Media Weasle Breakdown: Sandhagen won 3 - 2

Dirty Frank

SHERMANO
@red
Reaction score
Not even half the analyst that the average Sherdogger is, but Weasle makes a detailed and well - presented breakdown here.

Thinks it's arguably 2 - 2 heading to the fifth (1 and 3, TJ; 2 and 4, Cory). However, in the final frame, Cory landed the harder and more punishing shots, and ended said stanza with a 45 - 32 striking advantage, even wobbling Dillashaw at one point.

"Robbery". His words, not mine.

Yeah Corey totally “won” the 5th being forced to retreat every second by a 5’5 one legged guy. Aggression and octagon control were all TJ, outside of a couple backpedaling punches Corey wet the bed in the last round… this is getting pathetic lol.

Corey SALThagen fans right now:

giphy.gif

Yeah Corey totally “won” the 5th being forced to retreat every second by a 5’5 one legged guy. Aggression and octagon control were all TJ, outside of a couple backpedaling punches Corey wet the bed in the last round… this is getting pathetic lol.

giphy.gif
Interesting. I wasn't aware that walking face first into shots scored so highly in the unified rules

giphy.gif
Wasn't a big fan of either but how are you able to ignore the FACT that TJ got hit with the harder shots more often? So Kris Moutinho was supposed to win that fight all of a sudden?

Interesting. I wasn't aware that walking face first into shots scored so highly in the unified rules

You want to win a fight?

- Don’t run away from a one legged 5’5 guy.

- Learn to grapple and stop giving up your back everytime you get touched

- Move forward and ACT like you want the win in a definitive round.

tj-dillashaw-cory-sandhagen-ufc-on-espn-27-4.jpg

He's wrong, TJ destroyed Sanhagen's fists with his face. Did you see how bloody Corey's knuckles were?

Who is the Weasel?

Another Jack Slack… random idiot who’s never fought at a high level whom casuals gravitate to.

If you religiously watch the weasel, you’ve probably never competed or even trained at a decent level.

<BC1>

Another Jack Slack… random idiot who’s never fought at a high level whom casuals gravitate to.

If you religiously watch the weasel, you’ve probably never competed or even trained at a decent level.

<BC1>
A true Sherdogger hath spoken!

<mma4>

You want to win a fight?

- Don’t run away from a one legged 5’5 guy.

- Learn to grapple and stop giving up your back everytime you get touched

- Move forward and ACT like you want the win in a definitive round.

tj-dillashaw-cory-sandhagen-ufc-on-espn-27-4.jpg
It's like you don't actually understand the rule set of what you're watching.

Walking forward and holding someone against the cage with no offense doesn't score when you're getting outstruck.

Despite apparently not being able to grapple sandhagen had the two closet sub attempts and was fairly equal in the ground shots in the first round- the only time when tj was actually able to get some ground control time. Sandhagen wasn't outgrappled in that fight because stalling against the cage and hugging a person's back isn't 'grappling'.

But sure, keep trying to make points that have nothing to do with the actual scoring criteria when you're getting your face boxed off

Wasn't a big fan of either but how are you able to ignore the FACT that TJ got hit with the harder shots more often? So Kris Moutinho was supposed to win that fight all of a sudden?

Because two counterpunches while backpedaling don’t do anything for me when you spend the other 4:58 of the round getting chased, outworked, and getting your back taken every grappling exchange.

I’m no fan of TJ but this fight reminds me of the Dom/TJ decision where only casuals argued that TJ won… they obviously don’t know what they’re watching.

Aggression, workrate, positioning, octagon control, etc. this wasn’t a close fight to score.

It’s not like Salthagen was sitting down on his punches making TJ pay to make the difference. He was landing average blows while on the retreat.

Anyone who gave tj the 5th round is not fit to judge combat sports

What about the other judge, who gave TJ the 4th round?

I wish the video had shown the 4th round also, because if all 3 judges had given it to Cory then he would have won, and that was a more glaring mistake than one judge giving TJ the 5th.

Back