Getting back into gaming

That's like saying - I'm hungry, what should I eat?

I suggest getting Gamepass and trying out a bunch of titles to see what genre interests you.

Couple of non-Gamepass recommendations: Red Dead Redemption 2, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk 2077.

I’m an old man.

I haven’t played video games in over 20 years.

My nephew likes Xbox so I wanted to play with him a bit and picked up an Xbox One.

It was loaded with the Gears of War games which I played GoW3.

It’s wild getting back into it. I thought the game was so dense visually I couldn’t even see what the hell I was doing or shooting at.

Anyway, I want to get back into gaming and don’t know where to start.

Any suggestions?
crypto based gaming might be your thing methinks

What genre's are you looking to get into to get warmed up?

If you want an amazing racing game get Forza Horizon 5. A great platformer with amazing visuals and music? Check out the Ori Games. Both are pretty easy for n00bs too.

Also, how old are you? I'm 43 and still hangin' and bangin' Never had a 20 year hiatus like you did though OP.

Hmmmm... of my recommendations the easiest to 'pick up & play' is Wreckfest.

i played a fair bit of this hidden gem on gamepass. i found it pretty hilarious

as for witcher 3 that was my game of the year when it launched. the expansions were well worth it too.

i played a fair bit of this hidden gem on gamepass. i found it pretty hilarious
@Rob Battisti

I endorse this IGN review, with the note that several updates have been added since launch adding new cars & tracks.

The only asterix (*) I'd note is the Season Pass, containing all of the extra tracks & cars, and a 60FPS mode. I absolutely hate DLC costs, but since you're getting the base game for free I think paying the developer extra for extra content is worth it.

Hopefully they're working on Wreckfest 2.

Good suggestions so far. Game pass is the way to go. All I have to add is you might like something like Snowrunner. It's relatively simple...basically drive this truck from point A to point B. It's surprisingly fun and addicting without having any complex lore or controls to learn. It's also on Gamepass.

Last edited:
What kind of games were you playing 20 years ago?

Back