• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are your favorite movies about NINJAS? -- Do you know the history of the Ninja?

aff5b9c42b154d99311314d737650830.jpg

Obligatory...

MV5BNjcxMzc5ZWQtN2Y2OS00NGNiLWE4MDYtMzAyYWJkN2YyODliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

But also, it's kind of ironic, but I think THE LAST SAMURAI did a badass job of depicting ninjas:

Ninja scroll is kind of a misleading title for that movie. Yes there are ninjas but other than Kagero,they dont even really feature into the story all that much. Your main character Jubei is a wandering Ronin and the real enemy are the 8 Devils of Kimmon. Kagero is the only ninja who is really featured,and shes more of a sidekick to jubei. Her whole team gets wasted by Tessai in the beggining,and The Shogun of the dark and his ninjas are all cans.

Great fuckin movie tho.

Anyway the BEST representation I saw for ninjas is in the book SHOGUN

Here they are truly mysterious and feared by all,and can only be contacted through proper channels to carry out major assasinations. They are basically terrorists.

They were spy's and assassins, they didn't wear black ninja suits, that's because in kabuki theatre the stage hands wear black and would be used as an assassin, emphasising the assassin coming out of the shadows, out of the functional running of the enterprise.

Just a story convention and nod to Japanese theatre.

They were spy's and assassins, they didn't wear black ninja suits, that's because in kabuki theatre the stage hands wear black and would be used as an assassin, emphasising the assassin coming out of the shadows, out of the functional running of the enterprise.

Just a story convention and nod to Japanese theatre.
I think the black suits might have been something they wore when using the cover of night. Makes sense enough to have camoflauge

I think the black suits might have been something they wore when using the cover of night. Makes sense enough to have camoflauge

Blue, grey, brown or green works better at night, black stands out more. From what I understand the black suit is a theatre prop.

Back