• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We'd all prefer to see Jon Jones vs Pavlovich than vs old man Stipe, right?

Who would you rather see Jones fight next?

• Total voters
I literally said all of em except Gus and Reyes. Are you retarded? Do I need to name Shogun, Rashad, machida, Vitor rampage, etc? Or are you just being an obtuse dipshit for no reason? Do you need first and last names as well nicknames too?

You kind of do need to name those, because if you did, you'd start to realize many of them are fighters who were basically undefeated and certainly nowhere near the end of their careers when they went up against Jones.

Shogun was a couple of flukes away from being 19-2 at the time, with one of those losses being at heavyweight and the other within his first five fights (and his second fight that particular night).
Rampage was on a 10-2 streak at the time.
Machida was 17-2 and just a few fights removed from being champion himself.
Rashad was 17-1-1.
Vitor was in the middle of a 7-1 streak, the 1 being against Anderson Silva. He went on to have another three spectacular KOs on his way to a title shot.
Chael admittedly didn't belong there, and I won't defend his credentials.
Glover was 22-2, with 20 straight wins. He later went on to challenge for (and win!) the LHW title many years later.
Cormier was 15-0 with dominant wins at both LHW and HW. He went on to hold the LHW and HW titles and win against everyone not named Jones or Miocic.

Hopefully you get it now. It's been popular to discredit Jones's wins ever since he started beating peoples' favorite fighters, and to say that everyone was either too young, too old, or too small. But these were all excellent fighters with significant success outside of their attempts at Jones's title, and writing them off is a disservice to both those fighters and to Jones.

Last edited:
Jones is not here to fight killers and go on another legendary run at 37....

He's literally here for big-name money fights like Stipe,

not some Russian killer only people on Sherdog care about

Miocic is arguably the UFC HW GOAT so personally I think Jones beating him is better for his legacy than beating the up and comer and it’s a fight I’ve wanted to see for many years so while I think Pav/Jones would be more fun to watch as a fan, Miocic/Jones is a legends fight.
It’s better on paper if you don’t read into it.

In reality Stipe hasn’t beaten a young contender in years and years… he may not even be a top 15 HW anymore.

Stipe is the bigger name and is proven..

I can already see the sherdog post...

Jones only beats up green and unproven HWs.. like Gane and Pav he should of fought Stipe.... Stipe is the HW Goat...Jones will never fight him ..

Lmfao ..

Stipe is the fight to make...then bring the Russian .

Jones is ready for all.... y'all alteady forgot what he did to the Super athletic future of the HW division Gane...Pav is just some other up and comer

People are just frustrated with how JJ is back and proving once again how much the greatest of all he is.

Now, as long as it's active, every time a new monster pops up everyone will say "JJ's afraid to take him on." They say it not so much because they believe in it but because their only desire is to see JJ lose, perhaps with a KO that gives him a gif to post over and over again.

Instead JJ will beat Stipe and retire by blowing the livers of half the community.

And anyway, even 10 years from now, some old cartridge every time a new monster pops up will say "that would have definitely killed JJ"

I'll say this. Why can't Jon Jones take em both out? That would look good in his resume and I believe he'll do that. Haters who assume Jon will retire after the Stipe fight don't know what they're talking about.

I personally want to see him beat and retire Stipe then defend his belt against Sergei. We don't need to pick and choose.

As a Stipe fan, I voted Stipe. Let him get a shot at the title once more, and retire (win or lose) on a big pay day.

I don't like it when Stipe sits out years and gets the shot via past merits. No way to gauge where he's at. With Pavlovich gauging is easy. He's a beast. And on the up, young. Rather him.

Spot on

God this sport is so phony sometimes (lately it feels like all the time) I hate it lol
Yeah man, and it's only getting worse with the match making. It almost seems like they're encouraging it. I appreciate the champions and fighters who take ones all comers, they're the counter culture now.

pavlovich doesn't have stipe's resume

maybe one day pavlovich will be a 3x defending HW champ. and then we can ask those 'what if' questions.

but its also possible that jones beats stipe and retires. and pavlovich gets beat by gane or aspinall. goes on a skid. then nobody will care about him anymore. just like most people dont care about tony vs khabib anymore.

I think all the hardcore MMA fans would like to see Jon fight both of them.

Hopefully he doesn't retire if he beats Stipe.

Right? Unless Stipe fights someone else and looks significantly better than he did against Ngannou in their second matchup, it's really an unappealing fight vs Jones

Pavlovich would have it be far more interesting
Did you see the overeem fight? Jon would handle homeboy the same way he handled Gane.

Not too excited to watch either. In Stipes prime he would have given Jones a good fight and it would have been a 50 50 fight. Even a few years back would have been competitive but Stipe is a bit washed and Pavlovic has nothing for Jones. Jones isnt just gonna stay in front of you letting you beat him into a pulp. Pavlovic will hit air while Jones will be nowhere near. I dont get why people think this would be competitive Jones isnt in his prime either but his fight iq is still there.

Jones wants Stipe because he is the UFCs HW GOAT and this fight is for his resume and legacy.

Its like the wish of Kabib in 2019 to fight GSP, who had 1 fight in 6! years, while we had a peak Usman reigning WW.

Pavlovich is the Justin Gaethje of Summer 2020, not more and not less, and once he loses most of the bandwagon whores will jump off.
He is just the filler for the haters who hope he is the next big thing who will beat Jones.

Last edited:
Jones wants Stipe because he is the UFCs HW GOAT and this fight is for his resume and legacy.

Its like the wish of Kabib in 2019 to fight GSP, who had 1 fight in 6! years, while we had a peak Usman reigning WW.

Pavlovich is the Justin Gaethje of Summer 2020, not more and not less, and once he loses most of the bandwagon whores will jump off.
He is just the filler for the haters who hope he is the next big thing who will beat Jones.

Beautifully put. If you’re a non-emotional fan this narrative is pretty clear to see. But 50% of Sherdog are divas that watch with their emotions and want to troll fighters like it’s an NFL game.

Back