• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are some of your favorite shows that aren’t necessarily GOAT tier

Coach
3rd Rock From the Sun
NewsRadio
Martin
Home Improvement
Brisco County Jr.

Considered SeaQuest DSV but don't remember it well. I liked the idea but perhaps not the show.

I was rewatching the TV show Fringe
And man I forgot how much I love that show it’s probably one of the more tightly written television sci-fi series, especially for not being on a premium service

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a GOAT show and it’s not for everyone, but for the genre it’s pretty stellar

what are some shows that fall into that category for you
Mr in between immediately comes to mind for me
Spartacus. Slow start in S1, but if you are looking for 300 in a TV show with gore, lots of foul language, great one liners and absurdely hot women half naked all the time, as well as training motivation, then Spartacus is GOAT in its genre. There is also some very low key top acting gems in there, the first Spartacus actor (RIP) was amazing, so was that S1 dominus, that roman general, etc.

MV5BMmQwZWYzNWEtYTMyYy00YzBjLTlkNmQtMmI4ZTdhNDRmZDFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg

Episodes, with Joey Tribiani.
Trial & error, with John Lithgow.
Mindhunter.

Dark to me had it in the God tier but the last season was so rushed. Epic show regardless, the skill to tie so much together.
Dark was incredible.

Their (the show’s creators) next show 1899 had potential similar to Dark, IMO, but it was just too damn slow.

Once it got going, it was great, and I think it was on its way to some really interesting stuff.

Sadly it got canceled after one season.

Ash vs the Evil Dead
Supernatural
Misfits
Derry Girls

The Mentalist is a fun one.
Matlock

I can’t think of any others.

Derry Girls
The Responder
Blue lights
Happy Valley

Oh wait they are all awesome

swat
The Terror Hulu
Black summer Netflix
Might be goat tier:

Fargo
The Shield
The Knick
Northern Exposure
Law & Order
Millennium
Two and a Half Men
Munsters
Newhart
Wonder Years
Family Matters
California Dreams
Saved by the Bell
Happy Days
Growing Pains
Doug
Rugrats
Salute Your Shorts
Home Improvement

Early seasons of Sons of Anarchy
Black Sails
Metalocalypse
Vikings
The Walking Dead

Last edited:
Community
the Venture Bros
Last Man On Earth
Last Man on Earth was better than I was expecting. But towards the end I was sick of Will Forte's character. He does great work, but the character was like taking Michael Scott from the Office and going too far with it

I liked Fringe a lot. I am a sucker for campy sci fi and supernatural stuff. Buck Rogers, Battlestar Gallactica, Angel, Buffy, V, Warehouse13, Earth2, Eureka, etc

Last Man on Earth was better than I was expecting. But towards the end I was sick of Will Forte's character. He does great work, but the character was like taking Michael Scott from the Office and going too far with it

I don't disagree with that. I think in season 3 his character was at his worst, but I still liked it. I think season 4 he was more rounded out and less extreme.

Back