• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We'd all prefer to see Jon Jones vs Pavlovich than vs old man Stipe, right?

Who would you rather see Jones fight next?

• Total voters
This is gonna sound messed up, but I'd hope Stipe gets injured and they put Sergei against Bones. Just so that people can see there's levels to this MMA shit as cliche as it sounds.

Right? Unless Stipe fights someone else and looks significantly better than he did against Ngannou in their second matchup, it's really an unappealing fight vs Jones

Pavlovich would have it be far more interesting
Jon would prove a whole lot more as well beating pavlovich if you ask me

Of course. They should just do an all-Heavyweight PPV again. Throw Stipe some ppv points & let him earn his shot.

UFC 295, MSG:
Jones vs Pavlovich
Stipe vs Aspinall (after he dispatches Tybura)
Gane vs Blaydes
Jailton vs Volkov
Rozenstruick vs Tuivasa

I’m getting the feeling from all the threads that Pavlovich won.

Oh and yes. Makes more sense. We know what Picto will do though.

We know so little about Jones at Heavyweight - chin, gas tank, durability, movement - I doubt he'd want to risk it all against a good puncher like Pavlovich who has no name on the causal level and won't yield a lot of PPV interest. The only thing that's appealing about Pav for Jon is his questionable gas tank.

Its a more interesting fight from a fans perspective sure, but it does nothing for Jones.

He specifically wants Stipe because the UFC market him as the heavweight GOAT. So his plan is to fight Stipe, take that HW GOAT label to add to his overall GOAT label and ride off into the sunset.

We don't have to like it but that's what's happening. No way Jonny boy sticks around to fight Pavlovich or Aspinall. Great fights and real challenges but they do absolutely nothing for his legacy, and legacy is the only reason he's still here.

Stipe is a bigger name, and because of his seniority in the company and his well-earned status of being one of the best HWs of all time, his popularity, and to some extent his age - this is probably his last chance at the title, while Sergei will have several chances for sure as he's still young - I would like Stipe to get the nod. A battle of big-man legends, very excited for it.

If the angle you're coming from is who has the better shot of beating Jon Jones, then Sergei may be a better choice. Sergei probably even deserves it more, having fought way more recently than Stipe, and 8 Round-1 KOs in a row, I mean, come on.

But Stipe/Jones is a fight for the ages.

Last edited:
Stipe deserves his shot. He’s a legend. Although he’s a battle worn 41 year old legend… still the UFC HW goat. He deserves it.

And Jones is at home absolutely disagreeing with you TS. Lol :D You can bet your ass on that. Pico boy would MUCH rather face THIS Stipe than The Divisions boogeyman

Back