• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We'd all prefer to see Jon Jones vs Pavlovich than vs old man Stipe, right?

Who would you rather see Jones fight next?

• Total voters
don't give a fuck about no stipe..

Respectfully.

Reactions: HHJ
stipe will beat him too if he is patient and just use what jon gives him. he will give him body shoots and other things. i mean HW is or should not be only KO shoots

stipe will beat him too if he is patient and just use what jon gives him. he will give him body shoots and other things. i mean HW is or should not be only KO shoots

He's over 40 though.

Pav is the legit number one contender.

I'd rather Jones fight anyone than Stipe who apparently earned his shot by getting KOd two years ago and not fighting since.

I'd rather see the greatest LHW ever fight the greatest HW ever. The former champion who's one fight removed from being champion. Its a bigger fight and its a legacy/superfight. Lets be real here, the only reason people want to see Pav fight Jones is because they feel like he could beat Jon. That's all most people want to see anyway, Jon lose. All this, "Stipe is 40, I don't care about this fight" and, "Jon needs to defend the title against top contenders" is all code for, "Jon should fight someone that can beat him so I can feel better about myself."

Stipe vs Pav for the a title shot against Jones!
While they r the top contenders , Stipe is old and this probably his last hoora . Stipe will also sell and Jones likes the match up so we get one more for sure out of Jones. Bringing in Pav while fair from record and activeness would cause a log jam. If either gets hurt Pav could jump in.

LoL

Just goes to show how many shills around here. Nobody gives a sh** about Pavlo.
Imagine making excuses to avoid the #1 contender...

Duckling-running.gif

Reactions: HHJ
Imagine making excuses to avoid the #1 contender...

Duckling-running.gif
"nobody gives a shit about pavlo"

:: multiple daily threads about Pavlo vs Jones::

Never thought I'd see the day many suredawgers turn their back on Stipe like this. You're all fooling yourselves if you think Dana/UFC/WME give a flying fuck about Pav. They're not going to bat for a guy who can't even speak English lol. Let Stipe get his retirement fight at MSG. If Pav wants to stay active he can fight Gane in Paris.

Never thought I'd see the day many suredawgers turn their back on Stipe like this. You're all fooling yourselves if you think Dana/UFC/WME give a flying fuck about Pav. They're not going to bat for a guy who can't even speak English lol. Let Stipe get his retirement fight at MSG. If Pav wants to stay active he can fight Gane in Paris.
Lol Pav speaks no english yet is somehow still better at speaking english than Stipe,

and is MUCH more marketable.

No one is turning their back on Stipe.

Its just he just sits on the sidelines and recieves a title shot for nothing,and we dont know at all if he has it anymore.

Rather,we see possibly a more competitive fight against a deserving challenger?

This fight took too long to happen,and its relevance at this point is minimal.

Pavlovich is the flavor of the week. It's just crazy how lightly regarded Stipe is now. It is disrespect from the promotion and fans. Stipe doesn't want to fight unless it is a for a title. He wanted a rematch with Francis and he is a bit bitter about the whole situation.
Thats Stipe's fault though. His entitled attitude towards the title and inactivity has made the rest of the MMA world move on. We known since yrs Jones was wanting to target him,seeing him as weak after his loss to ngannou,but thats 2 yrs ago now. Time isnt on his side,and people stopped giving a shit.

I'd rather see the greatest LHW ever fight the greatest HW ever. The former champion who's one fight removed from being champion. Its a bigger fight and its a legacy/superfight. Lets be real here, the only reason people want to see Pav fight Jones is because they feel like he could beat Jon. That's all most people want to see anyway, Jon lose. All this, "Stipe is 40, I don't care about this fight" and, "Jon needs to defend the title against top contenders" is all code for, "Jon should fight someone that can beat him so I can feel better about myself."

Look at your like count..

Thats Stipe's fault though. His entitled attitude towards the title and inactivity has made the rest of the MMA world move on. We known since yrs Jones was wanting to target him,seeing him as weak after his loss to ngannou,but thats 2 yrs ago now. Time isnt on his side,and people stopped giving a shit.
Stipe felt entitled because he was honestly the best UFC HW champion. He has the most title defenses in HW history for the UFC. He wanted to move on after winning his belt back from Cormier but they gave DC a third fight. The promotion was in favor of Stipe of losing. They have been doing that since the first Francis fight. He came with a bad game plan of coming in really light against Francis for the second fight. When Francis didn't want to fight then they made a fight for the interim belt without Stipe. He was available to fight but they booked Lewis and Gane. It wasn't like he didn't want to go back into title contention. The promotion just threw him aside for the interim. They skipped him again during the Francis and Jones saga. Now they want him back to put over Jones.

Back