Watch Dogs, Discussion Thread

Is this any goood?

I picked up wolfestein instead but will probably trade that in for this once I have finished it.

I bought it today and I've put in about 2 1/2 hours into it. So far I find it fun and challenging. You really need to use your hacking skills to evade the cops and such. I really like stopping the crimes before they go down too. All in all, I'm happy with it.

hahahha

2 years of E3 hype derailment

If you kept up with a lot of the details from Destructoid the hype for this had died long ago. People were still hyped for it, but the cracks and tears on the seams started to show.

So basically is there anything ground breaking about this game?

It looked promising but this thread isn't conveying all that.

I bought it today and I've put in about 2 1/2 hours into it. So far I find it fun and challenging. You really need to use your hacking skills to evade the cops and such. I really like stopping the crimes before they go down too. All in all, I'm happy with it.
the first proper mission with the guys on the building site took me like 3 attempts before i could get a hang on the hacking thing. the controls ARE a little hard to navigate at first, but you need to be patient.

Is this any goood?

I picked up wolfestein instead but will probably trade that in for this once I have finished it.

Completely different games.

I prefer a game like Watch Dogs where I can spend a couple of weeks gaming at night.

the first proper mission with the guys on the building site took me like 3 attempts before i could get a hang on the hacking thing. the controls ARE a little hard to navigate at first, but you need to be patient.

I hacked my through the entire mission without even entering the site. I didn't even know what I was doing.

So basically is there anything ground breaking about this game?

It looked promising but this thread isn't conveying all that.

Nothing ground breaking but it puts a lot of things together quite well. People should accept it for what it is - it doesn't excel in anything but is a lot of fun.

Deus Ex HE was a much better cyberpunk game with better visuals.

GTA V a much better sandbox life-sim game with a great story.

SR4 a much better parkour fucking around game.

Sleeping Dogs a much better beat the shit out of crime game (and an awesome story). And better visuals.

probably worth it once they price comes down then? Not worth $60?

I hacked my through the entire mission without even entering the site. I didn't even know what I was doing.
See I did it completely different.
I got the access code
then destroyed everyone via hacks and my gun :icon_chee

I like the different ways you can complete a mission.

Wolfenstein is a great old school FPS.

Played an hour of Watch Dogs and it's kinda crappy. The driving influences a lot of stuff, yet it's tough to drive properly. Cops having these search areas after you escape them makes some fixer missions unplayable. The side stuff mini-games have been done to death. Crimes are a nice touch, though they lead to a chase every time.

This one's a 6-7 depending on the story, some cool upgrades and a ton to do, but most of it has been done, and done better already.

I've played for maybe half an hour and I'm not impressed - will be taking it back to EB Games tomorrow night. Perhaps I was expecting more because of the excellent demo at E3 a year back or perhaps it's because I was expecting a mature, dark game with some real day stealth elements... either way I'm disappointed.

The driving absolutely kills it for me and I honestly feel like I've played this game before, only much more refined and being named GTAV.

Honestly, with the delays and hype I thought Ubisoft would've got it right.

half an hour and you have made your mind up already? a fool and his money are easily parted sure enough

I just started the game last night and here at my initial thoughts.

- I liked the intro and sound design

- The graphics just aren't impressive at all. If it wasn't for the resolution, it would barely pass for next gen. GTA5 and Assassin's Creed 4 both looked better. inFamous blows it away.

- The controls just feel bizarre to me so far. I don't like how you are just walking and all of the sudden you burst into a dash without wanting to. There's a run button for a reason. I don't want to run unless I press run. The driving controls are mind boggling bad. Floaty, loose and silly. They feel like toy cars that you have very little control over.

- The hacks are pretty fun. I like the different things you can do. I don't like always having your phone out and having to see info on every single person you walk past.

Just not a lot of positive things to say about the game yet. The premise is interesting and it doesn't really feel at all like Assassin's Creed like I feared. If anything, it feels like a poor man's Sleeping Dogs and feels really close to the Batman Arkham games. It does look like the game is fairly deep at least and there are a ton of different things to do which is nice.

I'm not going to say it's a bad game yet since I'm still in Act 1 but it's certainly not living up to the hype.

Half way in to Act 2 now.

Still not loving it but its far from terrible.

Im quiet liking busting the gang hideouts and random missions that pop up.

Still not got the hang of the online part yet. I've yet to be fully hacked or fully hack someone. it seems to easy to be able to get away.

just played about 1 hour of this game, seems like a GTA clone to me with hacking stuff added, also damn the driving sucks but Ill probably get used to it.I do like the stealth elements since I loved splinter cell..

I've made to act 2 and so far it's about as good as I expected. I think people had way too high expectations for this game from the start. People were expecting some revolutionary ''Next-gen experience''(whatever the hell that is), just because ubi had a little more power to work with.
Also I think the driving is fine, I've had no trouble with it(which is more than I can say for GTA). I must have played a different Sleeping Dogs because I thought it was average at best and way worse than Watch Dogs

Played this at a friends house, expected it to be bad from reading comments on here. Its good random fun, not an elite game which it was being hyped as. Main gripe is the damn rubber band driving, its the cheapest thing a game with driving or racing can do and they did it.

Back