What about Figgy vs Cejudo?

DjolexMTL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Cejudo is not retiring but he needs a stepdown in competition that still has a name and provides a challenge.

Figgy beat Font but his next fight against Cody definitely won't bump him to the top 3 so he will be a good mix of name and competitiveness.

I prefer this fight over Cejudo/Umar.

Sandhagen is too high, and Font/Song don't have enough of a name.

Yan would be fun too

What do you think?

Cejudo slowed down a lot. Figgy might be a plodding straw weight but he's got decent speed and power for bantamweight. Long night for Henry.

Henry has CTE, he can barely do a 15 minute youtube video without mumbling his words and getting confused.

Henry has CTE, he can barely do a 15 minute youtube video without mumbling his words and getting confused.
That could just be stupidity.

Cejudo slowed down a lot. Figgy might be a plodding straw weight but he's got decent speed and power for bantamweight. Long night for Henry.
I'm here for it. Especially after his last lil bath time video.

Cejudo is not retiring but he needs a stepdown in competition that still has a name and provides a challenge.

Figgy beat Font but his next fight against Cody definitely won't bump him to the top 3 so he will be a good mix of name and competitiveness.

I prefer this fight over Cejudo/Umar.

Sandhagen is too high, and Font/Song don't have enough of a name.

Yan would be fun too

What do you think?
I hate this idea because I might actually have to root for one of the dirtiest fighters P4P in Figgy. As much as I hate his nutshots when he is gassing and his eye gouges when he is getting beat up I would love to see Henry get KTFO. Henry is simply not the name he thinks he is and has played all his cards wrong every time.

The guy had 2 belts and made $350k in base salary for his fights against Dillashaw, Moraes and Cruz and he walked away from it. He even made $500k for his loss to Aljo. In those 3 years he was out how much might he have made and maybe actually become a draw and a star somehow. Instead he is known as a duck and a cringey sad fuck who will stay well past his expiry date and when he leaves no one will even notice.

Fig newton is more like it!

If Henry doesn't want to retire I'd be down with it. If Figgy keeps winning he needs a fast track to a title shot.

I like Cejudo/Cruz 2, as a dual retirement fight.

First one ended in controversy, so be nice to get a definitive result and see 2 legends of the sport go out together

Figgy trains with Henry at Fight Ready and he attributes his win over Font due to the help of CCC so no that fight is not likely at all.

That's weird minus the retirement his career is only 8 years.
4 losses, only 1 knee to body tko never got hit much.

And 125 and 135ers don't hit that hard.

But he had ton of weight cuts to make in his life.

Back