Opinion We need to talk about Hong Kong

Abu Ghraib in China:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50457262

Very telling quotes:

"When they fed me during a short break between torture (I was still handcuffed, shackled, and blindfolded), they started to do politically correctional education and united front work. They said China is a country where it is not suitable to have full democracy at the moment because the majority of the population are still not well educated, and statecraft and good governance are highly professional skills which can only be managed and handled by a selective and capable minority. The so-called liberal democracy that empowered the mass public could only be populism which justifies what is wrong is right. They gave a historical example - Nicolaus Copernicus - a Renaissance-era astronomer who was targeted and bullied by the mass public just because he formulated a model that challenged the popular (church) belief by saying the Sun rather than Earth is at the centre of the universe. The interrogators showed an elitism mindset."

"Then I saw around 10 young “criminal suspects” who were receiving interrogations in the centre. They are all handcuffed and in orange prisoner vest. When I walked through the corridor, I heard one voice shout out from one of the questioning rooms: “raise your hands higher! Didn’t you raise your hands and wave the flags in the protest?!” I guess they were torturing Hong Kong protestors."

"One new secret police came over and behaved very rudely, he pointed at my face and shouted in Mandarin: “you are a traitor to the motherland!” He also quoted Maoism theory - “People’s Democratic Dictatorship” that: “we noted you are a so-called pro-democrat, but you should know we rule democratically to most of the Chinese people, however, we rule autocratically on you because you are our ‘state enemy”. He also “guaranteed” that I will not be released after 15 days because I will be further charged with at least “subversion” afterwards. He claimed that he is prepared to bet his career on my further imprisonment."

(My comments: Yeah right, you rule over China democratically. That's why the Grass Mud Horse came into existence! Cao Ni Ma!)

"I also asked if I can be transferred to a “concentration camp” in Xinjiang if I have to be under unlimited detention for further political charges because I can at least exercise and do something meaningful, such as planting trees while chatting with inmates with better scenery, rather than wasting away in solitary confinement, waiting for nothing in a cell.

Secret police were a bit angry and said, “concentration camp is from Nazi regime”, and asked from which media I heard about this. I corrected myself and said that it should be “re-education and training camp” which I heard from CCTV. They were silent."

"He repeatedly told me senior leaders were looking into my “attitude”, and he claimed they were undecided on whether to let me go after 15-day detention. He showed two different types of “decision documents”, one is for 15-day detention as originally proposed and signed before, and the other one is for two more years, in the name of “Re-education through sheltering”.

He said the police have ultimate power to decide whether I can be further imprisoned for two more years, and he read clauses about their power out to me. What I later understood (after I was released), is that police have arbitrary power to detain people (claimed to be minor offenders) for enforced “re-education” without judicial review and endorsement by court for up to two years. This is already a controversial and draconian clause in Mainland China, after “custody and repatriation” and “re-education through labour” had been abolished."

(My comments: Courts? LOL. No trust. No justice. No Hope. What "meaningful political solution" are people talking about?)

There are way too many stories like that, and videos of seemingly random attacks by the police. They are acting like it's North Korea. The protesters only have victory or death/life in prison to look forward to. Which is why they are fighting so hard despite being unarmed civilians.

Crazy this thread doesn't have more pages
Indeed. People would rather argue about partisan nonsense. It's a shame. But then again many posters ignored or excused china's actions for years.
There aren't many that said China was a bad actor. I've been consistently against China for well over a decade. While both sides thought money and or prosperity would change China.

Now, now. Is that a proper response to somebody declaring their name?

Try that in America and see what happens...

Disgusting. It's basically time to follow some of these police home and beat them to death or set them on fire.

Source of these po-POS:

Professional police? More like professional thugs.

They behave like this:

My 1000th post!

Calling all Swedish guys here! @Swede

Please tell us if the English subs are correct and true, or did we miss a nuance here.

Jesper Rönndahl taking a swipe on China:

Not that funny (that's why I am asking for nuances here) but more thought-provoking.

Last edited:
Again, nothing needs to be said...

WARNING!! NSFW.

You have been warned.

RIP

some more chinese cops calling hong kong citizens cockroaches

if they are behaving like this right now towards non violent citizens, can you imagine what will happen under full chinese rule?

Wonder who these guys are?

Nothing needs to be said.

Now, now. Is that a proper response to somebody declaring their name?

Try that in America and see what happens...

Source of these po-POS:

Professional police? More like professional thugs.

They behave like this:

some more chinese cops calling hong kong citizens cockroaches

if they are behaving like this right now towards non violent citizens, can you imagine what will happen under full chinese rule?

