Watch Dogs, Discussion Thread

i7 4770k, 770 SLI, 16gig ram and windows 7. unplayable at the moment. game does look pretty good (not the best though). crashes galore and microstutter fest at the moment, will try to look into it more at the weekend.

The game does not support SLI at all. I've seen some benchmarks in which SLI/Crossfire actually yielded smaller framerates than single GPUs. But even then... try getting new drivers... dunno why it's that bad, it's supposed to be highly optimized for nVidia cards.

Never bought into any the hype surrounding this game. Just seemed like a Assassins Creed/GTA hybrid game.

reading those reviews and the posts here, it sounds like the game's hard to describe. some praise it while pointing out it's many flaws that make it so-so, some that it's mediocre with a lot of cool stuff. a next GTA would've been a stretch for their first entry in this.

Never bought into any the hype surrounding this game. Just seemed like a Assassins Creed/GTA hybrid game.

The reveal trailer at E3 made it look incredible. Now with all the information that had been easily accessible at Destructoid from bullshot images to fairly generic characters and story elements with predictable runs and all of that DLC and Season Pass nonsens, this was not hard in the slightest to pass up on and just wait for the eventual $40 GOTY(or whatever they call it) version with all the DLC already in it.

Exactly why I never preorder games...

I don't mind pre-orders, but I only do them for games I KNOW I'm be getting. Basically stuff from series that I know and enjoy and may be in short initial supply.

Not being cynical here, but why is everyone saying things like "flop" and "disappointed" I thought, and still think after watching the videos, that it looks like a really good game.

Because it's been marketed as this life and game changing experience and vnaguard for the next-gen gaming when really it's nothing new or novel and could've been just as easily achieved last gen. It's still a good game, but a serious far cry from the ridiculously high standard the built.

Jesus those scores are fucking terrible to abyssmal. The Critic scores are fairly average, but it's getting crucified by the users and that is NEVER a good thing. It's why I consider Galaxy 2 the next best game according to Metecritic since it's overall score is the next highest(*Galaxy 2 - 9.7+9.1= 18.8/2= 9.4*, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - 9.8+7.6= 17.4/2= 8.7). At it's best rated platform the games is at an overall score of 7.05, not good at all.

Edit: For comparisons sake, Child of Light has an overall of 7.35 on it's lowest console the Xbox360, an 8.4 on the PS3 as it's highest, 8.1 on the Wii U, 8.05 on the XONE and PS4. This was supposed to be on of their biggest releases and it's getting swept in the scores by an indie idea they made(not

* The next highest rated is actually Metroid Prime at 9.45 with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time still standing at 9.6.

Last edited:
Shame no Angry Joe review...his reviews are always more in depth and usually without bias...here are some video reviews...

Ign
[YT]N9doEqE0mWc[/YT]

Gamespot
[YT]GEKd5DUHWBE[/YT]

Escapist
[YT]i0iQWcQbYhg[/YT]

Sounds like the game development deviated from the amazingness that was the original reveal a couple years ago?

is anyone having any luck with 1 v 1 hacking games? i got owned the first time lol then i got to 87% and got found. dammit

Sounds like the game development deviated from the amazingness that was the original reveal a couple years ago?

In terms of graphical fidelity yes they did. They couldn't deliver what was shown in the e3 unveiling. Not to say the game looks bad but it's not that step up in next gen like it was suppose to be. The art direction is there but without all the bells and whistles to go along with it.

dogs4mevz.gif

Funny that Ubisoft responded to claims of graphics being downgraded by saying the E3 2012 footage had been taken from the PC version on ultra settings. The video above clearly demonstrates the difference.

In terms of graphical fidelity yes they did. They couldn't deliver what was shown in the e3 unveiling. Not to say the game looks bad but it's not that step up in next gen like it was suppose to be. The art direction is there but without all the bells and whistles to go along with it.

dogs4mevz.gif

Have they addressed this yet? Seems like its slowly becoming a trend as they discover their frame rates drop to get those visuals.

People that have the game and have put some time into it...how would each of you personally rate the game? I'm not going to flame you, I'm just curious...I haven't bought it yet...I'm going to do some more research before buying it...

Kinda reminding me of a slightly less fun sleeping dogs so far. Good though.
I like that they managed to make stealth a valid playstyle in an open world game of this style.

Have they addressed this yet? Seems like its slowly becoming a trend as they discover their frame rates drop to get those visuals.

The original footage was shown on SLI cards and top end PC hardware. They said they never claimed they were showing PS4/XB1 footage.

Here's my advice to developers-Stop getting people's hopes up with false targets. Wouldn't it have been a better idea just to show the footage on the PS4/XB1 at a downgraded level and then later on, you can quietly show off the PC footage or wow people if you can increase the fidelity?

I know they want to put their best foot forward but you are creating expectations you can't live up to and end up with all of the "downgrade of doom" threads.

It already looks like they are repeating the same mistake with Assassin's Creed Unity saying that the screenshots released were in-game footage.

The original footage was shown on SLI cards and top end PC hardware. They said they never claimed they were showing PS4/XB1 footage.

Here's my advice to developers-Stop getting people's hopes up with false targets. Wouldn't it have been a better idea just to show the footage on the PS4/XB1 at a downgraded level and then later on, you can quietly show off the PC footage or wow people if you can increase the fidelity?

I know they want to put their best foot forward but you are creating expectations you can't live up to and end up with all of the "downgrade of doom" threads.

It already looks like they are repeating the same mistake with Assassin's Creed Unity saying that the screenshots released were in-game footage.

But it doesn't even look remotely anything like that on PC, does it?

It's not the end of the world but From did this with Dark Souls 2 and now it looks like Ubi has done it with WD. It definitely feels like a bait and switch when it's this bad, though. At least From came out and addressed that they did it on purpose to salvage the frame rate, plus they are on ancient hardware so it's not that bad.

WD was supposed to be a showcase for new consoles.

Back