Well, I done don got Covid

Lots of electrolytes like Body Armor, Powerade
More like pedialyte or coconut water - those gatorade types are mostly sugar.

You can also get those little tabs you drop in water - I use Nuun after workouts or when I'm just feeling a bit drained (usually when drinking too much coffee and not enough water).

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 10.47.59 AM.png

After nearly 2 years of being careful and working from home I had to go to London on Thursday for a meeting with an important client. First time since the first lockdown.

Train, and underground to get there.

This morning after feeling shitty all night, took the test and it’s positive.

Day 1 - On set of feeling chesty and slightly achy. Had a few whiskeys as knew something was happening.

Day 2 - Test is positive. Aching all over, even joints and fingers when tapping this on the phone. Cold and shaky, need hot water bottle.
Phlegmy. Sensitive to light, bad back and legs. Painful to sit on toilet. Headache coming on. General feeling pretty poor, but it is quickly getting worse. Very odd.

I’ll keep this updated.

damn, that sounds terrible. i hope you recover quickly!

Once again proof the vaccine's are useless at their jobs.
de la hoya had both vaccines when he caught covid.
The vaccines are keeping the majority of people who catch it - mostly the variant Delta from what I've read - out of the hospitals and ICU.

Here in the part of canada I live - our premier didn't want to impose mask, social distancing mandates last year and then dragged his feet when things got bad. Then decided it would be a good idea to be open for summer 2021 - fully open for business (everything) but not require any type of vaccine mandates. Now our province is higher than the next 3 combined in regards to covid cases, ICU beds being taken up by covid patients - to the point that medical procedures booked months in advance are being postponed indefinitely, you have month long wait lists to get in to just see the doctor at the clinic, some smaller communities have no emergency units because staff are quitting and leaving or dealing with covid patients. He has refused to take accountability and is blaming the front line workers (doctors, nurses, etc). He's basically put alberta on the map for all the wrong reasons (we're a laughing stock now and other provinces are asking that residents from alberta to not travel to their provinces).

After nearly 2 years of being careful and working from home I had to go to London on Thursday for a meeting with an important client. First time since the first lockdown.

Day 1 - On set of feeling chesty and slightly achy. Had a few whiskeys as knew something was happening.

Day 2 - Test is positive. Aching all over, even joints and fingers when tapping this on the phone. Cold and shaky, need hot water bottle.
Phlegmy. Sensitive to light, bad back and legs. Painful to sit on toilet. Headache coming on. General feeling pretty poor, but it is quickly getting worse. Very odd.

I’ll keep this updated.

Take vitamins, stay hydrated, eat fruits and veggies.

Get rest but don’t be sedentary.

You’ll win, Sherbros always win.

I’ll keep this updated.

You'll live . Or Not.

-Sun Tzu

The vaccines are keeping the majority of people who catch it - mostly the variant Delta from what I've read - out of the hospitals and ICU.

Here in the part of canada I live - our premier didn't want to impose mask, social distancing mandates last year and then dragged his feet when things got bad. Then decided it would be a good idea to be open for summer 2021 - fully open for business (everything) but not require any type of vaccine mandates. Now our province is higher than the next 3 combined in regards to covid cases, ICU beds being taken up by covid patients - to the point that medical procedures booked months in advance are being postponed indefinitely, you have month long wait lists to get in to just see the doctor at the clinic, some smaller communities have no emergency units because staff are quitting and leaving or dealing with covid patients. He has refused to take accountability and is blaming the front line workers (doctors, nurses, etc). He's basically put alberta on the map for all the wrong reasons (we're a laughing stock now and other provinces are asking that residents from alberta to not travel to their provinces).

The majority of people who catch Covid won’t go to the hospital, even without the vaccine. The number of people who are positive and need the hospital is under 5% of positive cases. If you consider total (including asymptomatic) cases the percentage of folks who need to hospital is far less. Regardless, I hope other provinces aren’t laughing at you guys for your suffering. That would be shitty.

If you're not Obese you'll live. Keep hydrated and look up supplements that will ease it a bit
My 440lbs co worker kicked covids ass in a week. Pretty sure the obesity being a co morbidity is overblown. Or he just has an awesome immune system.

The vaccines are keeping the majority of people who catch it - mostly the variant Delta from what I've read - out of the hospitals.
de la hoya still went to the hospital...so it did not in fact keep him out of the hospital.
1_Oscar-De-La-Hoya-contracted-Covid.jpg

de la hoya still went to the hospital...so it did not in fact keep him out of the hospital.
1_Oscar-De-La-Hoya-contracted-Covid.jpg
One instance out of many - and he's pretty much all better now at least from his posts. So it did it's job and kept him from being in the ICU for months and having long term effects (unless he states otherwise).

No idea.

Wouldn’t know how to find out.

I was on the underground in central London and I believe Delta is rife there?

The underground is a mega petri dish for diseases.

Who knows how bad it would have been without being double vaxed. But I couldn’t imagine it much worse than this.

It’s full on proper flu like symptoms now. No problems breathing yet.

The breathing problems are what killed people. It was like they drown in their own mucous. The vaccines seem to be effective at preventing that.

The majority of people who catch Covid won’t go to the hospital, even without the vaccine. The number of people who are positive and need the hospital is under 5% of positive cases. If you consider total (including asymptomatic) cases the percentage of folks who need to hospital is far less. Regardless, I hope other provinces aren’t laughing at you guys for your suffering. That would be shitty.
Well enough are ending up in the hospital that ICU beds are over run and people with medical conditions that required procedures booked in advance are being told they'll have to wait indefinitely - and most of the covid patients taking up space are unvaccinated.

What is shitty is a "leader" who panders to the vocal minority (who are now turning on him) because he "doesn't want to alienate them" <---- those were his exact words last year and reason for not imposing a province wide mandates to slow the spread.

What shitty is him refusing to accept help from other provinces.

What shitty is he and his party members shifting blame to front line workers while cutting health care budgets - Yeah it is shitty that other provinces are looking down on us but the united conservative party did fuck all to change perceptions of western provinces. I don't blame them one bit for thinking alberta is dumb fuck-ville.

Back