Weights have slowed me down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyman22336

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I used to run ( do jogs and sprints) everyday, but that was all I did. Recently, I decided to do weights one day and cardio the other, but now I realized I am getting way stronger but my sprints are slowing down tremendously. Is there another alternative which will not harm neither my strength or sprints/jogging conditioning.......

Post your lifting routine.

Post your lifting routine.
Seconded. And I'd like to go on record saying this clown isn't a troll in most of the forums he posts in... his tendencies in this forum however, are suspect IMO.

Don't do a lower body workout the day before you want to set new PRs for sprinting.

OH_NOES.jpg

Well I used to run ( do jogs and sprints) everyday, but that was all I did. Recently, I decided to do weights one day and cardio the other, but now I realized I am getting way stronger but my sprints are slowing down tremendously. Is there another alternative which will not harm neither my strength or sprints/jogging conditioning.......

I think you're doing something wrong

More muscle won't slow you down if you train it right

Seconded. And I'd like to go on record saying this clown isn't a troll in most of the forums he posts in... his tendencies in this forum however, are suspect IMO.

Youre right. His thread in masturbation hurting his MMA game in mayberry was a gem...

I believe I said most... Maybe I need to look a little closer. but the grappling mods have a tendency to pull the trigger a lot faster than I do, and the bulk of his training forum posts are in there, so I figured, maybe he's not an asshole... Maybe I was wrong.

I believe I said most... Maybe I need to look a little closer. but the grappling mods have a tendency to pull the trigger a lot faster than I do, and the bulk of his training forum posts are in there, so I figured, maybe he's not an asshole... Maybe I was wrong.

He's fine, just a bit idealistic and paranoid. I dont think he's actually trolling though.

What a letdown... I was hoping for a joke or at least a flame war :mad:

train for speed -> get speed

train for slow -> get slow

learn to train for what you want. weights can help you get wherever you want to go.

To save time, here is a quote from TheNerdKing:

There have been a number of threads on this. Do some searching.

In the meantime, I'll try to reiterate a little of what I've said before.

1 - You want to develop athletic ability through weight training. Therefore, focus on moving a big weight through a big range of motion as quickly as possible.

Exercises like snatch, cleans, push press, squats, deadlifts, bent over rows and the dozens of barbell and dumbbell olympic lift variants are great for this.

Again, big weight, big range of motion and fast. Try to make all of your lifting explosive or ballistic.

2 - The slow feeling. After hitting the weights hard, your muscles will grow. While they are healing up, they will be a bit sore and tight. This causes people to feel sluggish because they're muscles don't respond normally while they are healing.
Research more dude

/thread

I don't have time for a snappy comeback as we're all very busy changing the lightbulb.

Don't worry -- weights slow me down, too. I can run way faster than I can carry a heavy farmers walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back