Watch Dogs, Discussion Thread

Its a good game. I enjoyed it more than I enjoy most GTAs though not as much as GTA V (which is the best in the series, IMO). Its certainly a better game than GTA IV.

No. GTA IV was a helluva fun game with great story, characters and a fun world. The two DLCs were utterly awesome.

Watch Dogs is a good, perhaps great game but its not in GTA IV class.

I'd also rate it under Sleeping Dogs just because SD was a smaller game in terms of world size and things to do but everything it tried to do, it did much much better. I even fell in love with my nasty expensive gay German sports car after driving around a virtual one in Sleeping Dogs. Nasty drifting, driving through the rain, blasting music.

And I liked running around in GSP clothes and beating the shit out of people with my bare fists as a double agent triad cop instead of being an ethical 'hacker' who spends most of his time 'hacking' people with assault rifles.

I will pay somebody to get through the last Iraq sequence for me.

I know I can do it. But I'm too old for this shit.

I got passed it using blackout. Iraq just stood there while taking 6 shotgun blasts at 1ft away.

Also, it really hit me how pc this game is. Convoy mission. "These guys beat illegals, need to go kill them.

One sniper shot to the dome killed Iraq for me, gotta be a headshot. It was the 5 star barrett sniper.

Same here, AC black flag and Watchdogs are going back together

I thought Black Flag was the best AC since II. That could just be because I was jonesing for a pirate game though.

Throw some IED's around before hand. I just used the grenade launcher on the enforcer and Iraq. When he's down run to the other side of the roof and light him up when he comes.

Throw some IED's around before hand. I just used the grenade launcher on the enforcer and Iraq. When he's down run to the other side of the roof and light him up when he comes.

Yeah, I absolutely know I can do it. But I can't be bothered for now.

Not feeling this game.

I picked up this and Sniper Elite (on the PC) and both are a let down.

At first the "hacking" concept seemed cool, but after an hour or so, it seems like the developer is trying to force it down my throat. I get it, hacking is central to the story, but don't be so heavy handed with it.

Also having some weird issues with VSYNC that is taking away from the experience (dynamic vsync and MSI frame rate cap both don't work)

I'm quite pleased with Watch Dogs. I think it lacks the breadth of activities and sheer fun factor of something like GTAV, but I personally like the campaign, shooting mechanics, stealth and hacking a lot.

Much like the later AC games all the side mission stuff fails to hold my interest, but I'm into the story and like the gameplay quite a bit.

I ended up really liking the game overall. I hated the story line actually but I liked the way it played.

BUT....

FUCK that Social Lubricant trophy.

I just hacked the explosives when the elites walked over them, and used the grenade launcher to finish them and Iraq off, if that helps. I know what you mean, though. that was the only part of the game that really pissed me off. Having to hear that whole dialogue sequence (especially "FUCK YOU!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!) blew.

Beat the game...might go for the platinum but haven't decided yet...solid game...I don't understand the hate...don't know if I'll get the dlc's...here is a dlc walkthrough for anyone interested...

[YT]mX7TzTNrKM8[/YT]

Surprised by how many people struggled with Iraq. Personally I thought once you get access to IEDs the game is a cake walk. I just kept throwing them at his feet and blowing them up as soon as he stood up.

On a side note, I don't think I purchased a single thing in this game other than a sports car.

tumblr_meppg8LxWq1qhmzt6o1_500.gif

Grenade launcher to clear the enemies and then IED for Iraq...I did it behind cover beside the ammo refill and didn't get hit once...

Surprised by how many people struggled with Iraq. Personally I thought once you get access to IEDs the game is a cake walk. I just kept throwing them at his feet and blowing them up as soon as he stood up.

On a side note, I don't think I purchased a single thing in this game other than a sports car.

With the ATM hack, I had money to burn early...so I bought everything minus guns(which I got from looting enemies I killed anyways)...

Just used the blackout hack during Iraq's and the .50cal sniper/destroyer. Just headshot all of them.

The Iraq mission wasn't hurt just fire off with the grenade launcher.

Beat the game...might go for the platinum but haven't decided yet...solid game...I don't understand the hate...don't know if I'll get the dlc's...here is a dlc walkthrough for anyone interested...

[YT]mX7TzTNrKM8[/YT]

Platinum lol

Go try the drinking game in pawnee if you beat level 10 you can easily get the platinum after that point. But that game will determine whether you can or cannot get the plat.

I absolutely love "stopping a crime" by having a massive shootout in a neighborhood.

I can't tell what the moral of the story is, but I'm still in act 1. Seems like some great back bending to let you feel good about playing an asshole.

wow this game blows... i tried to give it a second chance....just terrible. good thing i didnt spend money on this.

Last edited:
Back