Well What The Fu** are we gonna have to wait 1 year + for another HW title?

I'm gonna have trouble hyping myself for heavyweight fights now, Aspinall is the only good prospect I know and the division is scarce as fuck.

The real shit right now is at welterweight(still iffy sometimes), Lightweight, Featherweight(Great prospects, but top 5 should fight more) and Bantamweight.

Ok, I'm calling bullshit on that "completely tore my ligaments" stuff. Look at Santos vs Jones to see what a totally torn knee looks like. Knee buckles and locks in place in random ways, can't stand properly, leg gives out, etc. He probably had some sort of strain, but I doubt it's totally torn as he said. Hard to know how long it could take to recover without knowing exactly what he has though.
This is exactly what I was thinking too.

And look at TJ vs Sandhagen. That knee completely ruined TJ's footwork and movement.

<JackieThumbsUp>
Ok, I'm calling bullshit on that "completely tore my ligaments" stuff. Look at Santos vs Jones to see what a totally torn knee looks like. Knee buckles and locks in place in random ways, can't stand properly, leg gives out, etc. He probably had some sort of strain, but I doubt it's totally torn as he said. Hard to know how long it could take to recover without knowing exactly what he has though.

Yeah... Kinda the norm for HW even without this contract shit no? Lol.

Yep. Thank you. I was called a bunch of names because I didn't believe it. And I'm a fan of Nagnnou.

Yeah I agree. Although it's still likely that we have to wait 8-12 months anyway lol. Even with no injuries he's fought 4 times in the last 3 years.

lol Derrick Lewis vs Tai Tuivasa gonna be "the baddest men on the planet".

UFC HW division folks.

There will be another interim belt

Gane will win it again
Francis will leave
Gane will be promoted to paper champ

So, I’m just a sports fan but what is it usually 6-8 months to recover from these things? Then you have to get back and shape and on top of that ngannou is off his contract?

What the fuck do we do now

Oh I seriously hope not sir.

Serious answer though. Get Jon Jones in with some tune ups, develop that potential fight. But that also means opening the pocket book and thinking longterm. Both not UFC strong suits

says it's believable that Ngannou could have fought with an injured ACL and MCL. He does say it's unlikely the MCL is completely torn in half. He says MCLs don't usually require surgery unless it's completely torn and they're already doing surgery on something else in the knee.

Says ACL can get support from the surrounding muscle so sometimes athletes in competition tear their ACL and don't even realize it.

Did he really tear it or is it a way to try and get UFC to strip him out of the title so he could go to boxing?

So, I’m just a sports fan but what is it usually 6-8 months to recover from these things? Then you have to get back and shape and on top of that ngannou is off his contract?

What the fuck do we do now

You won’t have to wait. Ngannou is gonna vacate to belt and go to boxing

My wife had a partial MCL tear back when she was in college playing soccer and she couldn't run on it and could barely walk.

And that was a partial tear, which didn't require surgery. And just MCL (or maybe LCL it was a long time ago) not MCL plus ACL which is I believe what Francis said.

So I will co-sign your call of bullshit

Conspiracy theory #1

Francis is fine and the "ACL injury" is a cover for him sitting out to get out of his contract

Conspiracy theory #2

Gane popped Francis's knee with the heel hook and Francis is playing it off as a pre-existing injury.

That looks like the direction its going with Francis injury and possibly looking afield to boxing. I disagree on Francis own shelf life comments with regard to boxing, for a one off exhibition he has plenty of time for that. Holyfield is in his 50's and came back for a Triller fight.

I would bring in Jones and Stipe for an IC and feed Gane Blaydes to see if he can handle a real wrestler. Then if Jones and Gane both win and Francis retires from UFC thinking his knee is shot have the vacant HW between Jones and Gane.

ACL surgery* is expected as a 1 year recovery until return to athletic competition.

* (Not saying he 100% needs that, but that is normal, maybe Francis heals a little faster being in exceptional shape)
UFC PI stem cells will get the job done in 4 weeks.

Back