• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was Francis mercilessly standing atop of a stiff Rozenstruik one of the most gruesome moments ever?

Miocic schooled that guy.

He still hurt stipe many times . And stipe Couldn’t finish a novice in the ground. Despite being there for 20 mins. nganou has pretty much double the experience he did his first go round.

That’s like saying Struve battered stipe pillar to post and is the better fighter.

stipe has only beaten old once great fighters and hasn’t looked great doing it most of the time.

Hw division is so bad a guy like stipe is reigning champion. Average ground game. Average power no speed. Average boxing. And is still struggling to beat mid 40 year olds.

No complaints from me. They should have given Dom the same courtesy of going out on his shield. Now we're going to here about his stoppage until the end of time.

He still hurt stipe many times . And stipe Couldn’t finish a novice in the ground. Despite being there for 20 mins. nganou has pretty much double the experience he did his first go round.

And he still won 'cause in the end, that's what matters.

"Couldn't finish a novice in the ground". Yeah okay, Mr. MMA expert. <LordRoose>

Tell me : Who is the HW Champ right now? {<hhh]

Exactly.

That’s like saying Struve battered stipe pillar to post and is the better fighter.

No it isn't. What kind of stupid analogy is that in comparing Stipe? <Varys01>

In that fight, he ate some shots but he gave some shots too AND he did the one thing that Rozenstruik doesn't know how to do : Take Francis Ngannou down.

giphy.gif

MiocicNgannou.gif

And he did it as often as he could which enabled him to get the decision victory.

Had he done what Rozenstruik did, his coaches would STILL be looking for his head in the arena they fought in.

stipe has only beaten old once great fighters and hasn’t looked great doing it most of the time.

He's still champion. And now DC is a "old once great fighter"? 'Cause that's who Stipe beat. Yeah. <Meh02>

(Oh and is Francis now an "old once great fighter", too? 'Cause that's who he beat)

Hw division is so bad a guy like stipe is reigning champion. Average ground game. Average power no speed. Average boxing. And is still struggling to beat mid 40 year olds.

giphy.gif

You can't stand that he's still Champion because he beat the seemingly unstoppable Monster. Keep it flowing....

Last edited:
Went full wanderlei Silva on him. Shit was scary. Idk how stipe beat him so easily over 5 fucking rounds. While guys are getting murked under a min.

By utilizing Wrestling, and not staying in one straight-line for Ngannou to land a bunch of bombs.

And whenever he tried to, Stipe would clinch and take him down when he could.

He did it not just as a gameplan but also out of a sense of self-preservation. :D

Watching Dan Miragliotta cup an unconscious Rozenstruik into his chest after that violent assault was one of the most compassionate moments I can remember.

LightheartedScrawnyAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif
Ngannou has freakishly fast hand speed for a guy with arms longer than the total height of most flyweights.

The only other guys in the UFC with huge wingspans are relatively slow punchers- Struve, Jones, Gus, Brock, Overeem...

There is Sergei Pavlovich who is listed at 84" and a bit faster than those other dudes.
ThatComplexAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

But nowhere near the speed of Ngannou's haymakers. Also, I highly doubt his reach stats.

It's up there... Those punches with no defense and the cage holding your head up are always terrifying. And also by the #1 biggest puncher in the sport. Reminded me a bit of this:

Only worse.

One of the greatest moments in MMA history <Goldie11>

Francis would destroy him now

Oh good.

Has he developed Take-down defense yet? <36>

'Cause if he is still the same guy who fought Stipe the first time (and it looks like he is), the same old "movie" will play out in 5 rounds with the same ending :

hi-res-09547201694cb20f3d0595fe3661b23c_crop_north.jpg

Francis was terrifying and I do think he's learnt so much and is becoming more and more likeable, but knew the takedown was never coming so could essentially throw haymakers like he was in a street fight.. Would love to see him try that gung ho shit on DC.
3M9c.gif

Ngannou has freakishly fast hand speed for a guy with arms longer than the total height of most flyweights.

The only other guys in the UFC with huge wingspans are relatively slow punchers- Struve, Jones, Gus, Brock, Overeem...

There is Sergei Pavlovich who is listed at 84" and a bit faster than those other dudes.
ThatComplexAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

But nowhere near the speed of Ngannou's haymakers. Also, I highly doubt his reach stats.

He also started that barrage by hitting his opponent with a rabbit punch which, for some strange reason, is allowed these days.

It's up there... Those punches with no defense and the cage holding your head up are always terrifying. And also by the #1 biggest puncher in the sport. Reminded me a bit of this:

Only worse.
at least Luke was moving and giving signs of (non intelligent) life

Francis was terrifying and I do think he's learnt so much and is becoming more and more likeable, but knew the takedown was never coming so could essentially throw haymakers like he was in a street fight.. Would love to see him try that gung ho shit on DC.
3M9c.gif
imagine that in a streetfight, inside a bar with a concrete floor

Back