Watch Dogs, Discussion Thread

from all ive read this game is pure shit for all the hype that was built

from all ive read this game is pure shit for all the hype that was built

"From all ive READ"....

That said, I pre-ordered the Season Pass from GameStop which means it basically loads my account with money to purchase it. WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND THE SEASON PASS FOR THE ONE?! Or can I just grab the 360 one and it's connected to my account?

Game still looks decent, just not the first amazing next gen game we were expecting.

I am a little sick of these companies rolling out videos that look much better than the actual game. I realize this type of mis-advertisement is rampant everywhere but I find it especially obnoxious in video games.

"From all ive READ"....

That said, I pre-ordered the Season Pass from GameStop which means it basically loads my account with money to purchase it. WHERE THE FUCK DO I FIND THE SEASON PASS FOR THE ONE?! Or can I just grab the 360 one and it's connected to my account?

It doesn't say anything on the receipt? I'm assuming via console, but you would probably be smart to call GameStop and ask them...

You are a brave man to buy a season pass for a game before playing it first...

It's been getting decent reviews, but I knew it wasn't gonna live up to the hype, which is why I didn't pre-order it. I don't have a lot of confidence in Ubisoft so a new IP from Ubisoft doesn't give me the confidence as something like a new IP from Naughty Dog. I'll likely buy it when its on sale sometime in the future, it looks like its worth at least 1 playthrough.

Game still looks decent, just not the first amazing next gen game we were expecting.

I am a little sick of these companies rolling out videos that look much better than the actual game. I realize this type of mis-advertisement is rampant everywhere but I find it especially obnoxious in video games.

I'd give that title to Infamous Second Son, that game is awesome and the scale, gameplay (some of it) and graphics are definitely a next gen experience.

Funny that Ubisoft responded to claims of graphics being downgraded by saying the E3 2012 footage had been taken from the PC version on ultra settings. The video above clearly demonstrates the difference.

Wow that upset me. I haven't been following the games release closing cause i figure it would be a game i would wait for to hit steam sale but Dam that is some sad shit to see. I can't believe the difference.

I'd give that title to Infamous Second Son, that game is awesome and the scale, gameplay (some of it) and graphics are definitely a next gen experience.

Haven't played it but it sounds solid. From what I've heard though it feels more like a really good tech demo than a fully fleshed out game.

It doesn't say anything on the receipt? I'm assuming via console, but you would probably be smart to call GameStop and ask them...

You are a brave man to buy a season pass for a game before playing it first...

Code is on the receipt it's just with the XB1 for some reason it's always a pain in the butt to find things for it through the website version of the Marketplace.

I'm not much of a gamer, but decided to download this, I played for 15mins before going to work, and it's pretty under whelming. Feels like GTA with poor crashes and a boring gimmick.

It looks great. I was hoping for GTA meets Uplink.

Instead I have a game I felt like I've played a dozen times before. I also started Dead Rising 3 a few nights ago. I'm more eager to go home and finish that game.

I thought the game looked like shit from that commercial I saw a week ago.

Haven't played it but it sounds solid. From what I've heard though it feels more like a really good tech demo than a fully fleshed out game.

I'd say Killzone Shadown Fall's campaign is more like a tech demo. Infamous is pretty well done, although if you do strictly story missions the game will take maybe 10 hours to beat which is pretty short for an open world game. Doing the side missions and collecting everything probably doubles it. I also hear they are working on some DLC, so that's a good thing.

Ps3 vs Ps4

[YT]QlT8mImE1GI[/YT]

Edit: This is to show the difference between next gen and last gen...I could have posted a pc vs xbox1 vs ps4, but figured it would turn into a console war...

Last edited:
I just got a PS4 the other day and don't follow which games are hyped or whatever. Just pre-ordered it when I got my PS4 because I got a better deal on my trade ins if I did.

So without ever even hearing of the game until last week, I think it's decent...not amazing, but pretty fun so far.

I just got a PS4 the other day and don't follow which games are hyped or whatever. Just pre-ordered it when I got my PS4 because I got a better deal on my trade ins if I did.

So without ever even hearing of the game until last week, I think it's decent...not amazing, but pretty fun so far.

The hype for this game has been unreal for the last 2 years so it unrealistic expectations to meet on top of it being good but not great.

The hype for this game has been unreal for the last 2 years so it unrealistic expectations to meet on top of it being good but not great.

Ahh, I guess that would explain the midnight release I saw signs for at gamestop haha...I laughed out loud when the kid behind the register when I got the system told me about the midnight release because I had never even heard of the game...apparently i've been more out of touch with video games than I realized! I really just got the PS anticipating UFC anyway :redface:

Hmm... I seem to be playing it just fine on Ultra with a Core i7 4770k & GTX 760 without any lag or frames dropping... Am I doing something wrong here? lol. Seems smooth so far and I'm playing the uplay version.

Back