Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread, v.1

It is a double standard, if they allow games with far more sexual content, and then censor the one that does 1% of those games. That is the double standard. And the penis thing is just a primary example, of the degenerate content that is uncensored. Full frontal nudity, bestiality, all exist as well, completely uncensored on their platform.

It is 100% a Sony thing, they are the publisher, they decide what to publish. And in this instance, BG3/Cyberpunk gets a complete pass, showing far more. While Stellar Blade under that same supposed scrutiny, ratings system, does not. It's censorship, you didn't get an option to play with the uncensored costumes. No you're forced to download a day one patch. Makes no sense, it's an obvious double standard.
<Fedor23>

I've said my piece.

<Fedor23>

I've said my piece.
For sure man, and I respect and value the insight. But with that said, it is an obvious double standard. They allow certain games a total free pass, showing far more, yet censor Stellar Blade's costumes. If it wasn't a big deal, then why censor it in the first place? It makes no sense at all.

<Fedor23>

@KaNesDeath

One more thing about BG3...

OIP.-IbFfcYc1U5Jlu4mRyTidAAAAA

They made a jacked tiefling from hell with a machine for a heart, who's just as large as your male character you play as...

dnd-beyond-bg3-character-sheets-karlach.jpg

...and they made her beautiful.

Meanwhile, the developers of the new Tomb Raider reboot made Lara ''meh' at best, to appease ugly women who don't play games.

Sorry, Zazen wants to throw insults first, then this is what happens. If you can't handle it, don't dish it out.
Wrong, you started calling me a retard for no good reason just 3 posts in. Anyone can go back and read through the post history so there's no need to lie. Gloves were off after that so don't play the victim.

Everyone is bored of your conspiracy theories at this point. The game would not have existed without Sony. They saw what Shift Up was pitching and they obviously liked what they saw and that's why they decided to fund the game and do heavy marketing. It makes zero sense financially to do all that marketing and then last minute censor the hell out of.

As I've said before for the 100th time. There are a total of 74 outfits in the game, censorship of cleavage means they would have targeted all of them. You're crying over an artistic change in 1 of 74. Give it a rest already.

Wrong, you started calling me a retard for no good reason just 3 posts in. Anyone can go back and read through the post history so there's no need to lie. Gloves were off after that so don't play the victim.

Everyone is bored of your conspiracy theories at this point. The game would not have existed without Sony. They saw what Shift Up was pitching and they obviously liked what they saw and that's why they decided to fund the game and do heavy marketing. It makes zero sense financially to do all that marketing and then last minute censor the hell out of.

As I've said before for the 100th time. There are a total of 74 outfits in the game, censorship of cleavage means they would have targeted all of them. You're crying over an artistic change in 1 of 74. Give it a rest already.
I never played the victim, lol. Someone else tried to defend you.

You are clearly a product of the mainstream narrative. Whatever you say can be easily refuted. This isn't a conspiracy theory, you fucking idiot. It's censorship, get it straight. On top of that, you lack the intellect and honesty to debate this topic. Take your loss and move on already. You've embarrassed yourself enough.

The game's censored, other games get a clear pass, it's an obvious double standard, and no one here can formulate a reason that makes logical sense.

Zazen, the biggest loser here. Zazen the lesser.

I never played the victim, lol. Someone else tried to defend you.

You are clearly a product of the mainstream narrative. Whatever you say can be easily refuted. This isn't a conspiracy theory, you fucking idiot. It's censorship, get it straight. On top of that, you lack the intellect and honesty to debate this topic. Take your loss and move on already. You've embarrassed yourself enough.

The game's censored, other games get a clear pass, it's an obvious double standard, and no one here can formulate a reason that makes logical sense.

Zazen, the biggest loser here. Zazen the lesser.
You haven't even played the game. 74 outfits in total, many which reveal more skin than the one in question. It's obviously not censorship. Why not just address this flaw in your logic?

You haven't even played the game. 74 outfits in total, many which reveal more skin than the one in question. It's obviously not censorship. Why not just address this flaw in your logic?
I own the physical copy and have played the game, wrong again dude. there is definitely more than one costume being censored too, wrong. you flip flop constantly man. disingenuous, dishonest, and you know better. address this flaw in your logic. you have none.

Come on man please don't insult him. Zazen is a cool dude. Everyone in this thread is. We can disagree and still love games and each other
Does he troll other threads like this too? I'm not really familiar with him as a poster. He seems to be acting in bad faith which is a shame because I get along with most people in this particular forum.

Whats your point?

That an additional complexity exists with designing a main female game character. A level of attractiveness must be met that still fits within the game narrative and tone to properly emote. With the purpose of properly maintaining a connection with the player who's sharing the experience.