This is probably fake news according to @1pedestrian

Abu Ghraib in China:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50457262

Very telling quotes:

"When they fed me during a short break between torture (I was still handcuffed, shackled, and blindfolded), they started to do politically correctional education and united front work. They said China is a country where it is not suitable to have full democracy at the moment because the majority of the population are still not well educated, and statecraft and good governance are highly professional skills which can only be managed and handled by a selective and capable minority. The so-called liberal democracy that empowered the mass public could only be populism which justifies what is wrong is right. They gave a historical example - Nicolaus Copernicus - a Renaissance-era astronomer who was targeted and bullied by the mass public just because he formulated a model that challenged the popular (church) belief by saying the Sun rather than Earth is at the centre of the universe. The interrogators showed an elitism mindset."

"Then I saw around 10 young “criminal suspects” who were receiving interrogations in the centre. They are all handcuffed and in orange prisoner vest. When I walked through the corridor, I heard one voice shout out from one of the questioning rooms: “raise your hands higher! Didn’t you raise your hands and wave the flags in the protest?!” I guess they were torturing Hong Kong protestors."

"One new secret police came over and behaved very rudely, he pointed at my face and shouted in Mandarin: “you are a traitor to the motherland!” He also quoted Maoism theory - “People’s Democratic Dictatorship” that: “we noted you are a so-called pro-democrat, but you should know we rule democratically to most of the Chinese people, however, we rule autocratically on you because you are our ‘state enemy”. He also “guaranteed” that I will not be released after 15 days because I will be further charged with at least “subversion” afterwards. He claimed that he is prepared to bet his career on my further imprisonment."

(My comments: Yeah right, you rule over China democratically. That's why the Grass Mud Horse came into existence! Cao Ni Ma!)

"I also asked if I can be transferred to a “concentration camp” in Xinjiang if I have to be under unlimited detention for further political charges because I can at least exercise and do something meaningful, such as planting trees while chatting with inmates with better scenery, rather than wasting away in solitary confinement, waiting for nothing in a cell.

Secret police were a bit angry and said, “concentration camp is from Nazi regime”, and asked from which media I heard about this. I corrected myself and said that it should be “re-education and training camp” which I heard from CCTV. They were silent."

"He repeatedly told me senior leaders were looking into my “attitude”, and he claimed they were undecided on whether to let me go after 15-day detention. He showed two different types of “decision documents”, one is for 15-day detention as originally proposed and signed before, and the other one is for two more years, in the name of “Re-education through sheltering”.

He said the police have ultimate power to decide whether I can be further imprisoned for two more years, and he read clauses about their power out to me. What I later understood (after I was released), is that police have arbitrary power to detain people (claimed to be minor offenders) for enforced “re-education” without judicial review and endorsement by court for up to two years. This is already a controversial and draconian clause in Mainland China, after “custody and repatriation” and “re-education through labour” had been abolished."

(My comments: Courts? LOL. No trust. No justice. No Hope. What "meaningful political solution" are people talking about?)

lol, Chinese can’t handle democracy because they’re not educated, which is why the CCP is cracking down on the richest and most educated Chinese people, the Hong Kongers.

Im sure the Taiwanese can’t handle democracy either even though they’re well educated, prosperous, and handle a democracy just fine.

Fucking India has an issue with people defecating outside, and is internally extremely diverse and India has never had an issue of stability.

Indeed. People would rather argue about partisan nonsense. It's a shame. But then again many posters ignored or excused china's actions for years.
There aren't many that said China was a bad actor. I've been consistently against China for well over a decade. While both sides thought money and or prosperity would change China.
We’re too busy discussing trannies in sprite ads to care about a legitimate, grass roots uprising that is defending democracy

But in all fairness, this thing has been going on for months and the extradition bill was canned for the time being.

"Hey China... we heard you needed some freedom!"

Send the good boys at President Winnie the Pooh's nuts I say.

This is probably fake news according to @1pedestrian

The true non-believer...

lol, Chinese can’t handle democracy because they’re not educated, which is why the CCP is cracking down on the richest and most educated Chinese people, the Hong Kongers.

Im sure the Taiwanese can’t handle democracy either even though they’re well educated, prosperous, and handle a democracy just fine.

Only shows that CCP cannot handle China that well so they need to grip forcefully.

Fucking India has an issue with people defecating outside, and is internally extremely diverse and India has never had an issue of stability.

I beg to differ. India trembled back when that bus rape happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Delhi_gang_rape

But there was a acceptable political conclusion that satisfied the majoirty of he parties involved. Not so with Hong Kong.

Another case of HK po-POS' professionalism:

This "I will not commit suicide" is due to the fact that protester death is usually dismissed as "suicides." Therefore arrested protestors swear on record that if they die there's no suicide involved aka it is a case of foul play.

The true non-believer...

Only shows that CCP cannot handle China that well so they need to grip forcefully.

I beg to differ. India trembled back when that bus rape happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Delhi_gang_rape

But there was a acceptable political conclusion that satisfied the majoirty of he parties involved. Not so with Hong Kong.
What I meant by political instability is the potential collapse of the state. I’m sure India has had many protests but it was never going to descend in anarchy, as far as I know.

Back