Opinion We need to talk about Hong Kong

Hong Kong is done.

And the west have been exposed as the pussies that they are.

We are so keen to stick our noses in shithole countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, yet don't help countries that actually offered good things to the world..

What I meant by political instability is the potential collapse of the state. I’m sure India has had many protests but it was never going to descend in anarchy, as far as I know.

AFAIK, only Operation Blue Star (and the subsequent events that followed) can claim your criteria as potential collapse of the state.

India is a very religious country, and it has a myriad of religions. Democracy and religious freedom go hand-in-hand. Take one away, you also take another. And that is a good reason for India to descend into anarchy. The only reason they didn't was that they respected the religions.

Not so with China. The Party Is the Religion. Funny thing is that China existed for millennia without needing such a religion, even being a glorious empire at some points yet they are so anal about the sanctity of that religion.

And the west have been exposed as the pussies that they are.

We are so keen to stick our noses in shithole countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, yet don't help countries that actually offered good things to the world..

I have a feeling that this latest action by the US is like the earlier withdrawal of the Extradition Bill: too little and most importantly, too late.

Thanks @babycart (I think it was babycart) for the link to that channel with all the HK videos.

No prob.

That said, the dangers of working with China...

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/poli...-philippine-national-power-grid-officials-say
South China Morning Post said:
China can turn off the Philippine national power grid, officials say
  • Engineers in China could plunge the country into darkness using a remote operating system supplied by a firm based in Nanjing
  • Senators demand an investigation into the national security implications, but official says a similar arrangement exists in Kenya, Indonesia and Thailand

Making deals with the devil is never that easy...

Last edited:

Seems like this is his new cause lately.

Last edited:
Indeed. People would rather argue about partisan nonsense. It's a shame. But then again many posters ignored or excused china's actions for years.
There aren't many that said China was a bad actor. I've been consistently against China for well over a decade. While both sides thought money and or prosperity would change China.

Likewise. I’ve been crowing about China since the late Bush years. The wealth we’ve essentially given them was never going to bring about change because it was offered, for all intents and purposes, without conditions or consequences. The fact they would resist reform became obvious to us who engage in international commerce way sooner than it did to academicians and economists who’ve tried to make sense of the matter through theories devised 70 years ago that never accounted for an adversary of this type.

Likewise. I’ve been crowing about China since the late Bush years. The wealth we’ve essentially given them was never going to bring about change because it was offered, for all intents and purposes, without conditions or consequences. The fact they would resist reform became obvious to us who engage in international commerce way sooner than it did to academicians and economists who’ve tried to make sense of the matter through theories devised 70 years ago that never accounted for an adversary of this type.
Yep, you're one of the few.
I think China also has a lot to do with the growing inequality that has ramped up, basically world wife the past 15 years. Everyone outsourcing their jobs to China has done massive damage to the working class world wide. But any mention if that and you're a racist or you hate brown people.
It's oddly sad and fulfilling to be proven right in cases like this and in other cases. While these liberal egg heads stay away from these threads and instead get broiled into pointless arguments about partisan nonsense.
China is a big danger as they've harnessed capitalism and have used technology advancements to better control their own

I think China also has a lot to do with the growing inequality that has ramped up, basically world wife the past 15 years. Everyone outsourcing their jobs to China has done massive damage to the working class world wide. But any mention if that and you're a racist or you hate brown people.
It's oddly sad and fulfilling to be proven right in cases like this and in other cases. While these liberal egg heads stay away from these threads and instead get broiled into pointless arguments about partisan nonsense.
China is a big danger as they've harnessed capitalism and have used technology advancements to better control their own

Absolutely, the manufacturing jobs we lost to China (and other Asian countries who are imitating them at a smaller scale) meant more than just those jobs to our economy. Final assembly manufacturing is known to have the highest economic multiplier of any sector of the economy. The presence of one good paying manufacturing job implies and induces something like 4 total jobs once you consider all the sub-suppliers, logistics providers, contractors/ etc. and all the business where all those workers spend their wages. Callously shed those micro-economies in favor of cheap shit from overseas and what you get in return is low paying retail jobs (with a multiplier of something like 1.1) and vast fortunes made by those who’ve financed or otherwise facilitated the outsourcing.

Where the discussion on this topic is concerned, we have something of a shifted Dunning Kruger effect where the low-information/exaggerated self-assessment actors are the well read armchair economists who devour and regurgitate the papers and public statements of their favorite working economists - whose private statements are occasionally leaked, belying poor confidence in their own work (I.e. the trough of our Dunning Kruger event) .

Last edited:
The Philippines need to elect a President with balls enough to counter China and their abuses. Duterte is basically China's lapdog and is a traitor to his own people.

@ShinkanPo

Nearly impossible to find a Filipino politician with balls like that, seeing that all of them are shitfaced.

Damn, the BURNNN! {<Mcgoat}

To Marco Rubio:
<[analyzed}>

Me:
<{anton}>

The Philippines need to elect a President with balls enough to counter China and their abuses. Duterte is basically China's lapdog and is a traitor to his own people.

@ShinkanPo

I thought my Duterte will make the Philippines great again so I was told by the countless Dutertards/Duterturds on Facebook.

Oh maybe thats what they meant by the PH becoming great again those same people have actually praised Jack Fucking Mah many times yeah that Jack Ma of Alibaba who is a proponent of that 12 hour 6 day work day thing I mean the man does not believe in fucking work life balance!!!

Nearly impossible to find a Filipino politician with balls like that, seeing that all of them are shitfaced.

Sad but true, I don't think Roxas could have done it too.. That man is married to fucking Korina Sanchez !

Now lets wait till Sarah Duterte becomes Press or Many PacMan

Maybe we should push more communism towards china !! Let them Implode!!!!!

I think you guys are expecting too much from Philippines there, what do you guys expect?
Make Philippines to stand and bang with China? Not even US can do that, I'm pretty sure Philippines are not interested and would end outright bring misery to their country.

As much as I hate communism (and lived in Cebu for a short time), Philippines needs to walk on eggshells over China.

Sad but true, I don't think Roxas could have done it too.. That man is married to fucking Korina Sanchez !

Now lets wait till Sarah Duterte becomes Press or Many PacMan

Nope, even Pacman won't hack it.

That said, this guy has bigger balls than ANY Filipino politician I've seen.

He has only one life, yet he bets it for a good cause. {<redford}

Let's all clap for the professionalism of the HKPF!!

Here's a translation:

Nope, even Pacman won't hack it.

That said, this guy has bigger balls than ANY Filipino politician I've seen.

He has only one life, yet he bets it for a good cause. {<redford}

Those HKG police needs to be put in their place for violating their own laws.

It says busking is legal in Hong Kong and yet they harass that man.

Back