That an additional complexity exists with designing a main female game character. A level of attractiveness must be met that still fits within the game narrative and tone to properly emote. With the purpose of properly maintaining a connection with the player who's sharing the experience.

I'll take 'Shit Everybody Knows Because Its Fucking Obvious' for $1000, Alex?

And you think that supports uglifying female characters?

That can't be Lara's character model?

Apparently yes, it can be, according to 2024 Crystal Dynamics.

Meanwhile, most of the Tomb Raider fambase's money will remain in their wallets come release day.

Wait...so you can customise your genitals in Baldurs Gate 3 as well?

Am I the only one who finds this incredibly bizarre?

I never found out why the option was there in Cyberpunk. Keeping my foreskin didn't seem to affect the game at all...

Wait...so you can customise your genitals in Baldurs Gate 3 as well?

Am I the only one who finds this incredibly bizarre?

Its an irrelevant choice to everything in the game to everyone not having transexual fantasies being fulfilled in a video game.

It fits CP2077 because its needlessly excessive in a world that 'needlessly excessive' is a character trait of the society the game takes place in.

With BG3 there's no point to it because what genitals you choose is irrelevant to the sex you choose of your character... which is also irrelevant because there's no difference between playing as a man or woman.

Every member of your party is romanceable as either a man or woman... which means BG3 is the first main cast of characters entirely of bisexuals, who aren't attracted to eachother, but each are attracted to 'you' exclusively regardless of your sex... or species.

And each has no sense of jealously, and has no reaction to 'you' hooking up with multiple party members.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and in the middle of my 2nd playthrough but some things about it is laughable.

Its an irrelevant choice to everything in the game to everyone not having transexual fantasies being fulfilled in a video game.

It fits CP2077 because its needlessly excessive in a world that 'needlessly excessive' is a character trait of the society the game takes place in.

With BG3 there's no point to it because what genitals you choose is irrelevant to the sex you choose of your character... which is also irrelevant because there's no difference between playing as a man or woman.

Every member of your party is romanceable as either a man or woman... which means BG3 is the first main cast of characters entirely of bisexuals, who aren't attracted to eachother, but each are attracted to 'you' exclusively regardless of your sex... or species.

And each has no sense of jealously, and has no reaction to 'you' hooking up with multiple party members.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and in the middle of my 2nd playthrough but some things about it is laughable.

Cyberpunk was just weird mate.

I saw the option for the first time and my missus, who is not a gamer, just gave me a look and said "Is this what you like?"

So I replied with "What the hell, let's make me", chose BIG, WITH FORESKIN and with a brown bush and moved on.

I then saw a glitch not too far into the game where I looked down and saw it hanging from my boxers, went into the item menu, saw the same thing and howled with laughter.

Aside from that? It's worth nothing. You don't even see anything when banging Meridith Stout. It's literally worthless and I'd be slightly concerned for the mind of anyone that cared about that feature.

It just seems like such a waste of time and resources to put that option into the game, and I just wonder about why anyone would give a shit about that option, and why a developer would want it in the first place.

I don't mind the idea of all or some characters potentially being romance options regardless of gender.

Stardew Valley is a bit like that. You get eight or so romantic options but you can go same gender romance if you want. Cheating is a thing according to the NPCs though. It just seems a bit...immature...not to include more human elements into the characters, such as jealousy and spite..

Does he troll other threads like this too? I'm not really familiar with him as a poster. He seems to be acting in bad faith which is a shame because I get along with most people in this particular forum.
I have no idea. This is the first thread I've ever seen him in

I'll take 'Shit Everybody Knows Because Its Fucking Obvious' for $1000, Alex?

And you think that supports uglifying female characters?

Game and animation studios have artistic license for a character isnt cast but created.

My biggest complaint about a unreleased game was Doom Eternals HUD color choice. Once i played the game i accepted being wrong. HUD needed to stand out with all the gameplay visual noise. Im not the one here proclaiming a feet pic, Onlyfans and bath water industry needing to be formed around a female protagonist video game character.

Game and animation studios have artistic license for a character isnt cast but created.

Jesus Christ.... can you stop saying obvious shit to absolutely everyone but you think its insightful because you just figured it out?

And you damn well know its not just 'artistic license' its much more to do with activists like Sweet Baby Inc.

And just like they have 'artistic license' to uglify their female characters and feminize the male characters... fans have license to keep their cash in their wallets on release week.

My biggest complaint about a unreleased game was Doom Eternals HUD color choice.

No one cares, Kane.

Keep on subject.

Onlyfans and bath water industry needing to be formed around a female protagonist video game character.
Pathetic attempt at gaslighting your opposition on this subject. You're practically admitting you have no argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back