Well, I done don got Covid

ClubFoot

Inhaling from the Six Demon Bag.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
After nearly 2 years of being careful and working from home I had to go to London on Thursday for a meeting with an important client. First time since the first lockdown.

Train, and underground to get there.

This morning after feeling shitty all night, took the test and it’s positive.

Day 1 - On set of feeling chesty and slightly achy. Had a few whiskeys as knew something was happening.

Day 2 - Test is positive. Aching all over, even joints and fingers when tapping this on the phone. Cold and shaky, need hot water bottle.
Phlegmy. Sensitive to light, bad back and legs. Painful to sit on toilet. Headache coming on. General feeling pretty poor, but it is quickly getting worse. Very odd.

Temperature was fluctuating up to 38.7 degree C (101.66 degree F), shaking, aches.

Sense of smell and taste disappeared last night which I found when trying to suck on a cough sweet. Hasn’t returned this morning, even though I don’t have a blocked nose. Seems to be a common symptom.

Day 3 - Been taking paracetamol and brought temp down to 36.1 degree C (99 degree F).

Still aching but the part I was dreading has now arrived, the shortness of breath. Coughing hasn’t really been a problem, but it is becoming more frequent.

Still painful when trying to stand up to go to the loo. Eyes sensitive to light. No energy.

Day 4 - After only 3 hours sleep still have all the aches and pains, now the cough is regular though again no phlegm.

Generally feeling pretty low. Since I’m now staying in an en-suite bedroom I have no reason to leave the room. The room is dark due to sensitivity to light. Feeling this bad, I’m missing interacting with my wife, daughter and dog, FaceTime is good but not the same as a hug. I think we are being informed that we have to self isolate for 7-10 days now. That’s going to be fun.

The psychological effects of self isolation for a human that has daily contact with others must be tough - I understand this now. Maybe it is the lack of sleep which is turning me soft.

End of day 4 it seems the worst is now over.

It got pretty hairy when the breathing issues kicked in, but now all I am left with is -
  • aches and pains
  • dry cough, no phlegm whatsoever
  • extreme fatigue
  • no taste
  • no smell
It seems (touch wood) the worst of it is over (fingers crossed).

Unless the fatigue and aches subside I’ll be taking the week off work (I can work from home btw). I think any additional stress would certainly be detrimental to recovery - so I would recommend not overdoing it by any stretch!

Day 5 - aches and pains are now easing off.

The big things now are;

- a cough (which is easy enough to handle).
- slight breathlessness every now and again.
- not a hint of smell nor taste, which is a huge thing for me as I am a foody and wine drinker.
- fatigue like I have never felt before. Lying in bed for 24 hours a day would never happen before. Now I walk to the toilet and I am absolutely shattered. I am resting up until I garner some of my energy back. At the moment it’s at somewhere around 5%.

Day 6 - Other than fatigue I think that’s it done.

No other prominent side effects from Covid that I can tell - other than no taste and no smell.

Sleeping has been difficult throughout this whole process averaging 3 hours a night, but last night got a full 8 hours.

Taking a week (5 days) off work so I don’t rush back and have a detrimental effect on recovery, but I think that’s it guys.

Big thing to take out of this is, don’t panic! My wife did and ended up in hospital whereas I kept calm, checked all the vitals and managed to get through it with paracetamol and a week in bed (I know everyone is different, this is just from my own experience).

I guess I got lucky, my wife was still battling a host of side effects 4 weeks in.

If I had to compare, the immediate effects of the flu are worse than Covid. But Covid certainly hangs around longer.

Day 7 - I am feeling up to 85% today and taste and smell are already coming back.

I’m just fatigued now but I’m sure that will pass this weekend so I can get back to working from home again starting Monday.

The worst part is now having to still stay in the bedroom away from my family until then.

I did another test this morning which shows I am still positive so still contagious but feeling almost back to normal.

Thanks for all the support throughout Sherbros, it’s much appreciated.

upload_2021-10-13_10-11-49.gif

Last edited:
Sounds more like teh Aids tbh

Managed to shake that off back in the day.

Good luck dude. Hope you make a swift and full recovery.

You been vaxxed?

Cheers bud.

Double vaxed with Oxford.

If you're not Obese you'll live. Keep hydrated and look up supplements that will ease it a bit

Ex bodybuilder so carrying additional weight of both muscle and belly/love handles.

Just taking some meds again now. Can feel it fucking me up quite quickly.

So you were double vaxxed? What's Oxford by the way? Is that a vaccine? If it is, I've never heard of it before.
Yup, double vaxed with Oxford, AstraZeneca.

Going to try and get some rest. Went to the loo and it’s left me pretty shattered.

Managed to shake that off back in the day.

Cheers bud.

Double vaxed with Oxford.

Ex bodybuilder so carrying additional weight of both muscle and belly/love handles.

Just taking some meds again now. Can feel it fucking me up quite quickly.

U sound like me....

My son just tested positive, he's got a fever. I'm clean so far, fingers crossed.

Hope you're better quick. I got the AZ Vax too, hoping it's effective ha..

After nearly 2 years of being careful and working from home I had to go to London on Thursday for a meeting with an important client. First time since the first lockdown.

Train, and underground to get there.

This morning after feeling shitty all night, took the test and it’s positive.

Day 1 - On set of feeling chesty and slightly achy. Had a few whiskeys as knew something was happening.

Day 2 - Test is positive. Aching all over, even joints and fingers when tapping this on the phone. Cold and shaky, need hot water bottle.
Phlegmy. Sensitive to light, bad back and legs. Painful to sit on toilet. Headache coming on. General feeling pretty poor, but it is quickly getting worse. Very odd.

I’ll keep this updated.
Good luck bro, hope you beat this

Back