Weed makes you better

I wouldn't be entirely happy rolling with someone on any thing that alters their mental state. Same as I don't like rolling with someone whose mind is clouded by anger, pride, alcohol or anything that could put me at risk.

btw, I have rolled with a couple of guys who smoked before coming into the gym... nothing like smelling their bong resin scented breath up close... fuck.

weed makes me better at videogames, eating chips, and sitting on my couch

if you really want to destroy someone while rolling, snort a bunch of cocaine.

Personally I like to drink a fifth of whiskey, take two hits of acid, and shoot up before I roll.
But that's just me.

Weed makes me lazy. I don't partake unless all of my training is done for the day and the kids are in bed.

I'm not condoning smoking weed but if you need it to improve your game, you might have other personality issues/disorders.

What do you guys think? Do you think that weed has an effect on the performance of an athlete? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Just want to know because I want to prove a point to my dumbass teammates. any research or proof would be great too!@ thanks guys.

I can not show proof that weed will make you perform better. But if your just read what you wrote again, It will prove that weed makes you stupid.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be entirely happy rolling with someone on any thing that alters their mental state. Same as I don't like rolling with someone whose mind is clouded by anger, pride, alcohol or anything that could put me at risk.

Guess you don't like rolling then. I'm pretty sure 1 out of 4 people in a gym are pissed about something going on in their lives, or have ego issues. I'd be fine rolling with someone "clouded" by something, because....they are clouded by something, they make mistakes usually.

Smoking weed is essentially just putting chemicals into your body. And everyone reacts differently based on their own chemical balances as well as tolerances. I could defiantly see how smoking weed can help people in MMA/BJJ/Etc. As for me it tends to not work. However, other drugs have helped with certain aspects of my game.

For example: I smoked before class one time and basically I didn't want to do anything. Drilling was fine but rolling sucked. I just didn't want to do it or be that physical. So... weed did not work for me.

However, I'm diagnosed with Panic Disorder and sometimes I get panic attacks and have to take Xanax. Unfortunatly, I sometimes have to take the pills close to when I have to go to class so I can't help but be a little bit loopy still when I show up. I've noticed that when taking Xanax and then rolling I am able to stay much calmer in bad situations and my game changes into a very strategic almost chess like form (Which is kind of silly because Xanax is supposed to shut off your brain). When I am not on it I tend to react much more instinctually without thinking as much.

Lately I've been trying to turn my game into much more of a thinking game regardless of whether I am on something or not and it's working. Proving (to me at least) that drugs can help your game but not in a way that cannot be achieved through a normal sober mind. The drugs may be able to make it easier to do certain things but if you set your mind to it you should be able to do it regardless of mindset (it may just take more practice).

Maybe you're having panic attacks because you actually don't want to train that night (which is good, because you don't need to overtrain) what if the euphoria, and openmindedness of the THC made you realize that maybe you had something better to do than train that night, or that there was a reason why you didn't NEED to train that night.

I know of a few very highly decorated bjj players and some mma fighters that have shown a deterioration in their performance since getting into weed. but these guys are into the whole wake-n-bake scene with having toast with cannabutter on it... seriously.

Maybe the deterioration of their performance was due to an emotional problem and they turned to marijuana as an escape from their shitty lives. Maybe weed was the only think keeping them from killing themselves. Maybe they have to do cannibis in order to cope with the bullshit that surrounds them.. ya know.

i wouldnt say weed made u better but depending on the person and how they think, it can make u less stressed out so u roll more smoothe, meaning u wont resist and resort to strength as much, potheads gas out quick though, see viera vs bravo, lol

Maybe the deterioration of their performance was due to an emotional problem and they turned to marijuana as an escape from their shitty lives. Maybe weed was the only think keeping them from killing themselves. Maybe they have to do cannibis in order to cope with the bullshit that surrounds them.. ya know.

weed is definitely not a drug people use to escape reality

all it would do is enhance their reality

they are still in the same life/problem/situation that they were in before. just stoned on weed.

My $.02

Weed chills me out. I work a slow game when I'm high. Sometimes this allows me to work a different kind of roll. It's certianly not as physical as I usually like to play.

When I smoke I lack the competitive desire, but I am more willing to try bizarre stuff because I'm not thinking about winning. Just going slow

If top players in BJJ and MMA have shitty lives and are thinking about killing themselves, I am a hell of a lot worse off than I thought.

Maybe I should start smoking weed because if their lives suck, I am on the verge of putting the noose around my neck.

Guess you don't like rolling then. I'm pretty sure 1 out of 4 people in a gym are pissed about something going on in their lives, or have ego issues. I'd be fine rolling with someone "clouded" by something, because....they are clouded by something, they make mistakes usually.

I know there's no point arguing with the pro weed crowd (or the anti weed crowd to be fair) but I think there is a fine line between distraction about some annoyance in life and being stoned or in a full on rage.
Why should I put myself at risk because someone can't concentrate so takes something that fucks with their reactions?

never said correlation = cause. but what is "funny" is that these guys are all friends, and all started smoking/ingesting at the same time, and all started going downhill at the same time.

Maybe you're having panic attacks because you actually don't want to train that night (which is good, because you don't need to overtrain) what if the euphoria, and openmindedness of the THC made you realize that maybe you had something better to do than train that night, or that there was a reason why you didn't NEED to train that night.

I actually thought that when I was examining what the problem might be and so-on. It wasn't it and I've since found out what the problem is and I'm working to fix it. To be honest I really only have to take the pills once or twice a month at this point so it's basically a non-issue as of right now.

I like to lace my weed with cocaine so that it picks me up and sets me down at the same time.

Weed makes you better at being high.

That's some funny shit corps...made me lol

Aside from calling TS an idiot I'll say this.
No, weed doesn't make you better at BJJ, because you need to be explosive and react quickly.

Weed would probably make you better at things like...yoga or ti chi or some shit.

Back