Great showing from figgy

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
You can tell him and his coaches game planned really hard for Font. He fought a very disciplined fight with good range, footwork, and counter punches and takedowns. Mixed it up really well and didn’t take much damage from Font, which is a hard thing to do unless you lay on him like Sandhagen.

Wasn’t expecting a performance from him like that.

Figgy has some good power too. I’d like to see it tested against someone with a proven chin as we have seen rob rocked and wobbled multiple times by guys like Aldo and Chito, but they hit very hard too.

Last edited:
You can tell him and his coaches game planned really hard for Font. He fought a very disciplined fight with good range, footwork, and counter punches and takedowns. Mixed it up really well and didn’t take much damage from Font, which is a hard thing to do unless you lay on him like Sandhagen.

Wasn’t expecting a performance from him like that.

Figgy has some good power too. I’d like to see it tested against someone with a proven chin as we have seen rob rocked and wobbled multiple times by guys like Aldo and Chito, but they hit very hard too.

Font's chin is fine. He fought Lineker and made it through.

Honestly I was expecting him to be kinda done considering his age, his layoffs and the last Moreno fight but he really did surprise me here.

I mean Font is no slouch but Figueiredo really did well. He should fight Yan next (yes, despite his losing streak), or maybe Yadong if he wins next week

He looked shit in the last Moreno fight. Throwing single shots trying to get him with the highlight reel. Looked much better today. His durability and cardio looks good at this weight also. Interested in him against the top 5.

I haven't watched that many of his fights, but does he always struggle to hold people down like that? Didn't look good getting all these takedowns and zero control until the last round.

If Song wins as expected this weekend, I'd like to see him & Figgy do the thing this spring. 2 athletic freaks.

I haven't watched that many of his fights, but does he always struggle to hold people down like that? Didn't look good getting all these takedowns and zero control until the last round.
I was thinking the same thing, especially after Sandhagen was as able to hold Font down in his last fight. Feels like Font went and worked on his defensive grappling quite a bit. But forgot about to throw combos unfortunately.

I was very impressed with Figgy. I thought he would struggle more in the boxing range against the longer polished boxer in Font. As ts said he fought a disciplined fight and mixed it up well. Hats off to Figgy we have some new and VERY interesting blood in an already super stacked division!

Yan vs Figueiredo makes sense next, I was impressed with Figgy's performance but don't think he'll beat anyone above where Font was in the rankings.

Font was much more gunshy than expected, shouldn't be surprising given his age though I suppose.

Agreed. I was very impressed with his performance.

Would love to see him vs a Top 5 guy next.

completely nullified the jab with space. always too close or too far away. brilliant game-planning. figgy's power looks scary at 135 too. he let font get off too many shots in the third, i think he's a bit of a headcase, but if he can stay disciplined in the ring he'll be champ material at 135 too.

I like the changes as well...solid and gives new hope for his title hopes and for fresh matches.

Yeah seemed completely at home at 135lbs against a top / fringe contender. I'd also second the Yan suggestion for his next fight.

Back