• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What are some of your favorite shows that aren’t necessarily GOAT tier

Justified was a really good hybrid of episodic procedural and serialized crime drama, and it was really well cast with consistently great actors. I wouldn't put it next to breaking bad, in terms of story telling or overall quality, but I loved that show.

justified_ps_006.jpg

Lie to Me was great while it lasted. Sons Of Anarchy started out strong, and then just fell off a cliff in the last 2-3 seasons. Burn Notice might be one of my favorite shows ever. A guilty pleasure.

Justified was a really good hybrid of episodic procedural and serialized crime drama, and it was really well cast with consistently great actors. I wouldn't put it next to breaking bad, in terms of story telling or overall quality, but I loved that show.

justified_ps_006.jpg
Yeah this is one of my favorite shows of all time

I feel like the dialogue is just so much better than it had any right to be I love it

Theres a new show called Sprung thats made by the same people that made Earl and has the same style of humor and characters, it was quietly dumped to some 3rd tier streaming app called Freevee but if you like Earl you may wanna check it out, I thought it was great

Yeah this is one of my favorite shows of all time

I feel like the dialogue is just so much better than it had any right to be I love it

Boyd must have been the most fun character to write for, to the extent the writers basically made fun of themselves:
best-justified-quotes-2015.gif

I'm generally a less is more kind of guy, but not with Boyd.

I really loved Nip/Tuck. It was definitely wobbly in places and got pretty ridiculous but I was all in on that show. I need to binge it again because it's been a while
I love that show, wobbly places and all. That season ender where the killer was coming after people, had already attacked Sean and so he's ready with a gun for if it happens again, and Art Garfunkel is playing. The way they shoot it, it looks like Sean is gonna get attacked again, but the killer goes after Christian who of course isn't ready. Then the first 5 minutes of the following season make it look like Christian actually got murdered...that whole segment, I thought, was brilliant.

Reactions: Zer
Lie to Me was great while it lasted. Sons Of Anarchy started out strong, and then just fell off a cliff in the last 2-3 seasons. Burn Notice might be one of my favorite shows ever. A guilty pleasure.

OMG I loved Lie to Me! Never met anyone else that watched it. Tim Roth is great in everything

Monk might qualify for this thread.

Many people find it cheesy, low-budget, formulaic....

But he's such a great tragic character that it overcomes all those weaknesses.

I watched suites when it was coming out
I lost interest maybe 3 seasons in but it wasn’t terrible

I watched the pilot the other day and the main characters chemistry made me consider continuing but I didn’t

First seasons were okay , plus Rachel was hot . The continuity was atrocious though , it became a bit of a quest to see the errors, like Mike had his hands in his pockets , then out then holding a folder etc....

Back