be the main points of the ninja philosophy?
  • Are there any that you try to or would like to incorporate into your lifestyle or every day life?
  • Perhaps you might take a path less traveled such as an alleyway rather than your normal route. Perhaps you would incorporate jumping over structure and balancing yourself on raised concrete?

Ninjas are quite fascinating and there is some good media focusing on them. Their philosophy is also interesting and perhaps we can establish more enjoyment in life by incorporating some of their philosophy into our every day routines. Thoughts?

Last edited:
images

My first encounter with anything Ninja related....

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually my first encounter was seeing ninja stars in the back of my karate dojo in a glass case on the wall. I had no clue what they were till i played shinobi though, lol.

After that, we were all making these....

il_794xN.2893664143_bvaj.jpg

All of that led me to this....

American_Ninja.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm don’t know if it counts (but why not) probably Ninja Turtles from 1990. Movie still holds up really well in my book. Scene where Splinter tells the story of Hamato Yoshi and Oroko Saki is boss.

No Turtles product since- tv series, animated movie, Secret of the Ooze, Turtles 3, Michael Bay, etc has been close to as good in my opinion.

forgot about this movie! childhood memories!

gives me nightmares of kids in my elementary school saying Rocky loves Emily! over and over.

movie seemed like the execs were like hey you know what’s popular Home Alone! You know what’s popular Ninja Turtles. Let’s make this movie.

Tv/Anime: Naruto
Video game: Tenchu 2 birth of steal assassin
Main point of ninja philosophy: Get her done by any mean necessary
Real Life: I dress up as a ninja on haloween

As a young lad growing up in a black neighborhood, Kung Fu and Ninja movies were a way of life. We had a store that sold weapons like Chinese Stars, Sai, Nunchuks, Grappling Hooks, Ninka Garb etc. My friends Dad was a Black Panther and a Vet that taught us Martial Arts and Ninja training. I am proficient in the art of stealth, escape and lethal striking. I was going to become an assassin but that collided with my moral compass.
As for Shows, not many will remember:
th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back